June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    5.66 km - Yes I should have circled the Rec center for the .34 but the unseasonable heat has beat me up.
    exercise.png

06/02 15.0 km – 145.0 km - 15.0km
    06/03 11.5 km – 133.0 km - 26.5km
    06/07 5.66 km – 127.34 km - 32.16km – YTD 610.91 12 ft Davis Hill with the Wednesday crew

So far this week has been a bit of a kitten show, Sunday was rest day, Mon & Tues extended travel for work, Tomorrow Travel, Friday & Saturday Final prep before we host our local race on Sunday. So I don't think I will get out on the trails until Sunday Night at the earliest now.

Ours is a small event and on average about 100 contestants. Cost prevents us from bringing in a chip timing system. So we manually record the Bib and Clock time along with a Backup Tape / Timer system.
    It makes getting results out a little slow but we just don't have the $$$ to afford bringing in a professional chip timing system. Also most of the Timing suppliers have re-occurring events booked every weekend all summer so they just can't fit us in.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @Bakins929 - Impressive! You have very eloquently presented the argument that convinces me not to try to become a barefoot runner.

ah, but if you were a barefoot runner your proprioception would prevent you from putting your full weight onto that screw.

:)

Yes :smiley: I've gathered barefoot runners have the power of anti-gravity! ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Unscheduled rest day today. Celebrated high school graduation with my fellow teachers last night and decided that I needed more sleep this morning. Wondering if I should readjust my long run this weekend. I was ambitious and made a 19mile route. I know I can do the distance and part of me wants to make-up missing today. I think the main motivation is the impatience to check off running a distance this long.

@cburke8909 Another teacher! I'll let our other teacher(s) (I'm not one but my mum was) chime in.

19 miles!!! Awesome!!! That's 30 km, the furthest distance I've done (in March). Hoping to do another one soon.

Don't let me put the pressure on you, but from what I've seen on MMF, you seem to have a great base for it.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5.20 miles (also starting a diet change to increase carbs slightly)
    6/2 - rest
    6/3 - 9.00 painful and slow miles in sweltering heat with the sun beating down
    6/4 - rest
    6/5 - 5.25 miles not as hot as Sat., but still hot (need to stop making excuses for slow pace)
    6/6 - 5.37 miles - early am, so started out dark, but nice and cool out
    6/7 - 5.00 miles (early am, nice and cool again... had to add some distance to get up to the full 5 miles)
    6/8 - 13.18 miles (started out 3am and tired along with GI distress, terrible pace but stuck with it - improved as I got to the last few miles - average total pace 11:13)
    6/9 - rest (backpacking in evening, not counting non-running miles)
    6/10 - rest (backpacking, not counting non-running miles)
    6/11 - rest (backpacking, not counting non-running miles)

exercise.png

6/24 - Glacier National Park HM
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @Mobycarp, I don't think we have such a thing as National Chocolate Ice cream day here. Which is just as well as I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning up the mess of that blender!!!!
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    June goal: 60 miles
    June 8: 3.82 miles
    June total: 11.3 miles
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1/6 - 3.6
    2/6 - 4.9
    3/6-5.6
    4/6 -REST
    5/6-3.9
    6/6-4.7
    7/6-3.1
    8/6-4.3
    9/0 -REST

Total - 30.1/90
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 6.6 miles
    6/2 - rest
    6/3 - 9 miles
    6/4 - rest
    6/5 - 6.2 miles
    6/6 - rest
    6/7 - 3 miles

Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day before tonight's J P Morgan Corporate Challenge, but I couldn't miss Global Running Day, so I went for a very leisurely 3 mile run. It was a beautiful evening with plenty of other runners all grinning at each other in the sunshine (the weather here has been vile recently)

exercise.png[\img]
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @Sliedur Congrats on that run! I've read many times here, from others that have done the C25K program, that the three-minute runs are actually quite a hurdle; so it's a great achievement that you've accomplished.

@PinkamenaD8 Fantastic PR, well done!

@BruinsGal_91 Good luck with tonight's race!

Today was another easy run, with a few miles of warm-up before meeting up with the group to run with them. And then finally, while they finished off with some cool-down exercises, I continued on for another mile or so to make my way back to the office.

01 - 11.39
    02 - 21.12
    05 - 13.44
    06 - 10.73
    07 - 13.43
    08 - 11.43

Total: 81.53 / 225 miles
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options

exercise.png