30 Day Shred July 5th

Options

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    anybody else thinking that "Natalie" would rather be doing the modified versions instead of the advanced ones? :laugh:

She totally cheats on 2 of the lunges when she thinks the camera is on Whitney!!!! LOL

And she is always standing up a little bit on her squats too! cracks me up :laugh: and makes me feel better about myself for sticking it out!

Makes me feel human! :tongue:
    And it was Anita....not Whitney. :blushing:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Hey guys, ot logged on a couple of days but thought I'd update you with my progress.

I've not missed a day and decided to make the switch to level 2 on day 7.
    I'm finding day 2 tough on the upper body, man your shoulders burn at times!!!

And Natalie has a wee cheat on level 2 aswell haha. Jillian notices aswell, it's quite funny!

I start Monday....is it as hard on the legs as level1?
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey guys, ot logged on a couple of days but thought I'd update you with my progress.

And Natalie has a wee cheat on level 2 aswell haha. Jillian notices aswell, it's quite funny!

I dont think it's near as tough on the legs, but then I think my legs are stronger already.

Shoulders are the one area that really burns on level 2, a lot of the strength work on them, plus the plank jacks/squat thrusts in the cardio section put static pressure on them.

I'm generally quite weak in the upper body though, so might be finding it tougher than most.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I dont think it's near as tough on the legs, but then I think my legs are stronger already.

Shoulders are the one area that really burns on level 2, a lot of the strength work on them, plus the plank jacks/squat thrusts in the cardio section put static pressure on them.

I'm generally quite weak in the upper body though, so might be finding it tougher than most.

yeah, definitely feel the burn in the shoulders on level 2! :explode:
    are you able to do the true versions of the plank jacks and squat thrusts? i have only been able to get a few good ones in, then I switch to the modified versions. Can't imagine a time that I'll be doing them all, but I hope I improve!
  • NinaMyers
    Options

yeah, definitely feel the burn in the shoulders on level 2! :explode:
    are you able to do the true versions of the plank jacks and squat thrusts? i have only been able to get a few good ones in, then I switch to the modified versions. Can't imagine a time that I'll be doing them all, but I hope I improve!

I've modded them slightly differently.
    I have my hands on a chair so I'm not right down on the ground, it really helps wqith the pressure on the shoulders. I do manage to do Natalies leg movements that way.

I'm hoping that I'll see a big improvement in my upper body and really hope to be doing the squat thrusts and plank jacks properly soon.
    I noticed an improvement quite quickly on level 1, so hopefully it'll be the same for level 2 for me.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    L1D9 done! Whew!
    Only 1 more day at level 1 for me! You girls are making me a little nervous about level 2! :wink: I start next week on Monday! Wish me luck......and strength! :noway:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi -
    Looking forward to Level 2 (I think). I'm about done with Level 1. Plus, I looked at the calendar and realized I have three weeks before I go on vacation. I'd like to do Level 2 and Level 3 in that time period, so I'd better get going on Level 2. I think my shoulders are hurting at just the thought of it.... :noway:

Just for something different last night, I did Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. OMG - that is no joke! (as Jillian would say). Holy crap. It was supposed to be an easy night of yoga to give my legs a break. Yeah, not so much. WOW. OK, back to the Shred tonight!

Have a good day everyone!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love wal mart. I got my 30 DS there for $9 and yesterday I got Jillians no more trouble zones for $5.They have the best deals. I am doing the shred 2 times today. Once on my own and once with a friend this afternoon.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love wal mart. I got my 30 DS there for $9 and yesterday I got Jillians no more trouble zones for $5.They have the best deals. I am doing the shred 2 times today. Once on my own and once with a friend this afternoon.

You are very brave!:noway: doing the shred 2 x's in one day! :drinker:

I did level 2 today which was the first time i did level 2 on consecutive days (have been alternating L1/L2 for a few days) and boy do I feel it :wink:
  • susanleasings
    Options

You are very brave!:noway: doing the shred 2 x's in one day! :drinker:

I did level 2 today which was the first time i did level 2 on consecutive days (have been alternating L1/L2 for a few days) and boy do I feel it :wink:

Go on witcha bad'self!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
  • NinaMyers
    Options
    I missed my shred last night, was really busy when I got in from work, feeling bad about it, would have been day 11 (not taken a day off from the shred yet)

Might do levels 1 AND 2 tonight to punish myself........ I'm feeling sore at the thought!!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I finished level 1 today! Yay!!!!!
    I must admit that I am nervous about next week! The plank jacks are very intimidating.
  • Kath712
    Options
    Did Level 2 last night, not too bad. Although I did it in our office upstairs, and the room was hot with no fan. I was sweating buckets! :noway: Tomorrow, I'll be doing it in the living room downstairs where it's cool.

I did o.k. on the planks. I like the cardio better in Level 2, was really getting bored with jumping jacks.

No Shred tonight - going out with the hubby for our anniversary! :drinker: :drinker: Happy Friday everyone!
  • nannweeks
    nannweeks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I know I'm late on joining...but I started with 30DS on July 3. I've not been real consistent with working out daily (last week, I missed 2 days, and this week was VERY bad...I got a workout in yesterday morning, and plan on getting one in tonight).

I am on day 2 of Level 2. Level 2 is much more difficult for me...it is a killer on the shoulders!! But, I love the challenge!!

I hope it's ok that I join this thread! You are all so great on giving feedback and providing support!! :smile:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Did Level 2 last night, not too bad. Although I did it in our office upstairs, and the room was hot with no fan. I was sweating buckets! :noway: Tomorrow, I'll be doing it in the living room downstairs where it's cool.

I did o.k. on the planks. I like the cardio better in Level 2, was really getting bored with jumping jacks.

No Shred tonight - going out with the hubby for our anniversary! :drinker: :drinker: Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Anniversary!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I know I'm late on joining...but I started with 30DS on July 3. I've not been real consistent with working out daily (last week, I missed 2 days, and this week was VERY bad...I got a workout in yesterday morning, and plan on getting one in tonight).

I am on day 2 of Level 2. Level 2 is much more difficult for me...it is a killer on the shoulders!! But, I love the challenge!!

I hope it's ok that I join this thread! You are all so great on giving feedback and providing support!! :smile:

Please oh please join us! :tongue:
    This is definitely a great place to find support! Welcome!! :drinker:
  • nannweeks
    nannweeks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 3 of Level 2 last night, and will wrap up Day 4 with Level 2 here shortly. My abs were sore this morning...wow!! I went for a nice brisk walk with my daughter and husband this morning as well!! Great start to the weekend so far!! :smile:

Have a great day, everyone!!
  • Kath712
    Options
    I thought I wouldn't have time to Shred today, but I found an extra hour. Woo hoo!! :drinker: :drinker: Just did Level 2, Day 2. LOVE IT! I gotta say I'm enjoying Level 2 way more than Level 1.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I thought I wouldn't have time to Shred today, but I found an extra hour. Woo hoo!! :drinker: :drinker: Just did Level 2, Day 2. LOVE IT! I gotta say I'm enjoying Level 2 way more than Level 1.

I love hearing that!!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I am down to 191!! Woo hoo!!!! :drinker: