edited June 2017
    Options
    6/1 = Gym day; 3 miles on the treadmill and 40 minutes of strength training
    6/2 = 6 miles
    6/3 = 6 miles & strength training
    6/4 = 13.9 miles (run/walk)
    6/5 = 8.1 miles & strength training
    6/6 = rest day
    6/7 = 8 miles (with 6 - 5 minute speed intervals)
    6/8 = 5.5 miles

5 1/2 easy miles this morning. I started having soreness in my Achilles tendon yesterday after running. I iced and did calf stretches every two hours. It is feeling a little better this morning. I might take a rest day tomorrow, depending. We will see how it feels.

(June miles to date) 50.5/150 (June goal miles)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty good job getting it done despite it sucking
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Oh @RespectTheKitty you aren't having a good time of late are you? But you know what - you inspire me - because even with this, and your hating the race the other day, you get up, dust yourself off and keep at it.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for June

6/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    6/2 7.5 miles - 18
    6/3 14 miles - 32
    6/4 REST DAY
    6/5 8 miles - 40
    6/6 10 miles - 50
    6/7 5.4 miles - 54.4
    6/8 10 miles - 64.4

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    None so far

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @MobyCarp funny I missed global running day but not chocolate ice cream day. My wife made small but elicious sundaes with a new recipe for peanut butter sauce.

Please share the peanut butter sauce recipe! :p
  • ctlaws44
    Options
    My regular Wednesday Onion and WSG runs went good. Had a friend join us that's just getting back into running so I took it easy and stayed with him to make sure he didn't get lost. I'm going to try a longish run tonight. The weather's been so nice the past couple days 68 low humidity.

My planned June mileage just took a bump up. I joined this "running" group challenge at work. I'll probably do a lot of biking to supplement so I don't increase my running mileage too much.

3i7k4j9y6ybv.png

Hope everyone's having great runs!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @ctlaws44 I'll put getting the recipe on my to do list. My wife does not always share her best cooking secrets. She will eventually when she wants me to make the sundae. I know part of the process involves heating the peanut butter in the microwave. She used organic peanut butter and it tasted even better than a good ice cream shop's topping.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    June 1- 2.8 miles(first run back!)
    June 2- 30 minutes swim (800m)+ 30 minutes yoga
    June 3- 3.6 miles+ 30 minutes stretching/PT
    June 4- P90X3 Challenge
    June 5- 32 minute swim (850m)
    June 6- P90X3 CVX Cardio + 20 minutes stretching/PT
    June 7- 25 minutes swimming (650m)

After cutting my swim session a little short yesterday morning due to the pool being crowded, cloudy and generally unpleasant, I was planning an evening session of P90X3 or some yoga and a short run in honor of GRD. However, as the day wore on at work, I started feeling kind of crappy and by the time I left, my lymph nodes under my arms and on my neck were extremely swollen, so I decided it was best to just take the rest of the day off. I am not sure what caused the swelling of the lymph nodes (they are still a little inflamed today, but down a bit from yesterday). I am just hoping it's not some sort of bacterial infection or virus. This is always a huge concern of mine since I take heavy immunosuppressant drugs. I hope this has nothing to do with the pool or the health club, both of which are breeding grounds for bacteria. Feeling a little discouraged after the crappy running experiences last week and now this. I have my second session with a personal trainer at the gym tonight. I am hoping it goes well and puts me in better fitness spirits.
  • ctlaws44
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @ctlaws44 I'll put getting the recipe on my to do list. My wife does not always share her best cooking secrets. She will eventually when she wants me to make the sundae. I know part of the process involves heating the peanut butter in the microwave. She used organic peanut butter and it tasted even better than a good ice cream shop's topping.

Awesome! Thank you!! It just sounds sooo good on top of some chocolate ice cream (dark chocolate preferably). Now that's all I can think about.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom- You and Skip always seem like you have so much fun together. I <3 your relationship with your daughter...so inspiring!
    @RespectTheKitty Running face plants are the worst. Kudos to you for carrying on. I hope your bruises heal quickly!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 mile run/walk, strength training, 2 mi walk
    June 2 - 2.25 mile in the mall killing time while son got glasses
    June 3,4,5 - Nope, nope, nope
    June 6 - 1 mile walk in my office building
    June 7 - 1.6 mi walking, 1 mile run
    June 8 - 3.5 mi walk

@RespectTheKitty Sorry about the fall. Hope you feel better soon.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 thank you I appreciate the compliment. We do have a lot of fun together. I'll be lost when she goes off to college next year, I'll need to train for a marathon so all my free time is sucked up. The photographer appeared to have taken a great picture of us running holding hands but I didn't see it on his website :cry:

@respectthekitty sorry for the fall, ugh that is the worst!! Your shirt needs to say "I love to run, I hate running" hope you heal up quickly. I took a nasty fall a couple years back when a neighbor was trying to get my attention during a run, I started to turn away from her to run and I tripped myself up. Ouch! I bet you stopped your watch though right :wink:

What?! It was national chocolate ice cream day!! Then I don't feel so bad for the chocolate shake I had after the race. ha ha or the beer :smiley:
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    June 1 – 6.0 miles
    June 2 – 6.0 miles w/6 x 400m intervals
    June 3 – 3.0 miles Easy Run HC22 Resistance 1
    June 4 – 0.0 miles Rest Day HC22 Cardio 2
    June 5 – 5.0 miles Easy run w/strides (8) HC22 Resistance 1
    June 6 – 0.0 miles XT Day Water Zumba and 30 min of swimming laps
    June 7 – 10.0 miles Long Run
    June 8 – 0.0 miles XT Day Hardcore 22 Cardio 2 and Resistance 2

Total: 30 miles/100 miles

Races:
    June 23 – St. Pete Beach Series, Race #1, 5K
    July 21 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #2, 5K
    August 5 – Great Brain Wash 5K Obstacle Run, St. Pete, FL
    August 18 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #3, 5K
    September 16 – Samoa Challenge (Thin Mint Sprint 5K and a Tagalong Trot 1 mile), Safety Harbor, FL
    November 18 – Insane Inflatable 5K Obstacle Run, Tampa, FL
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Oh my! I hope you're feeling better. It's amazing that you kept going. I'm pretty sure I'd have called my hubby to come and get me, lol!

@MNLittleFinn What's nuun? And why only 64 ounces?

@lporter229 P90X3 CVX Rocks! On a more serious note, I hope you feel better. Lymph nodes can sometimes swell just because they're doing their job; however, it's smart to keep an eye on things. I hope all is well soon.