Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    LOL at the people calling IIFYM a fad. Because the basic principles of caloric deficits and proper nutrition via macronutrients is totally a fad. Totally. Also, everyone who espouses IIFYM only eats junk food all the time. Just shoveling those Big Macs down their greasy throats, followed by a cocktail of soda and blended Pop Tarts. Totally logical, guys. Try actually understanding the concept before you call it a fad or a junk food diet.

it is a fad you don't see it that popular except amongst a group of people like Atkins diet which was pretty popular for a while

But clean eating is not a fad? I can't imagine a more complex, difficult to follow, and expensive way of eating.

yeah it has been around since the begging of time the food you advocate has been around not that long pop tarts came out in 1985

What? What do pop tarts have to do with IIFYM?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    LOL at the people calling IIFYM a fad. Because the basic principles of caloric deficits and proper nutrition via macronutrients is totally a fad. Totally. Also, everyone who espouses IIFYM only eats junk food all the time. Just shoveling those Big Macs down their greasy throats, followed by a cocktail of soda and blended Pop Tarts. Totally logical, guys. Try actually understanding the concept before you call it a fad or a junk food diet.

it is a fad you don't see it that popular except amongst a group of people like Atkins diet which was pretty popular for a while

But clean eating is not a fad? I can't imagine a more complex, difficult to follow, and expensive way of eating.

yeah it has been around since the begging of time the food you advocate has been around not that long pop tarts came out in 1985

Pages and pages of clear descriptions of what I'm talking about and you're still confused about my advocating pop tarts? Okay. Thanks for playing.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

Pages and pages of clear descriptions of what I'm talking about and you're still confused about my advocating pop tarts? Okay. Thanks for playing.

great be on your way
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Apparently it is IYPTFYM :tongue:
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

W. The macros preached around here are a template, a cookie cutter method... They aren't tailored to individual needs. They aren't "proper nutrition" if we could even define "proper nutrition" I believe that currently we don't know what ideal intakes of macros, vitamins and minerals are for each individual. Just because you do IIFYM doesn't mean anything if your calories are out of wack.

As time progresses we will get closer to understanding optimal nutrition. Once that day hits, IIFYM will diminish making it a "has been" like all the other fad diets.

The macros preached around here are only a template if you use them without investigating what kind of macronutrients are recommended for your particular situation. Fortunately, I think that these forums tend to encourage that kind of research, so the hope is that not everyone is simply copying a standard template. There are no hard and fast rules, obviously, but with a little time and effort, one can generally find helpful scientific studies to guide them in the right direction. I still disagree that paying attention to caloric intake and attempting to get enough protein, fat, and carbs is a "fad." A fad implies that it is a passing popular approach, often with little or no scientific grounds. I don't think that IIFYM falls into that category at all, since it encourages each individual to explore, research, and find their own approach to healthy weight loss.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

You're so hung up on poptarts.

I do IIFYM. I don't eat poptarts. Poptarts are not connected to IIFYM
  • BeachIron
    Options

great be on your way

Oh by all means, start with the insults and snark. You don't seem to have much else to add.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

looks like it
  • BeachIron
    Options

:laugh:

Apparently, minor food jokes confuse some people. Fortunately, some people do get it and come around pretty quickly as has been very well demonstrated by the ETP group's success. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Apparently you cannot possibly be doing IIFYM if you do not eat pop tarts. It is a requisite of IIFYM didntcha know.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

great be on your way

Oh by all means, start with the insults and snark. You don't seem to have much else to add.
    not an insult don't be so sensitive you said thanks for playing I said great be on your way
  • BeachIron
    Options

great be on your way

not an insult don't be so sensitive you said thanks for playing I said great be on your way

lol
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

Apparently you cannot possibly be doing IIFYM if you do not eat pop tarts. It is a requisite of IIFYM didntcha know.

yes I do know go google it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

:laugh:

Apparently, minor food jokes confuse some people. Fortunately, some people do get it and come around pretty quickly as has been very well demonstrated by the ETP group's success. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

google what?

And I was not actually addressing you. *shrugs*
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That's okay, I'm too amazing to have my food choices labeled anyway.

/dramatic hair flip
    /glitter
    Oddly enough I don't have a gif that embodies this. I thought I had a reaction gif for everything, I think some of my favorites are actually in this thread.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

Classic failure to understand sarcasm. Made me laugh.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

I know what that lady was saying she is just at odds with her own iifym Croward
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

I know what that lady was saying she is just at odds with her own iifym coward

Except no, that's not what she was saying. She was being sarcastic in response to your misguided insistence that Pop Tarts are somehow inherently related to the principles of IIFYM.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Because I've been there done that and realised it's dumb and not how I wish to live the rest of my life.