Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Natural foods" vs "others"

Options

Replies

• SaunaSuit
    SaunaSuit Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A poor growing season. The funny thing is my entire town is filled of Orange trees~ Grapefruit and Dates trees.
    Last year, that was a great year for fruits. Sunny Cally~
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SaunaSuit wrote: »
    The artificial foods have caused me to have indigestion, (TV DINNERS) since the 1960's by the 1990's NO MORE~
    I tried Frozen foods but too chewy or freezer burned perhaps too long on the shelves, all the preservative’s really hurts my Kidney’s and I suffer in bowel movements so I stopped eating them back in the 90's, I have to be careful about the cans goods also, They have a lot of added things that just mess with my body! Headaches, ringing in the ears, the preservatives are too much for me, sleepless nights because so many things have added sugars. I can't eat box foods, the sodium is too high I get this really odd feeling of light headiness, again a headache and I cannot digest the foods it can stop me up for days if not a week. Like Mac and Cheese! I don't eat it ever~

If you don't ever eat these things or haven't for at least 40 years, you don't know you still can't eat them or that they cause such things to happen.

I used to have terrible digestion in the mid-1980s but it's perfectly fine now.
    SaunaSuit wrote: »
    I eat 100% Raw, or Seemed, Boiled, or BBQ if need be. I don't fry anything, I don't oven bake anything, If I can grind it up in a mixer and put it in mason jars like baby food I am happy. Or if I can put it in a Slow Cooker, then we are good. I can tell a huge different, but because I eat foods that have such low calories I have to eat a lot of it to even make 700 calories, to get to 1200, I would have to eat from morning to night and cross my fingers to make those numbers. Veggies and some fruits just don't have much calories~

Worrying. Your calorie limit is far too low.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    We’re fighting infographics like this.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

We need a CICO infographic and one on moderate consumption. I'm not sure I'm that talented.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Such an infographic would be so bland....
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Obviously Canadian fruits are superior.

https://www.bchydro.com/news/conservation/2017/150-places-hope-east.html

Maybe the California fruits we get here are their rejects. US imports of fresh fruits is a 1.6 billion business for the US.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »

We need a CICO infographic and one on moderate consumption. I'm not sure I'm that talented.

It is hard to sensationalize the truth, it tends to be boring and overly simple. Secret to weight loss? Eat less, move more.