What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Does anyone else hit this point mid-week, where you kind of just have a pile of leftovers to work through? I feel like even though I plan my meals carefully I end up slogging through leftovers for a good chunk of the week.

Lunch for me is usually leftovers. My husband usually takes care of the rest.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    1247 calories

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 turkey bacon, 2 wonder bread (don’t judge :) ), Int’l coffee vanilla caramel

Lunch: 2 pieces Oat So Healthy bread, 2 oz turkey, TJ’s red pepper spread w/garlic & eggplant, 2 cups spinach, grape tomatoes, McMormick bacon bits, 3 Tbsp Skinny Girl poppyseed dressing

Dinner: 2 oz rigatoni, ½ cup Prego sauce, 1 bird ball (recipe on request, from mudhustler)

Snack: 3-2-1 mug cake, 1 cup Halo vanilla bean ice cream

Dying to know what a bird ball is. Please share :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Light breakfast and light lunch trying to save calories for the dinner my husband and I are making. It's killing me today.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with salsa and avocado slices, black coffee

Lunch: Small piece of rainbow trout, roasted beets and butternut squash

Snack: cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, hummus

Dinner: Beef tenderloin filet Oscar style (w/ crab and Bernaise sauce), wild mushroom risotto, roasted asparagus, white chocolate mouse with raspberries, red wine
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Light breakfast and light lunch trying to save calories for the dinner my husband and I are making. It's killing me today.

Dinner: Beef tenderloin filet Oscar style (w/ crab and Bernaise sauce), wild mushroom risotto, roasted asparagus, white chocolate mouse with raspberries, red wine

That's a classy Valentine's dinner. Are you going out?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

No, we like to cook together. We are not really fancy, but we enjoy trying. The Bernaise sauce will be a first for us. I figured that the rest of the meal can hold its own if we screw the sauce up too bad!
  • janejellyroll
    Options

No, we like to cook together. We are not really fancy, but we enjoy trying. The Bernaise sauce will be a first for us. I figured that the rest of the meal can hold its own if we screw the sauce up too bad!

Sounds like fun!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Old Fashion oats with cinnamon and tsp of brown sugar, Chocolate Fairlife
    Snack: Pineapple
    Lunch: Coconut Chicken and spinach salad
    Dinner: Steakkk
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's the first day of Lent, so that means no meat plus "fasting" (it's not real fasting — the general rule is two snacks and one meal). And I'm starting Whole30 today. AND I started my period today. So this is fun.

"Breakfast:" mug of ginger tea with lemon

Snack #1: two hardboiled eggs and a clementine

Dinner: will be spinach and riced cauliflower sautéed with garlic and scallion, small piece of baked salmon

Snack #2: will be an Rx bar, possibly with almond butter on celery, depending on how desperate I am
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    28 over, 1,398 cal

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 turkey bacon, English muffin, Int’l coffee vanilla caramel

Lunch: 1/3 TJ's demi baguette, 2 oz turkey, TJ’s red pepper spread w/garlic & eggplant, 2 cups spinach, grape tomatoes, McMormick bacon bits, 2 Tbsp Skinny Girl honey mustard dressing, 2 Tbsp Ken's Lite honey mustard

Dinner: 4 oz homemade honey BBQ meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes

Snack: 3-2-1 mug cake, 1/2 cup Halo vanilla bean ice cream
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    BreakfastPremier Protein Shake
    Lunch Turkey sandwich, baked ruffles and carrot chips
    Snack Cara Cara orange, boiled egg
    Dinner Curry chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies, cucumber splashed with vinegar
    Dessert Sugar free popsicle
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with yellow pepper, banana, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Wendy's chili with 1 tbsp sour cream, 4 saltines, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: mixed berries and chobani yogurt
    Dinner: Jack's cheese pizza, steamed broccoli, apple
    Night Snack: 1/3 pint halo top
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend and I ate out with his family yesterday aaaaand I didn't make the best decisions (in my defense I'd been craving the restaurant we went to for the past week!) so the next few days will be making up for it!

Breakfast and lunch: Definitely coffee (didn't get home until 3 in the morning after a 13 hour car trip, plus we had to be up at 7 for work)
    Any snacks: More coffee
    Dinner: Either General Tso "Chicken" and veggies with riced cauliflower or leftover snacky foods (hard boiled eggs, string cheese, baby carrots) from the drive depending on how much energy we have this evening.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: big mug of tea

Lunch: cottage cheese w berries

Dinner: pork and beans (leftover pulled pork, black beans, onions, peppers, carrots), kale sauteed in olive oil and garlic, red wine
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal with cheese melted in

Lunch - egg white and cheese burrito, Moro blood orange

Dinner - spaghetti

Snacks - garden veggie straws, probably some chocolate frosted mini wheats
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: two slices of toast (one with butter, one with jam), sliced ham and turkey, glass of milk, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover coconut-braised greens & chickpeas over a sweet potato. Again. This meal is neverending.

Dinner: will be beef & cabbage stir-fry over rice.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: homemade bagel with Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    Lunch: Little Salad Bar classic chicken salad, celery sticks, hard boiled egg & Friendly Farms string cheese
    Afternoon snack: grapes
    Dinner: slow roasted pork tenderloin and homemade garlic mashed potatoes
    After dinner snack: TBD
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Breakfast: Cilantro pesto garbanzo bean flatbread, black-eyed pea curry

Lunch: Cilantro pesto garbanzo bean flatbread, homemade sesame flax crackers, clementine, Skittles

Dinner: Seitan and bulgur wheat with fresh fennel, green olives, green beans, and shredded cabbage

Last day for the flatbreads! Leftover struggle has been real this week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt, 1/2 peach, black coffee
    Lunch: Large egg salad sandwich (2 boiled eggs, green onion, pickle, light olive oil mayo & curry powder on an onion hoagie roll, toasted) and 1/2 pear
    Dinner: Whole wheat pasta bake with ricotta & zucchini in the homemade sauce, TVP for the "meat" and a little mozzarella on top...side salad with lots of veggies
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek Yogurt

Snack: Two mini chicken, egg white and cheese buscuits

Lunch: Homemade Chicken Salad Sandwich

Snack: Protein bar

Dinner: Homemade Spaghetti meat sauce, protein pasta and garlic bread

Dessert: Valentine Cupcake (no judging, lol)
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: egg scramble with Whole Foods frozen Mediterranean veggies, prosciutto

Lunch: lettuce wrap with red leaf lettuce, deli turkey, salsa and hot sauce; celery with almond butter; clementine; plantain chips

Dinner: will be a small piece of top cut steak with sweet potato and carrots, a couple dried figs

Snacks: hopefully won't need to snack, but if I do it'll probably be cashews or an apple with almond butter