So this happened..

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    schwich13 wrote: »
    Hate to say this... It won't make me popular by any means... The latest studies are showing that it appears that indeed, sugar is likely causative of diabetes. Stay tuned for more, I'll bet we'll all be eating those words ( sugar doesn't cause diabetes).

Link the studies that prove a causation

Not a correlation

And not rat studies, please. People are not rats.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I did read something about regular sugar beverage intake in overweight people increaseing risk TBH but didn't know the theory had any form of peer reviewed support yet
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Op, you need to relax. That kind of panicking over one occasion where you ate more than you meant to is unhealthy, and if you obsess over "control" you are setting yourself up to binge. None of us has perfect control around food or anything else, we are not meant to. Log it and move on.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You could still create a deficit for the day as that is only 1100 calories from chocolate.
  • Krislynell
    Krislynell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh Those are so good! I agree with the others. One day will not ruin you, so I hope you enjoyed those and move on. :smile:
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    I ate three pumpkin glazed donuts on saturday. 900 calories.

I know your pain- I just won't be buying those anymore
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    schwich13 wrote: »
    Hate to say this... It won't make me popular by any means... The latest studies are showing that it appears that indeed, sugar is likely causative of diabetes. Stay tuned for more, I'll bet we'll all be eating those words ( sugar doesn't cause diabetes).

Link the studies that prove a causation

Not a correlation

And not rat studies, please. People are not rats.

To be honest you can't actually do a realistic long term study on humans for ethics reasons. There are epidemiological style studies performed with humans or safety and efficacy trials for new drugs/vaccines but there is no way to practically study if eating X for 15 years increases your chance of Y in a laboratory setting in humans for what I hope are obvious reasons. So asking for a lab study in humans for something like "Does sugar cause diabeties" is unrealistic. Best one could do would be an epidemiological statistical analysis of data based on patient records.

Ugh. In all honesty I was pretty tired when I typed that. Thanks.
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Only an idiot conflates correlation with causation

To your point: http://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations