30 Day Shred July 5th

Options

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I never realized how many calories mowing the yard burned.OMG I am tired. I usually do half anf the husband does half but I did it all today just for the calorie burn. Now I get to go to the other house tomorrow and mow over there. Oh, Yeah. Add the shred to it and that = a very long day and one tired woman. LOL

It was soooo worth it though, huh!?!? :bigsmile:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I went to RockinAmerica last night and then to the after party........I should be in bed! I KNOW that I won't work out this evening though because I am going right back to listen to more live music at the Zoo Amphitheatre!!!
    MUST PUSH THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I went to RockinAmerica last night and then to the after party........I should be in bed! I KNOW that I won't work out this evening though because I am going right back to listen to more live music at the Zoo Amphitheatre!!!

I DID IT!!!! :drinker:
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I DID IT!!!! :drinker:

You keep me going girl!!! Thanks for staying committed and keeping me motivated!!! :flowerforyou:

I actually got thru ALL of the plank janks today without switching to the modified versions!!!!! :noway: :laugh:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    NICE!!!! I totally went to my knees for 5 seconds! 4 hours of sleep did not provide me with the UMPH I generally have in the AM!

MFP has been a God-send for sure! I feel blessed to have lovely people like yourself rooting me on every day! It is so powerful!!! YOU keep ME going!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I ran out of steam last night. By 8:50 p.m., I was beat, but hadn't Shredded yet. :sad: So I did a little Wii Fit instead. And this weekend will be difficult - we have family coming to our house for a visit. I'm trying to figure out how I will squeeze in my Shred. Hopefully, once tonight, and then maybe once on Sat. or Sun.... wish me luck!!

shellgib - way to go on the plank jacks!! I'm actually at the point where I don't completely hate them! :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Good luck!!! You'll find a way!!! I've seen how dedicated you are!!!! :bigsmile:
    You have a great weekend as well!!! Inspire those family members to work out with you!! :tongue:

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SilverRoxy
    SilverRoxy Posts: 64
    Options
    So as I said,, I started the Shred this week. But my arms were SO sore, I haven't done it every day. Any advice...motivation? Oh....and what lb. weight were you all using? Thanks!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    So as I said,, I started the Shred this week. But my arms were SO sore, I haven't done it every day. Any advice...motivation? Oh....and what lb. weight were you all using? Thanks!
    Advice - Stretch out more than Jillian stretches you! Take another 5-10 minutes doing good static stretches on your arms, legs, and abs to avoid soreness....PLUS it gets easier every day!
    Motivation - Kick some butt!!! The more you do this the better you get at it! Every day is a challenge - BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :bigsmile:
    Weights - I started with 3 LBS weights......may buy some 5 LB weights soon. :happy:
  • SilverRoxy
    SilverRoxy Posts: 64
    Options
    Yeah....I think that's my problem. I only have 5 and its too much with moves Jillian does. My shopping list for the weekend is 3 lb weights and a heart rate monitor. I just cant get myself out of bed to do this in the morning but as soon as I get home today, I'm putting the sneakers on and doing this! (Then I might take a long nap. LOL!) I'll try more stretching and lower weights for a bit. I seriously couldn't lift my arms the other day...haha.
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at Walmart I picked up Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I tried it this morning for a change of pace. It's a great workout. I think I will alternate between the shred and yoga.
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did day one of level 2 today and dang that is way more intense. I was almost in tears by the end of it. But I stuck with it and got through it. It was rough. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier. Can't wait to step on the scales sunday. and measure again. Please let me see a little bit of shredding on my own body, dear god please!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 5 lb weights are really intense. Last time I did the Shred, I used 3 lbs. This time, I'm using 5 lb weights - they are killer, but I'm determined to keep going. I'd rather do 20 seconds with 5 lb then take a break instead of going back to 3 lb. I guess I'm making progress, it's not so bad now. I'm able to do more and more of each circuit. I'm on Level 2, Day 5, so I guess I'm about 1/2 way through.

I managed to do it tonight - yay! Felt awesome, lots of energy, flexible. It's working!!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My shred for the day is done. L2D2. My arms feel like jell-o.Its pittiful. But I got through another day. I use 4 lb weights. Ilb hand gloves that are 1 lb a piece and my 3 lb weights. So even for the cardio, and abs I always have my hand weight gloves on. I used them all through L1 also. I hope that being used to them it will be easier to add weights when I am ready?! We are headed to the lake for the day. Everyone have a great day and I will check in with everyone this evening.
  • shellgib
    Options
    okay, so I'm feeling a little wimpy in the arms..:ohwell: ..I only use 3 lb weights but have YET to be able to hod them thru the squats with V-raises on level 2! I can make it through all the other sets, but on the second set V-raises I have to set my weights down to continue with good form.
  • Shylin
    Options
    Did L3D5 today. It always feel so nice after finishing it.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    okay, so I'm feeling a little wimpy in the arms..:ohwell: ..I only use 3 lb weights but have YET to be able to hod them thru the squats with V-raises on level 2! I can make it through all the other sets, but on the second set V-raises I have to set my weights down to continue with good form.

I can't lift them to eye level yet........its all good! :) At least you are workin it!!!! :drinker:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Did L3D5 today. It always feel so nice after finishing it.

I've got 1 more week on level 2......how is level 3???????
  • Shylin
    Options
    Level 3 isn't too bad. Actually though I do have to do modified versions on some of the exercises. In some regards I almost think level 2 is a little tougher!
  • shellgib
    Options
    so....i snuck :wink: in a body measurement today even though i was going to wait until the 1st of the month like i normally do...and found out that since starting the Shred I have lost an inch from my chest, an inch from my waist, and an inch from my thigh!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: So totally worth the butt kicking everyday!!!! Can't wait till I measure again on the real check-in day, lol!