pipcd34 wrote: »
    U

Get tired of "." ??

just keeping you on your toes
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Michele in NC Yes cook the pudding according to package directions, careful not to burn it if you do it on the stove, use whole milk, and set it aside to cool. I usually pour the first half of the chocolate chips into the warm pudding so they melt. When it's cooled down (doesn't have to be completely cool) you just combine the dry chocolate cake mix with the pudding, pour it into the pan, and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about an hour at 350. It disappears before your very eyes. I don't know why it's called chocolate cake because it is not cake-like at all. Definitely moist, gooey brownie, very chocolatey, and not something that is currently on my food plan LOL! The only labor intensive part is making the pudding. I also think it would be good using cut up Peppermint Patties instead of the chocolate chips.

[Added later - I just found a similar recipe on allrecipes.com and it says to bake for 30 minutes which sounds right. I think one hour is for another recipe I am thinking of. So bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are starting to pull away from the edges a little bit. The toothpick test won't work for these because they are meant to be gooey.]

Glad you are getting that tumour attended to, it will be good to know what options you have.

Cute balloon sculpture! Looks like fun!

Beth near Buffalo Sobering day for you, sorry you lost a young friend.

Karen in Virginia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I couldn't tell if you were writing a post to us or an editorial. It was so much to the point and well written it could have been written to either group. There are so many wonderful writers here, you, Miriam, DJ, Becca, you all have such a wonderful way of putting your thoughts down. I know that there are many others. But the reason I don't have your name down here is the reason I can't put my thoughts down. My brain just isn't that way anymore. One time I read some stuff I had written and printed off to one of my MS groups. My thought processes were so much more expressive. I take what I can get and am thankful for it. Besides that, my sis has fibro and we pretty much talk on the same level and when I talk to my children I think they are genuises!!!!

Becca, I can not even fathom where your mind was going when the nurse came in with discharge papers. I am so, so sorry they were not able to get this taken care of. But just put on your chiefs wife's hat on and get it done. I don't know how long it is going to be that he has that bag but is there a wound clinic associated with your insurance that could help you so his skin is not affected and you are getting accurate amount of bile? I'm thinking about the kind of ostomy bags my husband is wearing.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Barbie I don't mind driving with or without others, in traffic or not. I would love to do your driving for you in Seattle and I'm only about an hour from there. I have friends I could visit while there or hangout at Pike's Place Market. I picked up family from Seatac once and drove them up to Anacortes - they couldn't believe I would do that but I love driving. When my dad was still alive I used to drive back and forth to CA by myself a lot. I kinda miss those days. I'd still make the drive today but at a slower pace. Bet there are roses I never stopped to smell! <3

Becca thanks for keeping us informed throughout this difficult time for you and your family. Glad to hear DH is somewhat improved and hope they come up with a permanent fix soon. ((((HUGS))))

More later

Gloria in Spring rainy WA
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the support and kind words regarding my post. I truly appreciate it.

Have went to two birthday parties in two days. Was pleasantly surprised at the good food options that were available. No cake for this girl. I can pass on the cake normally. If there were brownies I would have probably caved.

So happy to see all the good news.

So many new members. As always point out this is a great group of women. You can feel the love and support from all of them.

For those of you going through tough times hang in there tomorrow is another day.

Trying to live more in the moment or now lately. I can not change the past and as far as the future goes I am trying to take it as it comes. Have been told I living in the moment I will learn to enjoy and appreciate things and life more.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    v
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Gloworm46
    Options
    Allie what the heck was DH doing up at 2am looking for lettuce? That story though reminded of a friend whose husband got upset about some fresh broccoli (dont remember why) so left it on the floor in front of the fridge. Instead of picking it up the next day she arranged it in the shape of a rectangle. DH then rearranged it and DF then added to it. This went on back and forth for a week or two. Pictures were taken of the bridge they ended up creating and they both forgot what started it and had a good laugh.

I don't know if anyone was able to open the YouTube video I posted but it was a little guy dresses as Santa singing "Put one foot in front of the other"

Put one foot in font of the other and soon you'll be walking cross the floor
    Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door
    You'll never get where you're going if you never get up on your feet!

Think I'll start singing this every morning!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Michele NC: Cute mermaid

Pip: 5186.gif

Beth: You're right this week should remind us that life is short and that we should enjoy each day. Reminds me of a favorite quote by Abraham Lincoln: " In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Martha: Welcome! I know setting a weight loss goal can be scary. Just set small achievable goals if that is easier. I know that I feel much more successful if I have a goal that I can reach and that doesn't seem so far away that it is unachievable. Meeting successive small goals also seems to help me build up motivation and encourages me to continue with my healthy lifestyle.

Carey - N Alberta
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments on my son's pic. DJ ... I'm with you, no beard ... He's growing another one ... I give up.

Becca ... Glad you have your husband home!

Tired tonight ... Memorial service for young woman (47) who lost a very short battle with rare cancer. I estimate 600 or more at her service. I went to support her husband and two young daughters. And while I knew her ... I realized as I listened to people sharing ... I really didn't know her at all. And here we're talking about real or not relationships. I "know" some of you better than people in my day to day life. I need to process that.

What this week has proven to me is that life is short. Enjoy each day and all your loved ones. Tomorrow is not promised...

Beth near Buffalo

Thank you, Beth, for vocalizing my feelings. I truly feel like I "know" so many of the ladies here and communicate more with most of you than I do any of my own sisters. I do email with my daughters off and on most days, except weekends when they are busy with their families.

My 22 yr old grandson has a beard that's long enough to cover his entire neck. I hate it but I don't ever mention it to him, he wouldn't listen anyway lol

(((Hugs))) memorial services are never easy and even more so for young people. Rest well.

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    WARNING – I am trying not to be political but … This is a single subject post – easier to skip :)

So some thoughts about the “rash” of domestic terrorism. A friend and I were talking about how to help so it doesn’t happen again, and agreed that while there are issues about immigration, legal and illegal as the visa program has issues as well. She felt as some do that shutting down borders and removing folks was a good start, but as I told her that would not have fixed San Bernardino, Orlando, Sandy Hook….so that started the conversation about what causes mostly young men to look to the “gangs” be they terrorist gangs or gangs our urban cities deal with. And we decided that the sense of belonging – family, a small town, a community was part of it; and we also thought that in a small more homogenous country there is a sense of being a member of the country - while we often are hyphenated Americans, or a member of some organization first and Americans second. So how do we change that so we feel part of the whole? And in our conversation the idea of mandatory service maybe military or something like the conservation corps from the depression era. As that would give the young folks a group to bond with – and a sense of working for the greater good. Although I have a ton of issues with the idea of the government paying for and doing another thing that is mandatory…

Anyway we agreed that there were probably no one size fits all answers but it was time to try something.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Gloworm46 wrote: »

I don't know if anyone was able to open the YouTube video I posted but it was a little guy dresses as Santa singing "Put one foot in front of the other"

Put one foot in font of the other and soon you'll be walking cross the floor
    Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door
    You'll never get where you're going if you never get up on your feet!

Think I'll start singing this every morning!

Well I guess you never know how something is going to affect you when you read it, but I have to tell you I have tears in my eyes. I've had a bad day, I laid around on the couch most of the day, which is totally NOT like me. I never nap during the day because then for sure I don't sleep at night. My stomach was acting up and I was so nauseous I could hardly move. So reading your song was EXACTLY what I needed. I loved this in the little movie and would sing it for days afterward. I was singing it in my head as I read it here. I too will sing this in the mornings. I get up every morning and go into the bathroom and get on the scale. And then I'm so discouraged I feel like giving up. I have been working out six days a week and sticking faithfully to my food plan and NOTHING or else gain a pound or two. I think I'll have Jack hide the scale and only let me weigh once every week or two and just sing the song and go on with my day.

Thanks, I needed that :) (((hugs)))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    Love you all <3

Heather
  • janetr7476
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Had to make a quick note. Our daughter has borrowed our car and is bringing it back tonight after she gets off work. Charlie is wanting to get to bed but he knows we need to change his dressing. He asked if I could do a quickie! So I asked if this is what a senior citizen quickie is now!!!!

LOL Good one, Joyce. Did Charlie at least smile at that??? :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Love you all <3

Heather

Love you right back, Heather. <3:)<3

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Gloworm46
    Options
    Janetr I'm so glad I was able to help you as you bring happiness and joy to so many of us! ((((Hugs back)))))