The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• kevinrfletcher
    kevinrfletcher Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Sunshinelinzee UNSWEETENED TEA?????? I'm sorry, we can no longer be friends... I can tolerate political differences, religious differences, really, just about anything, but unsweetened tea? It pains me to even write it...

Ok, truth, I gave up sweet tea a while back. Nothing with added sugar. Big fan of green tea now... who would have thunk it? But, this is the south, so I have to put on a show.
    Congrats on day 6!!!

Day 62 ~ Think I stretched my Achilles tendon in a run during the workout last evening... Heel is killing me to walk. CURSE THIS GETTING OLD CRAP!!! I refuse to acknowledge it.... I am 21, I am 21, I am 21. Nope, still hurts. Hope y'all have a great AF weekend. If you're an old Zeppelin fan, as I am, and you haven't heard of them (some of us do still live under rocks) check out Greta van Fleet, "Highway Tune"... it's what Zep would have been if they still made new music, and stayed young, which, APPARENTLY, is impossible to do.

Ciao babies...
  • Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Sunshinelinzee UNSWEETENED TEA?????? I'm sorry, we can no longer be friends... I can tolerate political differences, religious differences, really, just about anything, but unsweetened tea? It pains me to even write ..

Haha I have a deep appreciation for the sweet tea of the south.... alas I live in the far reaches of the northeast....where it’s winter 8 months out of the year and the other seasons are dedicated to mud, road construction and tourists. Our sweet tea just isn’t that good to begin with 🤪

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    @donimfp I think that was on one of the sober school blogs. I remember reading that myself. It was something about "if you are only dry Monday through Thursday you never get the real impact of going AF...of what it really feels like to dry out a good long time". Something to that effect. And that is awesome that you are on day 43!! Way to go, Girl!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    The comments under this article are really sad. So so so many lives cut short by alcohol abuse.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/halt-and-catch-fire-actress-lisa-sheridans-cause-of-death-revealed-212202898.html
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 I hate reading articles like that because it makes me so sad at the waste of a life and the torment she likely suffered daily in her addiction. At the same time, I appreciate those kind of reminders because it does hit home that this is not a harmless substance. Thank you for passing articles like this & videos along to us.