WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all my dear friends here that are mothers. And Happy Day to all the rest. You guys are the best and I love having you in my life.

Janet#2, how sweet of your kids. Did both flowers come at once? Bet your house smells wonderful.

Katla, your riding lesson sounds like fun. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Kate, I hope your stay with your DD is less stressful than you expect. You are good to go when you aren’t looking forward to it. (((Hugs)))

DD and DH took me out to brunch. We had a great time together and it’s a beautiful day. DD gave me a lovely card that she got in Oregon before she started home. I’m so enjoying having her here!

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kate- Happy Birthday! Have a fun day celebrating!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-16X10X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    30 push-ups

May Move Your *kitten* Challenge
    I took a mile walk today. It is beautiful outside I may take an evening one as well!

Move More Sit Less Challenge
    I am still working on my garage sale! Daughter dropped off her stuff!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th
    Day 22/28 this is the first day of the last week of the challenge! I am focusing on finishing strong!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    welcme jddavis2015. I go to the gym just for me, I don't look at anyone else and guess what, nobody is looking at me! Not a fan of group classes but love the machines and how much better I feel when I move, sedentary is a dangerous place for me. Keep checking in and let us know a little more about you, general area you're from and what you like to be called. Reading posts has helped me stay accountable, very very supportive group here. NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I love the family photo on the patio. You look fabulous! :heart:

Joyce: Mother's Day is tough. I've talked to both of my kids on the phone and am grateful for it. They live thousands of miles away, and I'm not grateful about the physical distance. My daughter is stuck at home today babysitting her own children and the youngest daughter of her brother-in-law who died. When my mom was alive I had her come for Mother's Day and cooked a special meal for her. Sometimes my Auntie came too. I never moved father than driving distance away from my parents because they needed me. My parents didn't ask for this, but they needed it and I knew it. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for myself that my kids are so far away. Self-pity is not pretty or fun so I try to stuff down negativity and look for blessings. So far, I've always found many blessings to help me through. :heart:

My husband & I went to a local Chinese Restaurant for lunch. The food was delicious and we brought home leftovers. We drove to a nursery in a neighboring town to look for a particular fuchsia that DH wants, but they didn't have any on display. They said they'd have some brought up from the greenhouse in a couple of hours, but they're a random assortment and there is not any way to tell whether the one he wants is among them other than looking at them ourselves. We didn't wait.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla, I think a lot of it was, and is self pity. Going to church I knew at least the church gave out flowers to all the Mothers. But the person that usually does it was out of town and therefore no one else took over. So although the service was good, I didn't get my flower. Michelle, did get me some chocolate. The meal, for some of us, was great. everyone ordered steak except for me. I kind of ate good. I ordered chicken breast but it was smothered with bacon, real bacon, mushroom, bbq sauce and cheese. Really tasted good. Several of the family said they wished they had ordered what I had. Discussion stayed away from politics until Charlie started it. No one answered him in anything and he stopped.

So I have heard from both my girls. Christina put a post on FB of a silly picture of us and saying how much ome people love their Moms but she also likes me a whole lot.

Have a good day ladies.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Janet#1 one of the f lowers came Friday and one yesterday. The one one yesterday gave us all quite a chuckle. The attached card had my name on it but the card in side read "Thank you for all you do for us. We love you." Followed by names of seven strangers. I messaged my daughters copying the card asking if it was from one of them. I knew they were from the oldest in Denver. She thot I was teasing her, asked if it really said that, I told her yes. She had me send a picture of the flowers to see if they were what she had ordered, they were. She was going to call the florist.

I was Mom and Dad to the girls all of their growing up years, now that they have families of their own they can really appreciate that. They do go the extra mile to let me know that I am loved and appreciated. We are all three very close tho we live far apart. We three way chat every day. I love it. <3

Janetr okc
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Over my calories today - tomorrow will be better
    Hugs everyone
    Paula Y.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary, I can't believe they are a year old already. Cuties. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Heather you looked very cool, calm and collected at the party. As always, you look gorgeous. The grandkids are all so cute and growing so quickly. Thanks for sharing with us.

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mary Oh my gosh Haylee and Victoria are so adorable! One year old...time flies!

Lanette Yep I think that photo was taken around 1950 or 1951...

Karen in Virginia
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Glass Studio Day!!!! Must stop searing my fingers.

Mia in MI