WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Marcelyn - so I read and re-read your response and I’m thinking well that is what I want a gobbling turkey and a fall over --- so I went back and really studied the towel and I thought you had meant I spelt “til or till” wrong, I did not catch that I had miss spelled gobble and wobble! Thanks for not giving up on me!!!! I have corrected it.

Janet – beautiful wedding picture! They picked the exact right day! Hannah Joy is super cute. I am so sorry to hear about your sister ((((hugs)))))))))))))). I bet the ornaments will sell, pricing is hard, cover all your expenses and then figure out your time… I would have thought $25 but now that I saw you found willy nilly ones for $18 I bet you can get $30+

Karen, and Lynette - I am not sure about the neighbors at all, I was glad to have owners, as the house had been a rental - but they are really different, or at least he is… LOL on the witness protection program - I have thought that too and he dyes his hair, it’s fake blond right now, and if you google them (I have) they don’t exist… I also got a weird vib last night that maybe there was some domestic bullying going on-he was not happy at all when I stood my ground. I’ll be giving them wider space. And at some point will make sure the gal knows that I am a domestic violence survivor in case she ever needs to know someone who will be supportive…

Heather – Love the Yorkshire saying! While no one would wish Aspergers on anyone, I would think the diagnoses would be helpful, for everyone to begin to understand why communication is not always successful

Earlier in the year I joined the Women’s Club – it’s a service club – and I thought it would give me a bigger network, and hopefully some embroidery business…I’m not sure I am staying with them, they are nice enough but in a different financial circle than I am, and their way to do service is to write checks, I’m more into the “do” part. So tomorrow is their largest fund raiser, it’s basically mandatory participation. A luncheon, silent auction, and fashion show – the tickets are $67 each – for lunch ! It better be the best gosh darn lunch on the planet. I’m going and am helping by selling raffle tickets 3 for $25- I’ll not be buying any, not sure what they are raffling off.. I have to be there at 11am, and lunch is not till 1pm, so not sure how much of the day will be spent with this event. It’s not formal, but dressy, so I took an outfit I really love (pants, top and a swing jacket) apart and made it a bit smaller, so it fits ok – maybe I can get someone to take a picture tomorrow.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5kthyvlv63xl.jpg
    sorry this is sideways - my dad is in the back row second in on the right side - this is the only picture I have of him in his uniform, I think my mom has others.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    My family of veterans <3. Clockwise, Jack's daughter, Jack, grandson and son.
    dtxobn920krr.jpg
  • janetr7476
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kim - thanks for your kind words. I also very much appreciate your input on the ornaments. I was going to ask $25 but now due to shipping costs and people not liking them, I will charge $30 for the fancier (more expensive to make due to beads, glass gems, etc.) and $20 for the less fancy ones and that price will include USPS priority shipping....I THINK :)

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Michele: Our fridge has water and an automatic ice-maker that it delivers from the outside of the door. It is plumbed into the house water system. :flowerforyou:

Kim: I have always heard how rude New Yorkers are. Your neighbor sounds like exactly what I expected but when I actually visited New York City, the people were kind, helpful and charming. What a putz. Maybe the jerky ones that have given NYC a bad reputation, like your new neighbor, are actually from New Jersey. :ohwell: To be fair, I've known some very nice people from New Jersey.

Janet OKC: I am so sorry to hear about your sister's health. :broken_heart: Beautiful photo of your great niece's wedding! :star:

(((Dr.Katie)))

Heather: Congrats to your DDIL for the successful TEDX talk. :star: Regarding your DH's daughter's situation--as a teacher I had a number of Asperger's students over the years. I remember them as brilliant, and a little nerdy. Most did very well and had a few like-minded friends. I always kept an eye out for those who had more trouble making friends and worked hard to seat them with people who were compatible. I've always suspected Bill Gates of belonging in this group. :flowerforyou:

Becca: Your sons sure do resemble their dad. You have a handsome family group of active duty military and veterans. :heart:

My dad was a WWII veteran and served in the South Pacific. He was a See Bee. My son is active duty army. My husband joined the navy but developed diabetes and was discharged because of it. I would like to add my thanks to all those who have served in the Armed Forces and those who are serving now.

Katla in cloudy but dry NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Lisa~ I know your a veteran so thank you for your service too..all these handsome men in uniform...worked until 1, came home did some picking up and a load of laundry a little bit of grocery shopping... and add in jammies and in bed on computer and finishing up grocery list....going with cousins to a fashion show tomorrow so should be fun...
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Janetr, so sorry to hear about your sister. How sad that you won't be able to get to see her. Your ornaments are truly beautiful!
    Kim, you're neighbors do seem genuinely odd! Glad you stood your ground and didn't do the San Francisco trip. I've been there twice, would go back in a heartbeat, didn't see nearly enough of the city! Spent the better part of 2 hours just in Chinatown! Not sure how they figure to do all the "hotspots" in just a few hours!
    Pip, thank you fot sharing pics of hubby after his accident. All I can say is Wow!! Oh, and I'm impressed that he could still be smiling! lol
    M in Oz, glad you are healing quickly! That was quite the experience you had.
    Making a blanket for our grandson for Christmas, have got the top part finished, need to figure out how I will edge it. I think I have the backing figured out.....
    Need to figure out something for his parents now!!
    Don't know if younger son will be gracing us with his presence this year or not, he won't know til just a few weeks before. He doesn't like to plan ahead much. Frustrating for me but can't do anything about it, so just have to deal.
    The eating is going okay, although you wouldn't know it by the scale (d@mn). The working out was going well, but now I feel as though I'm coming down with something so I've decided to take a few days off. Well, now back to the blanket! Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Pip - Janitor - LOL! Is this your new job ... or were you going to write to Janetr and spell-check got 'cha?

Enjoying all the pictures of Veterans.

Keeping up with my BP for my PT - walked on treadmill 20 minutes, took BP - it was 114/75, HR - 101. Did it @ #26, maybe 1/5th of the time without holding on. Weaved a lot; but, did not fall. Sometimes foot over the other and not side-by-side. Hit the sides of the machine that holds the belt - I'd grab on then until I felt more stable, then let go.

Fixing to grab a protein shake since it is so late. Going 'out-to-eat' tomorrow. I've, so far, been able to exercise every day since last weigh-in.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

New ski machine- 15min, 118aw, 144mhr, 86stpmin = 142c
    Apple Watch- 143c
    Arm ski machine- 15min, 129mhr, 40aw, 2202meters= 124c
    Apple Watch- 108c
    Stairclimber- 20min, 80floors, 140mhr, fat burner program= 174c
    Apple Watch- 185c
    Fl exer- alt toe touches w/hop, ab sliding crunches- 5.20min, 3sets of 10 ea, 128mhr= 54c
    Apple Watch- 45c
    Fl exer- 25.36min, 3sets of 10 ea, 12 diff exercises, 110mhr = 105c
    Apple Watch- 135c
    Other- yard work etc= est 40 min- 150c

Total cal 749
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip - Janitor - LOL! Is this your new job ... or were you going to write to Janetr and spell-check got 'cha?

Enjoying all the pictures of Veterans.

Keeping up with my BP for my PT - walked on treadmill 20 minutes, took BP - it was 114/75, HR - 101. Did it @ #26, maybe 1/5th of the time without holding on. Weaved a lot; but, did not fall. Sometimes foot over the other and not side-by-side. Hit the sides of the machine that holds the belt - I'd grab on then until I felt more stable, then let go.

Fixing to grab a protein shake since it is so late. Going 'out-to-eat' tomorrow. I've, so far, been able to exercise every day since last weigh-in.

Lenora

F@&$)G spellcheck lmao
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Middle son
    nqm1c09i5xa7.jpg

Becca

Becca Your middle son is practically your clone! All your men are so handsome!

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying all the photos of our servicemen!

I found one of my DH at boot camp in San Diego in 1968 before he went over to Vietnam. He's the taller one on the left in his T-shirt. The fellow to his right was his best friend, Dave. They enlisted in the Marines together.

DH ended up a Marine correspondent (journalist/reporter) and Dave went into the infantry and was severely wounded and eventually lost an arm, but not his sense of humor.

DH remains friends with him and thanks to Facebook has reconnected with several of the fellows he knew over there.

qojhz7a5r6s7.jpg

Lanette
    SW WA State

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Today we received some very heart rending news. My oldest sister was taken to the emergency room and admitted earlier in the week. They send her home today and said her COPD has progressed to the point she is not able to get enough oxygen and her heart is too weak to try any viable therapy. Tomorrow hospice will come and they will bring a hospital bed, etc. The doctor told my nieces that it could be as little as 6 weeks and much longer, no way to know, of course. I pretty much have been crying off and on all evening. I wish I were close enough to go visit with her. It all makes me very sad.

Janetr OKC
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Today we received some very heart rending news. My oldest sister was taken to the emergency room and admitted earlier in the week. They send her home today and said her COPD has progressed to the point she is not able to get enough oxygen and her heart is too weak to try any viable therapy. Tomorrow hospice will come and they will bring a hospital bed, etc. The doctor told my nieces that it could be as little as 6 weeks and much longer, no way to know, of course. I pretty much have been crying off and on all evening. I wish I were close enough to go visit with her. It all makes me very sad.

Janetr OKC

Janet, My heart goes out to you. I was sad to hear about your sister. I know how hard it is being so far away. Call her often . Even if she can’t talk have someone hold the phone to her ear. You have things to tell her and things she needs to hear. (((Hugs)))
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Allie.
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Janet - I would find out the cost of a box for sending and make it a separate charge, IF and ONLY IF you just pass through the shipping charge you may not have to claim it as income on your taxes or charge sales tax on it - check with your tax gal (or guy), also that solves the issue of "I'm living in your town what discount do I get for picking it up?" While we are in different states with different tax set ups there are many of us doing some form of small businesses so pick our brains for what has worked for us.

Kim
  • janetr7476
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Janet - I would find out the cost of a box for sending and make it a separate charge, IF and ONLY IF you just pass through the shipping charge you may not have to claim it as income on your taxes or charge sales tax on it - check with your tax gal (or guy), also that solves the issue of "I'm living in your town what discount do I get for picking it up?" While we are in different states with different tax set ups there are many of us doing some form of small businesses so pick our brains for what has worked for us.

Kim

Kim, thanks, all good information. Lots to consider.

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yes its nice to see all the recognition for servicemen and women today. When I see a veteran with a Navy cap on, and he looks about the age of serving in Vietnam, I try to go up to him to thank him for his service. Its sad to know they were spat on, and boo'ed at back when. I don't know what I'd do if they treated my sons that way.

Had a looong chat with my youngest son Owain. He is getting into a routine at Nuke school. He managed to sprain his ankle pushing himself at the Wednesday 5K. He had medicine and is on light duty. That kid! I asked him weight wise where he was at. He stated that when he started boot camp his weight was 119 lbs. Mind you he is 5' 8". When he ended boot camp he was 138 lbs. Presently he is 146 lbs. Holy cow!! To actually see this kid muscly, and not slim like he was during high school will be so exciting this holiday!!

Chatted with my eldest son Galen, and we talked for about an hour or so. He is such a joy, and I told some stories that had him literally snorting with laughter! To live with this kid will be so much fun this next year! I told him to call his birthday brother, and his youngest brother tonight.

Hugs to those of you hurting, or have family illnesses. My heart goes out to you!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)janetr One more thing to consider is that even if you don't make much or any profit selling your ornaments, any money that comes in will help pay for materials which will put you way ahead of just giving them away and will provide great joy for the people who buy them
  • pipcd34
    Options