WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my DH, DS and DdIL went to a cattle auction. The place was 2 and a half hours away. Very nice place and a Hugh brunch. The funny story was they were selling female black angus and celebrating Morhers Day. The announcer ask for the oldest female in attendance to raise their hand. I looked around and nobody had a hand up so I raised mine. He ask how told and I told him 77 then he brought me a flower arrangement. A lady came over and took my picture and said "you look good!"
    Leaving tomorrow for Denver and DGS high school graduation. So excited that I will get to meet Rori for breakfast!!!
    Barbie - (((hugs))) no words to express how I feel
    For you right now. One day at a time is a good plan for now.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to All

Sue ~ Good photo of you holding the flowers.

Barbie ~ Getting a card from your pups was sweet.

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day dear friends. Pray you have a good day and enjoy getting pampered. I am working 6-4:30 today then going over to our oldest son's for cook out. Going to be in the high 80's and low 90's the next couple days. Since I am off tomorrow want to work on cleaning all the sticks and stuff out of my rock garden.

Yesterday was not a good day food wise. Seems I was eating all day. I have to get back on track as I am not happy with the weight I have put back on and sure do not want to keep going up. Today is a new day!

Barbie--I hope Jake makes the right choice and realizes you can not go back and get different results. Hugs!

Lanette--Congrates on the 6 months no drinks. I know since I have stopped 11 years ago I do feel better. You are right that picture made he relax and smile.

Heather--glad things with your party is going well. That is a great picture of you and the DGB's. They both look happy with the cake. Thanks for the Bea fix. She is growing up so fast.

Kate--Happy Birthday.

Well ladies time to get some work done. Enjoy the day. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: I'd love to hear more about the horses your brother bought. I've recently bought four plants; two are upright fuchsias that are in the ground next to our walkway and two are hanging fuchsia baskets. :bigsmile:

Kate UK: Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou: DH's birthday is tomorrow and he will be 70. May is a good month to be born.

SueB Dew: You look fabulous! :bigsmile:

tjeason: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I'm glad to hear you got a Mother's Day card from your pups. :bigsmile:

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers of children, grandchildren and/or pets. I hope this is a good day for everyone.:heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day,

Angie & Tjeason - welcome to the group.

Sunday is my day to spending reading, knitting - my pj day. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Marti from Ontario, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Knackered and just woken up from a crash out nap. It's then when you realise how old you really are!

I think it all went well, though both the kids hurt themselves a little bit at the playground this morning. :o Took Edie a while to get over her stomach scraping.
    Gave them all lunch and sent them on their way. Wonderful, but PHEW!

Going to have to get going tomorrow, cooking and preparing for my brother's 65th birthday lunch on Friday. I have 2 routine health appointments this week, plus yoga and a second viewing. Cleaner coming the day after the viewing. Boo! House is fairly straight, though crumbs are lurking everywhere! Chocolate cake in every crevice!
    Going to cook him family joke fish cakes, goulash and Crepes Suzette. The family joke refers to some absolutely ghastly fish cakes I once had on a family meal out with them. It has gone down in family history. So I am going to make some delicious ones. :D

Spoke on the phone to an old friend this afternoon. That's good.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Anyone here eating gluten free? I think I have developed a reaction to gluten.
    NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps-
    No I am not getting another pup, not even a cute mastiff
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    250121x9f4ez5xgq.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sharon, thanks. I will take that hug and maybe come back and get it again. I know on Mother's Day i will be getting up and going to church without myy husband giving me a card or any other kind of sentiment. But when I got home, he didn't say hello to me. Now he always does after I sat hi to him. But for once, when I come in the door, I would like for him to say hi. He was there in his robe, poop bag hanging out and just in his tidy whities. Now 2 hours later he is going to empty said poop bag so we can go out and have a nice lunch with my family. Michelle's roommate which we have had with our family dinners many times was going to come but backed out. Charlie said for me to text her to tell him we can give him $10 toward his meal. Yes, that is nice but why can't he think that he could give me a gift, card, flower, anything. He is taking me out to eat but he would be doing that on any and every single Sunday. he would like to do that every single meal because he likes to eat out all the time.

The lady who sang a solo sang a song that her Mom taught her as a child. Jesus loves me. I think I cried all my make up off. You know why Mother's Day is hard on me. That burden that I allowed on my Mom's heart for months before she died, and was still there the day she died.

So far it hasn't been a good day. Now I will go spend time with my family and maybe my feelings will reverse.

Joyce
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,821 Member
    Options
    Have done laundry..fed Faith and Buddy.cool and sunny this afternoon.....Hope everyone had a good Mother's day..I got a call from my granddaughter .so that was a great mother's day present..didn't speak to either child which is sorta a bummer..but what can ya do.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options