• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Will be joining ya tomorrow! :D

Woo Hoo!!!! Welcome!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok, so yesterday was my first day of the shred. I finished the whole thing and felt awesome. Here's the thing...I wake up this morning and the top of my thighs are on fire. My legs are truly killing me. I know i have to work through the pain and it will get better blah blah blah but wow I am totally in some major pain today.

I was the same way! I promise it gets better even quicker than you'd think! Still a hard workout after 5 days.....but no more soreness!

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't get to do my work out yesterday because I was in bed sick all day. Not too often but everyonce and a while I get killer migrains. It's worse on me than when I get the flu. But I am back today and ready to go. Still some soreness but ready to work it all out. Hope you are having a great day.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Great day indeed! I took my girls to see Eclipse....loved it! :)
    Tomorrow I will do day 6 at level 1! Looking forward to it!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ok, so yesterday was my first day of the shred. I finished the whole thing and felt awesome. Here's the thing...I wake up this morning and the top of my thighs are on fire. My legs are truly killing me. I know i have to work through the pain and it will get better blah blah blah but wow I am totally in some major pain today.

I was the same way! I promise it gets better even quicker than you'd think! Still a hard workout after 5 days.....but no more soreness!

I also started stretching A LOT longer at the end and doing my normal stretching/cool-down routine, and I think that helps too!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea about doing extra stretching afterward!

I did L1 D6 on Saturday. I think my stamina is finally improving. The jumping jacks didn't kill me! :bigsmile: On to day 7 tonight... I can see the light at the end of the Level 1 tunnel... Yay!
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did day 5 today and I can definitely see my stamina improving. Didn't think I'd be able to keep up but I'm doing it.. Gooooo me!! Lol. I should say Gooooooooo US for sticking it out. Can't wait for the day that the jumping jacks and side lunges don't kill me. When I cando those and not feel like throwing my weights at the tv I'll know I'm good. Lol.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Ok so I did day 5 today and I can definitely see my stamina improving. Didn't think I'd be able to keep up but I'm doing it.. Gooooo me!! Lol. I should say Gooooooooo US for sticking it out. Can't wait for the day that the jumping jacks and side lunges don't kill me. When I cando those and not feel like throwing my weights at the tv I'll know I'm good. Lol.

Your Honesty is refreshing. I thought I was the only one who ever thought about throwing weights at the tv. The only thing that really stopped me is one of the kids said" DON'T! BRIAN WOULD KILL YOU." Brian is my husband and there step dad. the tv is one of the new big flat screen things and it is his baby! LOL
    While I still look like I am pregnant with a baby about 6 months along. LOL Almost a year after having our son. But I am working my way up into having more stamina.
  • shellgib
    Options
    whew! day 6 done. I did level 2 again tonite and almost fell out! but it felt good in the end!

way to go girls! keep it up!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    We did it girls!!!! On to tomorrow when we will kick even more butt!!!!! G'nite!
  • Kath712
    Options
    Bumping to page one... :bigsmile:

L1 D7 last night... getting there... the end of L1 is in sight! :drinker:
  • MamaJess
    Options

I am only on day 4 of level 1 on the shred. I am doing each level for 10days. Anyone have any better ideas on how to do the shred as far as how long to do each level.
  • shellgib
    Options
    anybody else thinking that "Natalie" would rather be doing the modified versions instead of the advanced ones? :laugh:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    anybody else thinking that "Natalie" would rather be doing the modified versions instead of the advanced ones? :laugh:

She totally cheats on 2 of the lunges when she thinks the camera is on Whitney!!!! LOL
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just Checking in to cheer you all on - really wish I could do shred with you all but it totally put my foot out of commission - plantar facilitis. I did get the heel cups, which I tried yesterday - still sore in the am but not as much. At least i could walk without a limp. I am doing workouts that have a lot less jumping around. Maybe will give it another try when I drop 20 lbs and am not putting so much pressure on heel and knees....
    You all rock and continue to inspire me!! I am going to switch over to the Kettlebell thread and the 360 min /week challenge thread to keep me accountable since i'm out of commish for shred.

Will be cheering you all on from the sidelines and as my former shred partner used to say ..........

May the planks be with you :wink:

Janet:heart:
  • Kath712
    Options

I am only on day 4 of level 1 on the shred. I am doing each level for 10days. Anyone have any better ideas on how to do the shred as far as how long to do each level.

Hi - I'm doing 10 times at each level. So far, I have missed two days, so I'm counting the workouts, not the days of the week. It's dragging a bit, but I'm looking forward to finishing each level.
  • adams068
    adams068 Posts: 3
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred and how come everyone else seems to know what this is? It seems very interesting....?
  • susanleasings
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred and how come everyone else seems to know what this is? It seems very interesting....?

30 Day Shred is a workout video that Jillian (from the Biggest Loser and Losing it with Jillian) developed. It has three 20-minute workouts consisting of 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.....no breaks in between moves! It is a butt kicking workout that you can find online or even at Walmart! O got my copy at Walmart for $9!
    Join us! :)
  • shellgib
    Options

She totally cheats on 2 of the lunges when she thinks the camera is on Whitney!!!! LOL

And she is always standing up a little bit on her squats too! cracks me up :laugh: and makes me feel better about myself for sticking it out!
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey guys, ot logged on a couple of days but thought I'd update you with my progress.

I've not missed a day and decided to make the switch to level 2 on day 7.
    I'm finding day 2 tough on the upper body, man your shoulders burn at times!!!

And Natalie has a wee cheat on level 2 aswell haha. Jillian notices aswell, it's quite funny!