WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• prbford64
    prbford64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :o Popping in to say a quick hello and oh gosh, there are several hundred additional posts! No one can say this isn't a chatty group! I've not enough time to properly respond right now, but wanted y'all to know I was thinking of you and sending positive energy to each of you!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts

Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 55/65/80, 5X5X 75
    BR-5X5X 80

Kettlebell Swing

Russian kettle bell swing 22X 10 X 30

Walk 10,000 Miles Challenge

5 miles

Becca- Happy Birthday! Have a great day Celebrating!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Becca - I couldn't tell from your post if your birthday is today, just past, or coming up soon, but this is for you whatever...
    3koel0hfwkg0.gif
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Barbie, we will be with you both as you get through Jake’s surgery. The thing that helped me the absolute most after my spinal fusion was that we got a hospital bed for me. I wouldn’t have thought of it but DH did and the doctor said, oh yes your insurance will cover it and he had them order it for me before I left the hospital. Without it I don’t think I’d have been able to get in and out of the bed without a lot of help from DH. Like I said, I’m sure Jake is in much better shape and weight than I was when I had my surgery so his recuperation should be much easier.

Martha, welcome. It sounds like you know how this works so come here often and join right in.

CarolNC, it’s good to see you. I miss you when you aren’t here! I understand about being afraid to go the self-employed route. I’d need a little (or a LOT) more security than that. I do with you could find something other than that one church.

Becca, so sorry for all the problems for your DH. Praying the doctors can take care of it soon.

Jchappe, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often and join in.

MicheleNC, with the new TV provider we can set it to record in the LR or on phone or computer. Then can watch it from LR or Bed room. Cute balloons.

Joyce, trust me, if I didn’t keep a word document open and take notes I’d never answer the right person about anything. My brain is right there with yours. I hope Charlie is doing well? I think of the two of you so often. Guess you are getting more quickies than you want lately.

Beth, “Ditto” on knowing all of you.

Janetr, I know how you feel. I gained a few pounds over the holidays and my cruise and haven’t lost any of it until yesterday. I finally got the scale to move 1 ½ pounds. Woo hoo. Hang in there, my friend. You know it will happen.
    Carey, a huge 6220.gif on being smoke free. Doesn’t it feel great. I guess I’ve only been off the e-cig for about a year and a half and I’ll admit I’m proud.

Dawn, then next time you are in No Myrtle Beach, we’ll have to meet up! I love that picture of your grandbaby!!!!! Great picture of the kids and you and DH also. Thanks for sharing.

Izabel, welcome. And listen, lady….You just forgive yourself and take one step at a time. You know better now about how to do this so forget the past and move forward. We are with you.

Kay, that is a great amount of money your DH has saved up from not smoking. Wish I had done that.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Some of you will remember that my dear friend from Milwaukee has a rare cancer of the blood and has been on chemo every three weeks for a few years. This is after a bone marrow transplant and radiation. At any rate, they just found out that she has a growth on her lower spine that is the same type of cancer cell. She sounds in good spirits but I am so concerned. I ask that any of you prayers please add her to your prayer list. It’s pouring down rain right now for the 2nd time today. The first one didn’t last more than about 15 minutes so we will see what this one does. I’m sending kudos for your victories and hugs and prayers where needed. I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! appearing-rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday, Becca! May a streaker run across your lawn! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    Y
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading all the posts. I find encouragement here daily. I have more energy since making protein about half my calories. Thanks to whoever gave me the suggestion. I have lost 17 lbs since April. Just need to do more walking.

Debbie in TX
  • lilacroses622
    lilacroses622 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Carey -- Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary. Quitting is so difficult, I quit 18 years ago June 3rd and I give myself a pat on the back every year.

Becca -- Happy Birthday.

Today is a quiet day, but I did get a little cleaning done. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Martha
    from Ontario, Oregon

Tommorrow is not a given, Today is a gift -- Thank you for sharing it with me
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Debbie in TX. I do a lot of walking....some things that helped me were getting a pedometer so I can see how many steps I'd walk and try to increase the numbers and to examine my life to find ways to fit in walking at different times.

:)DJ, thanks for idea about the hospital bed--we'll see what the doctor says.

:) Today we had the farewell lunch for my former line dance teacher who's moving to Arizona...a great time was had by all...Jake came to lunch to say good by....he was the only man there but it was important to him to give her a hug before she left.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3 Barbie from beautiful drizzly NW Washington

Resolutions for June (with mid month comments)
    *weight training twice a week (three times in two weeks)
    *30+ minutes of garden puttering three days a week (yes)
    *daily meditation--gradually increasing time (up to 9 minutes 50 seconds)
    *continue sorting and discarding photos (doing this almost daily)

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Becca happy birthday. Hope you enjoy your day and take care of yourself.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    DJ-we will definitely pray for your close friend. I'm so sorry to hear of her new development. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Got DH to his follow-up appointment today for his second cataract surgery. I am slowly learning my way around Everett and feeling a little more comfortable driving there. He does not have to go back now until July. Made it to water exercise on Monday but not today. I have PT tomorrow and Friday. I am with someone else on here who said food was easier in the summer. Maybe it is just that there are more fresh options available that I like.

Becca - Happy birthday!!!

Carey - Congratulations, that is an accomplishment.

Welcome to all the new ladies, keep coming back.

Barbie - Good luck on that drive, we have confidence in you.

Joyce in SD - Glad you finally got your picture up. We moved to WA from Sioux Falls last June after I retired from McKennan.

Everyone take care, Sue
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Becca Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    DJ, so sorry about your friend.

Barbie, Becca, Joyce and possibly others I have forgotten, hugs and prayers for the health of your husbands.

Theresa, welcome! That's an impressive weight loss.
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ooops that's not Michelle's cold that arrived here it's Miriam's - my brain is very foggy right now.

Linda I too got tears in my eyes at the end of your post. What a wonderful way to leave this earth listening to beautiful music. I am going to add that to my instructions to my daughters. Music would have made a huge difference to all of my family as we waited for my brother to pass when I had his oxygen turned off.

Penney what a beautiful picture.

Mary every time I see you on here it makes me do counter pushups! Thank you!

Dawn I just want too pick that little one up and snuggle her into my neck - normal gramma stuff <3

Barbie how long are you going to be in Seattle? How long is DH's surgery and which hospital?

Another box of Kleenex is calling out to me so be back later.

Smoogie moogies

Gloria in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Gloria, Jake's surgery is June 29 at Swedish Cherry Hill....the doctor says he'll be in the hospital either one night or two depending on what happens during the surgery....I have no idea how much time I'll spend with him and how much time I'll spend walking around so I get my 10,000+ steps....I'll be taking it one minute at a time...there is a hotel facility right in the hospital so we'll arrive the day before so he can report bright and early on the morning of the surgery and I'll have a place to stay while he's in the hospital.

:)Sue, best wishes learning to drive around Everett...we've been there before to go to ice hockey games (the Silvertips).

:)Theresa from Toledo, congrats on your success, so far...you've come to the right community for support and encouragement.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif The frisky poodles are ready for their bedtime walk...that should get my step count to 19,000 for the day.

<3 Barbie from the rural part of NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Auroranae – Beautiful baby. Looks like DYS and DDnL#2 are going to have to revert to trying IVF to have a baby. Please keep them in your prayers; this goes for EVERYBODY. She is so disappointed to get the bad news that her tubes are totally blocked. Hoping and praying it works for them. A niece had to go through it and it worked the first time. Church members, one had twins, the other had triplets. That was close to 20 years ago; so I know they know more about the procedure than they did back then. Last year both my DYS and I had ‘dreams’ of them having ‘twins’ … several nights in a row; but, when he had a dream of ‘triplets’ … she said, ‘shut your mouth’!

Meg – That’s funny, running to the sound of pill bottles rattling. That is one way the “Cracker” knows I am ‘awake’. Yeah, Meg, I do have a ‘good attitude’ about ‘bipolar disorder’ and ‘seizures’. I had had a seizure since August of 2013; so I was a bit disappointed to have one and be on a ‘state-mandated’ driving restriction. My DH has not allowed me to drive on the Interstate since then.

Marcelynh – Sorry that you DH got sick while y’all were diving in the Caribbean. We used to do it years ago; haven’t done it in quite a while; but, it is so much fun to be weightless and looking at all the beautiful things that grow in the ocean. There is a man in town who has mapped a ‘lot’ of the underground springs around here; (cave diving) but won’t dive in the ocean. He had to go on a body retrieval when 2 divers went into the Springs AFTER they were told to stay out of them. I’m too claustrophobic to even want to dive in a cave. Closet thing I came to doing so was diving through a formation in the rock that felt like you were underground. The dive master had to pull me through it. I sort of ‘freaked’.

Isabel in AZ – Welcome. You’ll find a bunch of encouragement and you will learn that we all talk about just about anything here.

Drkatiebug – Smoking is an ‘expensive, bad habit’. KUDOS to your DH for ‘saving’ what he would have normal spent on it.

Carol – I cannot image what those parents are going through. DH said that he and his brother swam in so many creeks, rivers, canals, lakes, ponds, and they ‘never’ even thought about alligators and this was in Florida.

Laoighse – ‘Names’ and the spelling and pronunciation. Reminds me of a joke … Little girl goes to school and writes her name “Le-Sia”. Every time teacher tried to say it the little girl would roll her eyes. "No, it is not Leesia, it is not Lisa, it is not Lesee, it is ... La Dash sia; the Dash is NOT silent”.

Kim – My boys were ‘in scouts’ when they were younger at a ‘Catholic School’. But, they’ve closed down the “Boy Scout Camp” near here for lack of participation. I can remember going for 2 weeks to ‘Girl Scout Camp” and it seemed like it took ‘forever’. I think my parents drove around a lot so that we would not know how close it really was to ‘home’. I think the first time I went without my sister; I got pneumonia. My parents had gone to Florida to a funeral of my great-grandmother. I remember them literally packing me in ‘ice’ to bring my temperature down. My aunt came and got me. Parents too far away to come back to do so themselves.

Becca - Happy belated birthday; glad that your DH came through the surgery, been saying my prayers for y'all. Tomorrow (6/16) ... our DOS turns '40' ... talk about making you feel like time has flown by. Seems just like yesterday they were little, bitty. Oldest DGD turned 20 in March. That is really something that makes me feel my age; but, I was a young "Nana". MGD is going to go get her 'learner's license' tomorrow. She is NOT looking forward to it at all. Parents have 'made' her study to get it. Hope she passes the first go round. It would be more convenient if she was able to drive, it'd help me out a lot. But, she probably won't drive into town. She needs to have a little practice driving.

Lenora
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the deep water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a The Firm Super Sculpting DVD.

Karen - I was thinking that if you put in Chocolate chips, you probably need the mini chips since they're going into the cake. But now that you say you're melting them first, you can probably use the regular sized chips. I don't think those put on top of the cake will sink to the bottom. I'm going to have to try this for Vince, the confirmed chocoholic. I'm assuming this is a 4oz (or the smaller size, whatever it is) of a box of pudding mix. Right? Hungry Girl has a recipe where you take chocolate cake mix and mix it with a can of pumpkin for these brownies.

Kim - what a wonderful feeling when things balance! I'm always so very relieved.

I absolutely love the feeling that I can post things on here and not have to worry that it'll get back to someone, everyone here is a unjudgmental but also can give me different perspectives.

janetr - hope you get better fast

Joyce - so glad to hear that Charlie is in good spirits

Carey - big congrats on being smoke free. that only helps you

Exercised then went to the home of the gal who does sewing for me. I had asked if she had any scraps of cloth at least 10" by 7", mostly cotton (like a t-shirt). With Hancock Fabrics out of business by me, I didn't know where to go. I did give her $5 for it. Then came home and made more brookies. This time I used only one egg and they came out much better. Got another estimate to have 3 pine trees taken down in our yard (I hate them, they are so messy and they are above our septic, I would really rather have deciduous trees there so in the winter at least sunshine can get thru), then went in the pool, came in and started the dishwasher, cut up the brookies, got dinner ready, then to ceramics. Did the second coat on the head of the wolf and the first coat on the white part of the seaturtle. Now home.

While I was in the pool this bug bit me and boy did it ever hurt. Not a stinger but I kept my foot in the water all the time. After laying out I usually do a bit of swimming but I got a bad cramp, so bad that I didn't do all of the swimming but came in and took a shower.

Dawn - congrats on all the celebrations this week. Congrats on the loss

barbie - I totally forgot about the Caring Bridge site! What a great idea. A friend of mine who had cancer had one and it was a real godsend.

Isabel - welcome! You're NOT a failure. You're just human. You will get that off, that's for sure

Why am I so hot suddenly?????

Becca - if today is your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

DJ - prayers for your friend (and you)

Karen - LOL

theresakrause - welcome. Congrats on all your accomplishments. I know that there will be only more to come

Lenora - praying that the IVF works. I know only too well the heartbreak of not being able to have your own children. But modern medicine does wonders today

Michele in NC
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <3