30 Day Shred July 5th

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I need in on this one ~ I tried P90 (regular - not X) - did not stick with the challenge - but I did like the routine. I think 30 Day shred will be more doable - 20 minutes, right? I've done this challenge before and the motivation I got from the thread was just what I needed. I didn't lose much weight but my body composition changed dramatically and I was really happy and strong!
    I quit smoking 3 mos ago and picked up 20 lbs and am really disappointed with myself:grumble: - hopefully with help from you guys I will get my mojo back - I will try to be a help to you all as well and looking forward to getting to know you all. I will be exercising after work.
    Starting weight today 190 ~ here we go!!
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I need in on this one ~ I tried P90 (regular - not X) - did not stick with the challenge - but I did like the routine. I think 30 Day shred will be more doable - 20 minutes, right? I've done this challenge before and the motivation I got from the thread was just what I needed. I didn't lose much weight but my body composition changed dramatically and I was really happy and strong!
    I quit smoking 3 mos ago and picked up 20 lbs and am really disappointed with myself:grumble: - hopefully with help from you guys I will get my mojo back - I will try to be a help to you all as well and looking forward to getting to know you all. I will be exercising after work.
    Starting weight today 190 ~ here we go!!

Welcome! And congrats on quitting smoking!!! July 23rd will be 2 years without smoking for me! I gained 50 pounds. :| UGH I know the feeling!
    Let's kick some booty!!! Here's to getting your mojo back!!!! :drinker:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OK, I just finished my first day....it was tough. I am carrying around A LOT of extra weight, and I have knee issues, so I modified many of the moves. I still worked up a sweat! It was tons of fun! Best of luck to everyone!
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh emm gee!!! Jillian totally kicked my butt. Just finished day 1 and still panting. Lol. Now as opposed to last time my arms are like jello. I'm glad I stuck to it and finished.
    What gets me is that my cat was totally staring at me like I was crazy. Maybe I should make him exercise too!! He is slightly overweight. Lol.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    alright ladies..i shredded today and it felt great..even did 20 minutes of yoga afterwards!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Shredders,
    got L1D1 in the bag and it felt great!!!. anterior raises w/ the side lunges had me screamin at the dvd player but i still did it; Hurray for us!!!!.
    I don't remember it hurting so much the last time but maybe need to go back and read my other posts!!!
    Woke up this am with a terrific heel spur!! ouch !!! I used proper shoes - i used to wear the tone ups (sketchers) now I'm using Ryka running shoes for this and for my "wogging". Felt like I was stepping on a knife or something, just horrible. The pain has lessened as I've been walking but this needs to go away and soon!
    Help - any suggestions on shoes , inserts , or remedies would be appreciated.

Have a great day everyone,
    Janet
  • susanleasings
    Options
    OK, I just finished my first day....it was tough. I am carrying around A LOT of extra weight, and I have knee issues, so I modified many of the moves. I still worked up a sweat! It was tons of fun! Best of luck to everyone!

YOU DID IT!!!! :happy:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    L1D2? CHECK!
    Seemed a little easier this morning........a little! ;)
    Nice work ladies!!!!
    Dragonfly - I hope your tootsies are feeling better! ;)
  • susanleasings
    Options
    alright ladies..i shredded today and it felt great..even did 20 minutes of yoga afterwards!

Go Liz!!!
  • charmwhite
    charmwhite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think I need to find a copy of this shred DVD! Sounds like a great workout and community activity :)
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I think I need to find a copy of this shred DVD! Sounds like a great workout and community activity :)

DEWIT!!! :) I got my copy at Wal-Mart for $9. Pick it up today and join us, Charm! :)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I actually started on Sunday, 7/4, so Monday, 7/5, was day 2 for me. But I'm on Level 1. Last night I totally could have talked myself out of it, but I persevered. So glad I did.

Hi, Dragonfly!! I remember you from the other 30DS challenge! Sorry about your foot - hope it feels better soon!

Thanks for setting up this challenge. Last time I did 30DS, I wasn't consistent, only did it like twice a week. This time, I'm really going to try to do it everyday. I have a month until our vacation - no time like the present to tone up so I'll be looking good in a bathing suit!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I'm so in! I actually started on Sunday, 7/4, so Monday, 7/5, was day 2 for me. But I'm on Level 1. Last night I totally could have talked myself out of it, but I persevered. So glad I did.

Hi, Dragonfly!! I remember you from the other 30DS challenge! Sorry about your foot - hope it feels better soon!

Thanks for setting up this challenge. Last time I did 30DS, I wasn't consistent, only did it like twice a week. This time, I'm really going to try to do it everyday. I have a month until our vacation - no time like the present to tone up so I'll be looking good in a bathing suit!

Welcome Kath! So glad you'll be joining us! Let's get shredded and swimsuit ready!
    I am glad I started this challenge too!!! It has REALLY made me get my butt up and do it! Nothing like accountability to make you do your workout! :) Thanks everyone!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, count me in. I started today, so I will go to August 6.

I'm doing Turbo Jam (20 - 40 minutes while I build my strength) followed by 20 minutes of Yoga.

Day 1 DONE! (off to do the yoga now)
  • lolyno
    lolyno Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I will have to start tomorrow am if thats OK??????
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all. I just rejoined MFP after being away for a long time. I am not sure what time of the day I will normally work out but I will begin tonight!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done!!! :drinker: I managed to squeeze it in after dinner, but before the kids went to bed. Much better than doing my workout at 9:00 at night! Now, I have the rest of the evening to relax. :yawn:

It was especially cute to see my 7 year old trying to keep up with circuit 3! :happy:
  • susanleasings
    Options

I'm doing Turbo Jam (20 - 40 minutes while I build my strength) followed by 20 minutes of Yoga.

• susanleasings
    Options

Join us!!! :)
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done!!! :drinker: I managed to squeeze it in after dinner, but before the kids went to bed. Much better than doing my workout at 9:00 at night! Now, I have the rest of the evening to relax. :yawn:

It was especially cute to see my 7 year old trying to keep up with circuit 3! :happy:

So cute!
    Way to go!!!