Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, Marcelyn, absolutely stunning. Never, ever in my life could I do something like that. I love pottery and they all are gorgeous. You are definitely very talented. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Glad you were able to do it again and enjoy it so much. <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    DJ (Janet #1) Big (((hugs))), miss you.

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    It's 23C out there (hot for this part of the world), blue sky, blazing sunshine ... and I just came in from a lovely 4 km walk at lunch. :)

Where I work is right near the waterfront, so I walked along there, and then came inland through the park surrounding the Aquatic Centre, and through the rose garden next to it.

I could do with a whole lot more of these days. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    evie1958: I think you could be right about the slippery slope. I'm trying to keep my footing and doing pretty well overall-except for the hoof pick and bareback pad. :embarassed: My teacher seems to collect horses. She also has acreage to pasture them and shelter from the weather. She has three horses right now & I'm still waiting for an invitation to see the new colt.

Marcelyn: Your pottery is outstanding! :bigsmile: The dish/platter with the braided handle is eye-catching & I love the colors. The snakeskin coffee mug is gorgeous. :star:

Machka in OZ: Your spring weather is the direct opposite of our fall weather. Every day is darker than the day before and rain has set in. :ohwell:

My daughter's youngest son is in the hospital & I don't know what is going on with him. She is there with him. She says they are still pretty miserable but ok. Those who pray, please add Baby R & Mom (DD) to your list.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Katla so sorry to here about the little one, how old is he now? It's always so scary. I will definitely remember Baby R and all your family in prayer. (((Hugs))) <3

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Marcylynn, your pottery is beautiful! Do you you sell it? I loved the plate that you etch d down to the clay.,

The pottery reminds me so of Sylvia. I wonder often how she is doing, hoe the grandkids are,meow her son is doing, how her colon is. She was such a selfless person. So many that I wonder about.

JanetR, count me in on some one who would purchase. I would purchase 5 of them right now. One thing, I have never done PayPal so some one would have t talk me through that. Do you make any that are flat? I would be buying for each of my siblings, and my girls. But Michelle doesn't put up a tree. She doesn't have the energy or time to do it and she has three big dogs and two of the, are out while she is at work. A big boxer can make a mess! She does lay precious things down on the top of her entertainment center.

Had our churches Thanksgiving dinner tonight. The pastor said they have it this early to create a Thanksgiving season. He says we have a Christmas season, why not have a Thanksgiving season. So this whole month we will be for focusing on that. I tried to be good in food choices but baptists like to cook. There was so much food left. I was glad I bought a store bought cake. When I went to get some desert, a small piece of carrot cake and there were some carrot swirls on top, there was one piece of my cake left so I got the cake topper and made sure I got it safe and sound to take it home to Charlie. I know I could have just said since he didn't want to go, he just might not get any but I love him. I think the reason it was some tonight was because the pastors birthday was yesterday! At the end of the dinner, the microphone is made available to anyone who has something they want to say about what they are tsnkful. We have several wonderful men in the church who have died this year and all of thier wives spoke. Becca, one died because he hadn't got his liver transplant yet.

The two other dishes I thought of taking was an orange jello salad and corn casserole. I'm glad I didn't because other people brought those. But my store bought chocolate cake was the only one there. I felt so sorry for this one lady, she made cupcakes and put them on a wonderful cupcake stand and not a single cupcake was eaten. She is one of our church members that is bipolar and that didn't help any. I didn't know they were hers or I would have taken one and thrown it away in a napkin. She looked heart broken.

Choir special was good. Our trio is going to have to start practicing. There is no choir practice the night before Thanksgiving and we sing the first Sunday in Decmber. It is a song we have sung before and I just love it.

Joyce, Indiana and yes Chris, it is cold here in Indiana
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask something. I a, looking to buy a new phone and the Google pixel inerests me. Does anyone have any experience with one???? I want good and bad experiences.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Katla so sorry to here about the little one, how old is he now? It's always so scary. I will definitely remember Baby R and all your family in prayer. (((Hugs))) <3

Janetr OKC

Katla
    ,so sorry. I do know the difference between "here" and "hear". By the time I noticed my error it was too late to edit it. :(

Janetr OKC
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have made it to pg 22.
    It has been an eventful week.
    420 Clinic
    Pain Clinic etc.
    I will get you caught up ssoon

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Goals to follow
    - Sharon in Lethbridge where it is warm without the Chinook
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    A few photos from the last weekend of October, when we were in Northern Tasmania hosting/running/organising the long weekend of cycling events.

This was on the Saturday. We were waiting for the riders to come into a Control (rest stop) halfway through the ride, and I was taking photos of everything around. If you click the photos, there are more of the riders, my husband, etc. :)

38302782462_b43af7b1cc_c.jpg

37619686334_d1b71cb38b_c.jpg

38302782212_3fe824d589_c.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Machka, gorgeous pictures.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Machka - Oh to be in Tasmania, now that November's there! (adapted quote) :D

Love Heather, England xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Up to date on reading, bit distracted at the moment. Should have visited DD last week but something happened and she put me off without telling me why. Am hopefully going on Wed until Fri, she and her family live very complicated lives (can't really discuss) and I worry, but of course we all do.
    My eating is all over the place, definitely shows Im stressed.

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, happy to be starting a full week of work and exercise. I can feel the stress levels rising as the holidays are approaching but just remind myself that I don't necessarily have to join the frenzy! Still searching for a clear path of healing with my so called eczema. Having a followup later in the week to see if there is more I can do. I will see an allergist (first appointment I could schedule is mid December!) and then on to a naturopath before the end of the year. I am uncomfortable but nowhere near the suffering that so many face. I'm trying to stay on an even keel about the whole thing, but the rash is all over my front and back now, very uncomfortable.

Stay well <3 NYKAREN
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Pals! I've finished my last dose of prednisone and am exceptionally happy about that. I really have been unhappy with the weight gain but DH offered to pay for a personal trainer so I'm going to take him up on it. I feel like a puffy blowfish! >:) Now I've caught a cold! Feeling pretty yucky! I know this too shall pass!

Tere in RVA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well my friend Bev invited me to a concert and meditation at the church and it's the same time as the Thanksgiving dinner here at the condo.so I will drop off the deviled eggs And go with her.better to be in a church than eating .