Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I
    I don't believe humans were necessarily meant to eat grain nor dairy... Maybe some have adapted but I know many people and myself feel terrible after eating any gluten or dairy.

Humans are not meant to travel in space and we still do...

And that is that same how...???

If we were not meant to do it than we should not, right?

I never said that people are wrong for eating it. I really don't care who eats what but this is an opinion board and I was adding mine... that humans aren't made for digesting gluten and dairy. If you do eat it that's your choice and that's fine. I eat it sometimes as well. But gluten is an inflammatory food so if you are sick of having aches and pains that don't seem to have an explanation, you might try cutting out gluten. And if you have issues with acne, bloating, and other hormonal issues, you might try cutting out dairy.
    I am not a scientist, just a girl with an opinion... that's what this page is for right? OPINIONS? didn't realize that mine was so personally offensive -_-
  • PeytonHA13
    PeytonHA13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't believe humans were necessarily meant to eat grain nor dairy... Maybe some have adapted but I know many people and myself feel terrible after eating any gluten or dairy.

I agree! Think of how many people are intolerant to lactose. Cows milk is meant for baby cows, not us.
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    PeytonHA13 wrote: »

I agree! Think of how many people are intolerant to lactose. Cows milk is meant for baby cows, not us.

What about those of us who love and tolerate dairy? I don't think there's been a day since I've been a small child that i haven't had dairy. My breakfast, lunch and dessert contains some sort of dairy every single day.

Well then you are part of the exception and I am jealous of you. However, the symptoms of intolerance aren't always quite so straightforward and obvious as an upset stomach. Not saying that you have an intolerance, just something to think about.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

What about those of us who love and tolerate dairy? I don't think there's been a day since I've been a small child that i haven't had dairy. My breakfast, lunch and dessert contains some sort of dairy every single day.

Well then you are part of the exception and I am jealous of you. However, the symptoms of intolerance aren't always quite so straightforward and obvious as an upset stomach. Not saying that you have an intolerance, just something to think about.

The only intolerance I've noticed is these little white bumps on my chin when i drink too much milk. However if i switch to 100% A2 milk V regular milk they clear up. So i guess that could be some kind of dairy side effect.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Humans are not meant to travel in space and we still do...

not so fast my friend.... why the heck not?

I think we're 'supposed to do' whatever we can achieve.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Very few people in affluent countries have experienced true hunger.

Thankfully.

Now if we can just provide clean water and proper nutrition to everyone else....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Think of how many people are allergic to cats, dogs, seafood, peanuts...

Celery, pollen, grass, other nuts...
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Not really an exception in the western world. If you count worldwide, yes, because lactose intolerance is prevalent in Asia and Africa. But worldwide, white people are an exception, yet that's probably most of what you see when you go out, depending on where you live.
This discussion has been closed.