Options

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    November walking miles

Hey, anyone streakin' this year? I think I'm gonna try again.

@Elise4270 As in running down the road naked like Will Ferrell did in Old School? LOL

Of course!

But the Runner's World running challenge from Turkey day (US) to the new year's would also be accepted. :wink:

Yeah...got my Runner's World, and read about their version of "streaking." Lol!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think I'd wait for the summer streak if you're gonna streak while streaking :p

@Elise4270 I have actually been thinking about doing the RW streak :* I may be crazy even considering it.

What? No no no, It's 56°F out now at 8pm, plenty warm... Still 75-80+ for the high... Definitely do-able. Especially if I find a Santa hat. I just need an accomplice, or two. You my streakin' partner?

I dunno.....I have a Sheriff's Deputy that lives on my street :#

I have a Light Horse, (Chickasaw nation Popo). They sleep. :smiley:

Y'all gotta live a little. Do it in a bikini. Nude-ish running should be a thing. Just because some days, ya gotta say *kitten* it.

There's a nude bicycle ride in Washington state. Maybe I should put that on my training calendar.

Just Incase there are any takers. June 2017 https://pdxwnbr.org/
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I think I'd wait for the summer streak if you're gonna streak while streaking :p

@Elise4270 I have actually been thinking about doing the RW streak :* I may be crazy even considering it.

What? No no no, It's 56°F out now at 8pm, plenty warm... Still 75-80+ for the high... Definitely do-able. Especially if I find a Santa hat. I just need an accomplice, or two. You my streakin' partner?

Let the fun Begin.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I've walked to parkrun wearing a tutu, but that's as far as I've "streaked".
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    01 November – 10.3 km
    03 November – 10 km
    5 November – 5.1 km parkrun
    8 November – 7.3 km
    9 November – 3.1 km
    10 November – 11 km
    12 November – 7.6 km including parkrun
    13 November – 21.3 km in the rain
    15 November – 10.2 km

Goal: 200 km
    Total: 85.9 km

Musings: I got an iPhone 7 recently. On my iPhone 6, tracking a 10 km run on Strava would deplete the battery by 20%. Now, it's only by 8%.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've walked to parkrun wearing a tutu, but that's as far as I've "streaked".

That counts in my book!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello!

11/1: 7.4k
    11/3: 6.3k
    11/4: 6.1k
    11/5: 18k
    11/7: 10k
    11/8: 3k
    11:9: 2k
    11/10: 9.5k
    11/11: 2k
    11/12: 9.2k
    11/14: 3.2

Up until now: 76.7k
    Left: 63.3k

Races:
    11/27: Democritus Half Marathon
    12/18: Tour of Drama 10K

I wish to all runs free of injuries!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906 @shanaber

Beautiful sceneries!!!!!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 8.5 miles
    11/2: 6.7 miles
    11/3: 3.6 miles (am), 6 miles (pm)
    11/4: Rest
    11/5: 14 miles
    11/6: NYCM spectating!
    11/7: 3 miles
    11/8: 3 miles (am), 6 miles (pm)
    11/9: 4.5 miles
    11/10: 5.5 miles (am), no pm run
    11/11: 4.4 miles
    11/12: 10 miles
    11/13: 5.5 miles
    11/14: 3.3 miles
    11/15: Rest day finally!

Rest day, which is good because it's cold and rainy. After today, weather is going to be beautiful through Saturday... and then race day is looking like cold and wind and rain... just like my last marathon, except ~10 degrees colder :s Doing every weather dance in my repertoire to try to get that rain to move over to Monday!

exercise.png

Fall Race Season & Next Year:
    10/8: Coe College Homecoming 5k: 21:26
    10/16: Superhero Halloween Half Marathon: 1:42:24
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Goal: 3:30 or better)
    3/26/17: Philly Love Run HM
    5/14/17: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - beautiful pics!!! I want to run there too. And drink there.
    @azercord - So sorry about your toe. I agree with others - the big toe is quite important to running. You might be able to run, but your gait will change and you may injure something else.

@Getfita54 & @elise4270 - I am planning on the Holiday streak also. I did it last year. I live in Orlando and last winter we had no cool weather. It was in the 80s when I would set out to run - so annoying! I’m hoping this year it will be cooler! I had a minimum of 1 mile - and even after my long bike rides I would run at least 1 mile.

Here is my favorite annual article about the Holiday Streak: (Same one @getfita54 posted in the streak thread) http://www.runnersworld.com/newbie-chronicles/a-season-to-streak

I had an awesome run this morning. The weather was perfect, the sky was clear so saw the big moon. Although it didn't really seem any bigger than any other moon, but it was pretty. Got my five miles in and I just ran without a thought in the world. I need to get back to the speed training - but I’m just in this zone of run however I feel like it. F everything and just run!

11/1 - 4.3 miles
    11/2 - strength training
    11/3 - rest day
    11/4 - 4.5 miles + strength training
    11/5 - 34 miles biking
    11/6 - 9 miles
    11/7 - 3 miles
    11/8 - 4.1 miles
    11/9 - rest/mourning day
    11/10 - 5 miles
    11/11 - 4.1 miles + strength training
    11/12 - 4.1 miles
    11/13 - 51 miles biking
    11/14 - 4.1 miles
    11/15 - 5 miles

Upcoming races
    11/30/16 - I/ITSEC 5K
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    11/1- 6.05
    11/2- 6.13
    11/3- 6.01
    11/4- 6.12
    11/5- 10.25
    11/6- Rest
    11/7: 6.05
    11/8- 6.01
    11/9- 6.02
    11/10- 6.14
    11/11- 6.01
    11/12-11.01
    11/13- REST
    11/14- 6.02
    11/15- 6.06

Total: 87.88/150.

Today's notes: Ran a tempo run today, for the first time since September. Started with 5 minutes in z1, then 10 in z2 before hitting the throttle for 30 minutes at Tempo HR.

I felt REALLY good running at the harder pace. I ended up averaging 174bpm HR during the tempo portion, with a 8:15 average pace. Last time I did a tempo run, I was running 171bpm and 8:28 pace, so I'm not sure if I'm better, worse, or the same as before. I am running much higher mileage right now, so I went into the run more tired than the last time.

Here's the thing, I had to go VERY slow to get my HR back into z1 for the last 5 minutes of the run, like almost walking. That's how my HR is though, it basically jumps to 2 as soon as I start running. That said, I feel a lot better after that run than after yesterday's slow run. This run was flatter and faster, whereas yesterday's was more hill and much sower.

After the awesomeness that was today's run, I'm definitely looking at adding tempo runs back into the rotation, I feel way too good afterward to keep them away.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    November walking miles

Hey, anyone streakin' this year? I think I'm gonna try again.

@Elise4270 As in running down the road naked like Will Ferrell did in Old School? LOL

@BeeerRunner - Hahahaha! @Elise4270 - We will need pictures for proof of this!!

Possible.... I'm not promising a frontal selfies, maybe an over the shoulder rearie.

It's all fun and games until someone breaks out the newd running selfies.

• Stoshew71
    Options

Where's the fun in that? This is what my school used to do...

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/history/2015/02/09/archives-sheila-klinker-statehouse/23111849/

Nude Olympics' tradition upheld by Purdue students — Feb. 10, 1975

According to a five-year-old "tradition," the students in Cary Quadrangle at Purdue University hold a "Nude Olympics" on the coldest night of the year.

They goofed this year. At about 2 a.m. Saturday, about 30 Cary males took a naked trot around the tree-line inside quad. It was about 20 degrees outside.

If they'd waited until Sunday morning, they could have had sub-zero weather for the annual event.

"It's not an organized event," said Kurt Sacksteder, a senior and president of the housing unit. "It's a spontaneous thing. An attempt is made to have it on the coldest night of the year and someone decided it would happen Friday night."

He noted, "It doesn't take much to get it started."

Word apparently spread quickly, because freshmen pledges of several fraternities joined in, Sacksteder said. "Cars were pulling up and guys jumping out," he said.

The Cary participants could face disciplinary action from the dormitory management, he said.

James Burwell Cary manager, said the administrators know "snow of the individuals involved, although I can't say we know everyone." Each case will be reviewed, he said, before the hall management makes a decision. Students could be placed on hall probation, which is a step before expulsion from the dormitory.

Burwell said he didn't know if this is the first time disciplinary action is being considered for the "olympics" participants. Last year, the event received national publicity.

"I can see their point of view," Sacksteder said. "They want to discourage it. This is the only publicity Cary Quad receives. We spent a couple of thousand dollars on a Christmas party for poor kids this year and we didn't see that in print."

• Elise4270
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The shirt is 35$. Ouch. Be a good one to put "embrace the suck" on. Oh wait... That may be misconstrued... Well, "mfp running challenge" then.

Screenshot_20161115-081744_zpstmcec22r.png

I figured I make an attempt to run today. I didn't sleep hardly, Thanks age/hormones? I still might make a go. My rear feels like it's working and I anticipate in 6 months having a great running butt. I wanna swim and I wanna bike but figure running is still probably my best choice to work on regaining cardiovascular endurance and strengthening muscles or reminding them to fire..

Nosey midmonth question game (instead of end of month question).

Whats on the table for Thanksgiving? Sorry UKers - What's your favorite Holliday food?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @Stoshew71 that's awesome! Haha! That my friends is the epitome of freedom!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    The shirt is 35$. Ouch. Be a good one to put "embrace the suck" on. Oh wait... That may be misconstrued... Well, "mfp running challenge" then.

I figured I make an attempt to run today. I didn't sleep hardly, Thanks age/hormones? I still might make a go. My rear feels like it's working and I anticipate in 6 months having a great running butt. I wanna swim and I wanna bike but figure running is still probably my best choice to work on regaining cardiovascular endurance and strengthening muscles or reminding them to fire..

Whats on the table for Thanksgiving? Sorry UKers - What's your favorite Holliday food?

uhhh.... let's not talk about "embracing the suck" after we start talking about naked runs, ok people? I like to keep this thread suitable for family viewers? :lol:

• Elise4270
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

uhhh.... let's not talk about "embracing the suck" after we start talking about naked runs, ok people? I like to keep this thread suitable for family viewers? :lol:

Agreed. Now you could do that with the runners high hoodie and not be taken for a weirdo.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    So is there enough interest to do a hoodie? If so, who wants to be the central collector and shipper?