Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to think that dirty eaters are all together way too sensitive. Low blood sugar maybe? Insulin bounce? Or maybe it is the post pop-tart blues (you KNEW someone had to mention Pop Tarts).

No, just fed up of sanctimonious clap trap that some people spew.
    Better yet, clean eaters could be jealous that "dirty" eaters can get away with eating the way they want and still stay fit and healthy. Maybe it's the lack of sugar that's the problem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But. But. Hangry is the proper spelling of hangry.

OK, OK, I said give. Mean, mean, me. And I am not even hangry - nor have I ever heard of being "hangry." I guess it is just a ...

I believe the word you're looking for is, portmanteau.

Fantabulous. :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OK, OK, I said give. Mean, mean, me. And I am not even hangry - nor have I ever heard of being "hangry." I guess it is just a ...

:love:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Oh this just wins.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to think that dirty eaters are all together way too sensitive. Low blood sugar maybe? Insulin bounce? Or maybe it is the post pop-tart blues (you KNEW someone had to mention Pop Tarts).

No, just fed up of sanctimonious clap trap that some people spew.

Which, what, makes you special (not that you aren't, that was rhetorical)l? Sorry, but there is PLENTY of clap trap on these boards to go around...the clean eaters (which, btw I am not even one of, they wouldn't have me) are surely not the only ones...

No, I did not insinuate that in the slightest. And I agree that there is a plethora of claptrap (just realized that is one word) here, however, clean eaters and 'dirty eaters' is the topic at hand.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

yeah you would think the clean eaters would be more upset cause they cant have that junk food LOL if I was part of the dirty eater group I would be like good more pop tarts and grease fried foods for me :)

but really I think the dirty eaters just cant stand that we say clean eating it pisses them off, but really all we are saying is that we don't want to make 50 percent of our diet junk food maybe like 90 percent clean and once in a while treat our self's to some fried foods or all types of ingredients foods you cant redaf once In a long while LOL
  • Lentil_Face
    Options
    I don't have a problem with "clean: eating at all. In fact, I think it's great!
    I'd love to aim to clean eat and only clean eat, but i know that will take a while.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Are you really 53? Just curious.

Of course not! But thank you for asking.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

yeah you would think the clean eaters would be more upset cause they cant have that junk food LOL if I was part of the dirty eater group I would be like good more pop tarts and grease fired food for me :)

but really I think the dirty eaters just cant stand that we say clean eating it pisses them off, but really all we are saying is that we don't want to make 50 percent of our diet junk food maybe like 90 percent clean and once in a while treat our self's to some fried foods or all types of ingredients foods you cant once I n a long while LOL

Bwah? Who's diet is 50% 'junk' food?
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous that people are fighting this much over FOOD CHOICES. It isn't cancer treatment, the state of the union or serious social issues that are plaguing humanity. Be grateful you live in a place where you can eat what you want and argue over it. Some people struggle to eat ANYTHING on a daily basis.Seriously? Put down your doritos, celery or whatever & start caring about something that actually matters.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

yeah you would think the clean eaters would be more upset cause they cant have that junk food LOL if I was part of the dirty eater group I would be like good more pop tarts and grease fired food for me :)

but really I think the dirty eaters just cant stand that we say clean eating it pisses them off, but really all we are saying is that we don't want to make 50 percent of our diet junk food maybe like 90 percent clean and once in a while treat our self's to some fried foods or all types of ingredients foods you cant once I n a long while LOL

Most IIFYMers I know do 70/30, 80/20 and some even 90/10 at times. (the larger percentage being "clean" in case someone wasn't aware)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

but really I think the dirty eaters just cant stand that we say clean eating it pisses them off, but really all we are saying is that we don't want to make 50 percent of our diet junk food maybe like 90 percent clean and once in a while treat our self's to some fried foods or all types of ingredients foods you cant redaf once I n a long while LOL

What is a grease fired food?

And ummm, way to miss what most people who do not purport to eat clean actually eat.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous that people are fighting this much over FOOD CHOICES. It isn't cancer treatment, the state of the union or serious social issues that are plaguing humanity. Be grateful you live in a place where you can eat what you want and argue over it. Some people struggle to eat ANYTHING on a daily basis.Seriously? Put down your doritos, celery or whatever & start caring about something that actually matters.

This is an excellent post.

Can I admit I read it "state of the unicorn" though?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

What is a grease fired food?

Very very very dangerous. Very.

Do not attempt to put it out with water.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options

This is an excellent post.

Can I admit I read it "state of the unicorn" though?

Thank you. It was a good post. But state of the unicorn did make me laugh out loud.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    dont listen to the bs. men around 10% bf eat mostly clean! of course they treat themselves from time to time. but their cals are so restricted that they cant blow 800 cals on a mcdonalds. unless the are runners and they can eat whatever.

You haven't met SideSteel, have you...

Or Acg

or ChrisDavey

or actually, dozens of guys on my FL
    do they eat calorie dense foods all day or are they very tight on their diet which allows them to indulge
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    dont listen to the bs. men around 10% bf eat mostly clean! of course they treat themselves from time to time. but their cals are so restricted that they cant blow 800 cals on a mcdonalds. unless the are runners and they can eat whatever.

You haven't met SideSteel, have you...

Or Acg

or ChrisDavey

or actually, dozens of guys on my FL
    do they eat calorie dense foods all day or are they very tight on their diet which allows them to indulge

neither
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Most IIFYMers I know do 70/30, 80/20 and some even 90/10 at times. (the larger percentage being "clean" in case someone wasn't aware)

Yeah. I wish I could eat 50% 'junk' and still get anywhere near my protein and fat goal. I'm already kinda wishing I'd gone a bit easier on the potatoes today, and those aren't even 'junk'.

Then again they were white potatoes and white carbs are the devil. I think? Not sure if I understand the concept correctly.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

Yeah. I wish I could eat 50% 'junk' and still get anywhere near my protein and fat goal. I'm already kinda wishing I'd gone a bit easier on the potatoes today, and those aren't even 'junk'.

Then again they were white potatoes and white carbs are the devil. I think? Not sure if I understand the concept correctly.

I see foods that are grease fried foods, and all kinds of ingredients in them you cant read on the back as junk food , and to me that is dirty eating all other food is fine pretty much go back about 60,70 years how they ate then pretty much before food was starting to be manipulated with all kinds of added stuff
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Amen!