Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Should your S.O./Spouse have a say so if they feel you are too thin or too large?

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Definitely been some unsavoury comments been said re larger people. You will have to read back

I'm interested... but with 27 pages in this thread, can you help me narrow the search? Are we talking half way back? early on? 2 days ago?

Not trying to put you on the spot/make you call out names...

Spotlight has named some just now but and if you go back a few pages there was a quick summary

OK, since those are right here, let's start there.

I don't find fat people sexually attractive.

Is that fat shaming? I don't think it is. It's a preference... I'm not condemning who they are as a person, I'm just saying I'm less apt to want to have sex with them, everything else being equal.

If someone said they didn't find bald people attractive, I wouldn't be offended. It's not a judgement on who I am, it's a judgement on my hairline, which I'm well aware of, and they have every right to have that opinion.

The smell thing... I'm not even sure what to make of that.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Definitely been some unsavoury comments been said re larger people. You will have to read back

I'm interested... but with 27 pages in this thread, can you help me narrow the search? Are we talking half way back? early on? 2 days ago?

Spotlight has named some just now but and if you go back a few pages there was a quick summary

Is that fat shaming? I don't think it is. It's a preference... I'm not condemning who they are as a person, I'm just saying I'm less apt to want to have sex with them, everything else being equal.

If someone said they didn't find bald people attractive, I wouldn't be offended. It's not a judgement on who I am, it's a judgement on my hairline, which I'm well aware of, and they have every right to have that opinion.

Preference and experience
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options

you still haven't explained what's unsavory about them?
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

I brought up fat shaming because that is a real thing and it makes it difficult for an obese person to want to go out in public, work out in a gym or do other physical activities. Most of the time an obese person is already unhappy with the way that they look and have to deal with that 24/7 from their own perspective and then have to hear it or get the stares, etc. adds another layer to it.

• heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

It's no more fat shaming than it is to say you're not attracted to $gender is sexist or $race as racist. If you look at someone and get turned on by what you see, it's an involuntary physical response.

There are plenty of people who aren't attracted to me because of some characteristic or another that turns them off. They're not shaming or insulting me because of it. Maybe they like really short people, and I'm too tall for them. It doesn't offend me.

Folds and rolls trap sweat and bacteria which can cause increased odor.
  • Therealobi1
    edited April 2017
    Options

Which one all large people are unattractive or that all large people smell
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

I brought up fat shaming because that is a real thing and it makes it difficult for an obese person to want to go out in public, work out in a gym or do other physical activities. Most of the time an obese person is already unhappy with the way that they look and have to deal with that 24/7 from their own perspective and then have to hear it or get the stares, etc. adds another layer to it.

I get that, and I'm not trying to take away from that.

But the flip side is that there are going to be *kitten* everywhere. That doesn't mean they are the majority. Most people aren't giving you a second thought. But if you assume people are judging you, then that's on you. Are some of them? Probably. Are all of them? Definitely not. If you're going to let the minority of people impact your daily life, then that's something you need to work on because it's not realistic to hope everyone is going to awesome all the time. People suck. But not as much as you think they do.

I guess I continue to not understand what the problem is. I should probably just back out of this conversation.
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

will it make you happy if the posters lied and said *some* occasional large person breaks the mold and I somehow find them irresistibly charming?
  • SpotLighttt
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

wtf, now we cant look around because it can offend a larger person?
  • SpotLighttt
    Options
    Im sure theres plenty of people that dont find me attractive due to my dark hair/race/size in general.

Shall I consider them discriminators and get insecure about it?
  • Therealobi1
    Options

will it make you happy if the posters lied and said *some* occasional large person breaks the mold and I somehow find them irresistibly charming?

See that's good. Sometimes people can break the rules for the right person regardless of feature
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Im sure theres plenty of people that dont find me attractive due to my dark hair/race/size in general.

Discriminators yes insecure no
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

Oh gawd, you will definitely hate me now because I have lots of preferences.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

I don't hate you. It's really not that important
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

I don't hate you. It's really not that important

yeah I know - I didn't mean it literally.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

See that's good. Sometimes people can break the rules for the right person regardless of feature

Some people do. Some don't. I don't, and I don't lie about it.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Some people do. Some don't. I don't, and I don't lie about it.

Who said you did