August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Wow has that girl grown! Or maybe it's the dress and not running clothes.

@MNLittleFinn Rest-day-itis? Get a bike? Go swim? Weights?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    already walked to the park, played with the toddler and walked home... pushing the stroller.... and ran 6 easy this morning...
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ddmom0811 and @elise4270 she does clean up nicely ha ha She went out the door with running clothes and I said you don't have practice until Monday, she said never too early for speed work on the track. Well okay then.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    8/1 8miles 1hr:16m:25s
    8/2 6miles 60m:39s

Well, I decided to go for a run at 11:45am today. Yikes it was hot! I went really slow and took two short walk breaks towards the end. I did run up a hill twice which surprisingly didn't feel as hard as it looked.

Going to head out early tomorrow, it's much better running before it gets too hot and sunny.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    I have rest-day-itis really bad right now.....

I feel ya, I have stuck sitting at desk-itis really really bad right now.

Yep me too (stuck sitting at desk-itis!) I even had to take Hobbes the Vizsla to doggie daycare to play since it is a rest day and he gets crazy when it is hot and he won't/can't really be outside for long.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    already walked to the park, played with the toddler and walked home... pushing the stroller.... and ran 6 easy this morning...

Well... You could come over and clean my house?

maybe.... that's a lot of driving though.....

It's all the coffee... I don't drink coffee a lot, and wanted some today... it's made my hyper....I need to drink coffee more often.

Hmmm. You could grab dinner? Maybe fix something with coffee in it? :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Well... You could come over and clean my house?

maybe.... that's a lot of driving though.....

It's all the coffee... I don't drink coffee a lot, and wanted some today... it's made my hyper....I need to drink coffee more often.

Hmmm. You could grab dinner? Maybe fix something with coffee in it? :smiley:

you mean like the espresso brownies i made for my wife?

I am SURE they were espresso brownies and not some other kind of brownie... :wink:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn , @5512bf ,@skippygirlsmom, @cburke8909 and @PastorVincent Thanks so much for the great advice. I could start working in one day a week (or so) to work on speed. I could drive up to the high school track and do intervals there. And there are some pretty good hills at the park or even one behind my house that I could work on. I really appreciate this group so much.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I feel nostalgic seeing her all dressed up for her last 'first day' of school picture! It seems like we have watched her grow up here! I also cried when we left my daughter at college, even though it was only on the other side of LA and about an hours drive. I knew our lives weren't really going to be the same again. I have learned though that the closeness doesn't go away other than physically - it is just managed with lots of texts and phone calls rather than in person now.
    @ddmom0811 - Great idea with the Fibonacci program!
    @MNLittleFinn - coffee/caffeine is good for running.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    1/8-REST
    2/8-5.3

Total - 5.3/120 Miles

First run with my new garmin today. I got a forerunner 235, never had a garmin before and I found it rather exciting seeing my pace 'live' as I ran!

This is the one that I want. It's going to be my reward if I meet my pace goal at September's race. I'm looking forward to reading your opinions on it as you use it more.
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    8/1- Bike day (but those miles don't count here)
    8/2- 4+ morning run...I hate mornings

Total: 4 / 70

On another note...my feet hurt! My left more than right, and mostly in the heel. It doesn't bother me at all when I'm not on my feet, but after I've been sitting for a while (at my desk or in the morning) and get up it's the worst. I'm thinking it's due to my being 30+lbs higher than normal. I'm stretching more than I did in the past. Any thoughts?

(For context I've been out of "training" for 2ish years. Prior to that I was an avid Iron-distance triathlete. I'm wearing the same running shoe I wore 2 years ago. No, not the same pair...I bought 3 pairs.)