WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Pip please post the link so we can sponsor you.

@laoighse Lawdy, girl, you have your hands and your heart full. What shall we call you?

Karen in Virginia
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) Jake got the final OK for his surgery so now he wants to talk about a million details. I ;heard him on the phone yesterday telling someone "Barbie will let you know how the surgery went".....so I asked him how many people I was supposed to be getting in touch with after the surgery. He made a list for me including which of their phone numbers was the cell phone number so I can send a group text and inform all of them at once. Then I made a calendar to keep track of what medications he has to stop before the surgery so I can bag his morning and evening pills correctly. I am trying to keep balanced about what we can do now and what has to wait until closer to the surgery.

:)<3 I have taken the time to read all your posts and feel your passion about the experiences in your lives....you all mean so much to me, even those of you who have recently joined our friendly community.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful windy, drizzly, chilly NW Washington

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

@laoighse Lawdy, girl, you have your hands and your heart full. What shall we call you?

Karen in Virginia

Karen- I think her name is Gaelic. Pronounced Lee-sha? Is this right Laoighse? Very pretty and I recognized the origin; but to be honest I had to look up the pronunciation!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake got the final OK for his surgery so now he wants to talk about a million details. I ;heard him on the phone yesterday telling someone "Barbie will let you know how the surgery went".....so I asked him how many people I was supposed to be getting in touch with after the surgery. He made a list for me including which of their phone numbers was the cell phone number so I can send a group text and inform all of them at once. Then I made a calendar to keep track of what medications he has to stop before the surgery so I can bag his morning and evening pills correctly. I am trying to keep balanced about what we can do now and what has to wait until closer to the surgery.

:)<3 I have taken the time to read all your posts and feel your passion about the experiences in your lives....you all mean so much to me, even those of you who have recently joined our friendly community.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful windy, drizzly, chilly NW Washington

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

Barbie~ (((((hugs))))) I can relate with you friend! There are blood draw days for husband that I have to bag medicines that can't be taken until after, and also I have to keep track of 8 different meds, filling the weekly container and ordering via mailorder pharmacy before I truly run out. I mean I can't just let them run out then order, because it takes a week to get them to me. Once my husband filled the container for me for the week, but he didn't count out how many were left in the bottle, and I had less than a weeks worth of this anti-rejection pills....so now I forbid him to come near the pill bag...MY domain!!

Regarding keeping people informed, it can be complicated. Remember its your time, and if you need to concentrate on your husband, people have to wait. It's not your job to inform everyone especially when you are stressed. Just call the people you need to inform, and then others as you feel less stressed. (((((((hugs))) Remember to have phone numbers of friends you feel most grounded to. It helped me to call my sister, because she asked how I was doing, was I eating, resting ok etc. I also called my MIL to keep her in the loop. I know with the hospital he was at, there are MANY places where you don't get a signal, (I think it has to do with all the medical equipment etc). So the last think I wanted to do was play message tag with someone. Positive thoughts sent your way friend!!!
    Becca
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)<3Becca,thank you for the support and the helpful info
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.33min, 14.8amph, 130mhr, 2.5mi = 74c
    SPIN- 42min, 104ar, 52aw, 6g, 145mhr, 8.7mi = 290c
    ride gym 2 wk, via yakima loop- 59.20min, 11.6amph, 119ahr, 142mhr, 11.4mi = 466c
    RIDE round parking lot - 15.15min, 2.3mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.57min, 8.1amph, 155mhr, 2.5mi =190c
    total cal 1087
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Eating like a horse lol. Diving burns the calories. Four dives today. Tons of fish. Beautiful corals. Tomorrow we are heading to the West End of the island (Roatan) to look for turtles.

Marcelyn in Honduras.
  • pipcd34
    Options

Karen in Virginia

that's not allowed on mfp that's what i thought that's why i've never asked for anyone to donate or have put on my link on here. this is the first year i've done this. my main one that kirby and i do every year that i do ask for donations on is the one i've been doing for awhile is the MS Deception Pass Classic. raise $$ for MS. kirby has been riding it for over 20 yrs now, i've been volunteering for about 14 years and riding for about 5 or 6yrs, that's a 2day ride. i do appreciate you or anyone else wanting to donate and if you or anyone else. i can email you the link msg me and i can give it. thanks again.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Is there any kind of "how to" articles on using all the parts of MFP? I get so confused on how to work everything. I can log my calories and that's about all I know. I come across a million things that I have no idea how to use or what things mean or what people are talking about. I am feeling so techie challenged right now. Im praying there's a manual for MFP somewhere.

Here's a link to some of the articles in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/?

Hopefully this will help.

Carey - N. Alberta
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Great Cycle Challenge (raising $ for kids cancer) as of now

ridden 277.4miles
    goal 400 mi in the month of June
    122.6 to go
    still 2nd female in the state of WA as far as miles ridden, 9th place overall - i am 69% done in reaching my riding goal

as far as $$ raised, i'm 79th in WA state which is kinda amazing if you ask me, i'm 4035 nationally
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    13,000 steps
    161 minutes of dog walking
    35 minutes riding the exercise bike

weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 3 X 10 @ 32.5 lbs
    deadlift 5X5 @ 60 lbs
    overhead press 5X5 @ 30 lbs
    kettle bell swing 3 X 10 @ 20 lbs
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

SSC1958 wrote: »
    Is there any kind of "how to" articles on using all the parts of MFP? I get so confused on how to work everything. I can log my calories and that's about all I know. I come across a million things that I have no idea how to use or what things mean or what people are talking about. I am feeling so techie challenged right now. Im praying there's a manual for MFP somewhere.

Here's a link to some of the articles in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/?

Hopefully this will help.

Carey - N. Alberta

Thanks Carey!!!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    U

Get tired of "." ??

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of Jeannette Jenkins Cardio Sculpt DVD. It sure didn't feel like 45 minutes so I really need to check the time next time I do this DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Jess came last night. There was a lady at ceramics who brought in a kitten and she had more that she was giving away. Jess wanted some but Colby doesn't think it's a good idea. As Jess said "this isn't over". She really wants them. The lady wants to see that they go to a good home and she feels Jess would give them a good home. She's right.

Exercised, talked with Jess some, she went to the dentist while I went in the pool. She took the things that Carrie (who went to Australia) gave her like dishes etc and I went back in the pool. I promised Vince that I'd go shooting with him tonight. He has the Newcomer shooting. Maybe I'll be able to shoot that snake if I need to, but the reality is that I wouldn't look at it long enough to shoot it. I'm thinking that I'll have some sardines before we go shooting. Then they usually go out afterwards to have something to eat. Not sure where we're going to go.

penny - I, too, like the fact that I can come here at any time at all and there are new posts, even at 2a.m. my time.

Karen in VA - that cake sounds like something Vince would like. Are you saying that you cook the pudding first?

Paula - I usually do my ceramics in bisque. I brought that mermaid back from FL and other things (like the sea turtle that I'll work on next and the wolf that I'm working on now) from VA. I don't know that greenware would make such a long drive in one piece. To me, I have to log all my food and watch what it is that I'm putting into my body. That seems to be what helps me. Also, having tofu or applesauce at night helps as I get really hungry at night. My body wants carbs (like cookies) but the tofu seems to satisfy that. Boy, you've sure had it rough with your husband and all.

Martha and Tanya and jchappe - welcome!

I see the doc in Winston Salem about the tumor in my ear on July 5. Actually, they had an appt at 8:30 on June 30, but it's a 2hr drive (or so Vince said) from here and that's pretty darn early so we took the appt on the 5th at 10:40

Becca - I downloaded the Skype feature to my laptop, you probably could, too.

KJ - I wouldn't say that I was talented, not by a long shot. I'm terrible about picking out the colors for things and just imagining what it would look like. I need a pic to follow. Even then, that rock maybe could have been another color. I don't know if they have a dark green (like a dark olive color) with brown specks in it. I did want to stay away from a brown rock because her hand is on the rock and her hand is a skin tone. But thank you everyone for the compliments!

DJ and Mary - I would guess that the mermaid is about 9" tall and probably about 7" across. We usually want things larger, but I just thought this mermaid was so different from all the other ones that I saw. So she's going to go down on the same level as the pool where we have a smaller turtle that MIL made

DJ - the foods you eat sound like the foods I eat, I'm not real big on red meat but give me my veges. I like my fruit, too, but do limit it. If you record a TV show in the bedroom, can you watch it in the living room? Or can you only watch what you record in that room? That's the way we are

Well...I did go shooting with Vince tonight. Hey, I hit the target...and all 8 times no less. Afterwards, we went out to eat, I had a black bean burger (no bun) and asked for green beans on the side. The waiter told me that wasn't any butter on them, but when they came out there certainly was something greasy on them! So I sent them back. They came back out with the same greasy stuff on them. I had two mouthfuls and honestly couldn't eat them any more. One gal came by and asked how my green beans were and I told her. Do you know that she cut our bill in half because of it? That I was not expecting.

While we were there, there is this gal who does balloon sculptures. I've attached a pic of what she made me. She made the other lady a balloon corsage and her husband a balloon lady, one guy she made a balloon beer mug. What impressed me was the detail. I think we just might have found the thing for the social! However, Vince went to talk to her and she said to him that she's working with a client for that day (this I don't completely understand) she's not saying "yes" and she's not saying "no", but we are to call her in a week or two I do hope that she can do it. I think this is something that Newcomers would enjoy.

barbie - about calling everyone, can you make a "phone tree"? Then you'd only have to call a few people and they can relay the info to others.

pip - awesome stats there, girl!

Michele in NC
    1e1fklx0wyhy.jpg

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments on my son's pic. DJ ... I'm with you, no beard ... He's growing another one ... I give up.

Becca ... Glad you have your husband home!

Tired tonight ... Memorial service for young woman (47) who lost a very short battle with rare cancer. I estimate 600 or more at her service. I went to support her husband and two young daughters. And while I knew her ... I realized as I listened to people sharing ... I really didn't know her at all. And here we're talking about real or not relationships. I "know" some of you better than people in my day to day life. I need to process that.

What this week has proven to me is that life is short. Enjoy each day and all your loved ones. Tomorrow is not promised...

Beth near Buffalo
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    michele - love the balloon figurine!

doing a happy dance, been working on banking issues all day (not quite but it feels like it! ) and finally every thing balanced!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • barbiecat
    edited June 2016
    Options