The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    @73CL350 ... oh goodness, he's adorable! Glad to hear he's on the mend. Nothing worse than when our children hurt! So hey... you just made it through some tough stuff! It looks like he's teething too. If you can make it through the last week, I think you can get through a lot. I think you need to give yourself some credit now, some kindness, some tenderness. You're doing great.

The PM was through the email system. I'm new to this so maybe I messed it up.
  • joha5603
    @73CL350 ... of good lord, he's adorable! So glad to hear he's on the mend. It's horrible when our babies are hurting.

So think of this: you've made it through some SUPER TOUGH stuff the last few weeks. If you can endure that, you can endure anything. Give yourself some credit, some kindness, some tenderness and grace. Pat yourself on the back and examine how well you're doing. Breath and gather your strength. You're doing great.

I PM'ed thru the other messaging system (via the envelope icon?), but I'm pretty new to this so maybe I messed it up. In any case, be well.

• joha5603
    @Kiki9871... welcome! I hope you find this to be a supportive place. I know I have. I found the first few days were pretty tough, and each has been easier so far (with a few bumps in the road). I've found that it's a new state of mind and takes some adjusting.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Welcome to the new faces! We are all very supportive.
    Reading some of the post of those struggling, I want to share this little saying helps me stay the course. Most of you have heard it from me before but its worth repeating: "There will be pain in giving up alcohol. But I prefer the pain of discipline over the pain of regret." I have way, way too much regret already. I welcome the discipline at this point in my life.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    @73CL350 ,what an adorable,happy child! You two look like best buddies in that picture :) glad he's better
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @73CL350 Ahhh that’s the cutest baby. Brightened my day ! Wishing you a fun weekend. Stay strong! Bravo on day 19!! Awesome !
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Welcome to the new faces! We are all very supportive.
    Reading some of the post of those struggling, I want to share this little saying helps me stay the course. Most of you have heard it from me before but its worth repeating: "There will be pain in giving up alcohol. But I prefer the pain of discipline over the pain of regret." I have way, way too much regret already. I welcome the discipline at this point in my life.

Thanks for this,I had a dream where I was drinking last night and even in the dream I was trying to pace myself and felt the regret that I was drinking,how weird that even in my dreamland I know drinkin just isn't right for me,let's all have a great weekend guys AF of course <3
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    I've missed lots!
    Trying to catch up. .
    ((Hugs)) to everyone!
    As I read through the posts, I always find something I can connect with.
    Thank all of you for sharing the struggles and the triumphs!

@73CL350 hope little man is feeling better every minute!

@RubyRed427 any update on the car situation?

• RubyRed427
    jhilkene wrote: »
    I've missed lots!
    Trying to catch up. .
    ((Hugs)) to everyone!
    As I read through the posts, I always find something I can connect with.
    Thank all of you for sharing the struggles and the triumphs!

@73CL350 hope little man is feeling better every minute!

@RubyRed427 any update on the car situation?

Thanks! After two weeks in my garage, we dropped it off at the repair shop tonight. Should be another two weeks in repairs and then I’ll be back in that beautiful car.

Hope you’re doing well! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    edited October 2018
    Hi Friends, just doing some light reading about the BRAIN and addiction. LOL

Anyway, I am not implying all on here have alcohol addiction, just that it’s good to know that it’s not all about having willpower to quit alcohol. There are underlying very complicated things going on in the brain that shed light on why we crave alcohol.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/how-addiction-hijacks-the-brain
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Julie, thank you for the insightful article about addiction and our brain. I love when our little team here posts articles/advice/tips to help us all grow in knowledge.
  • RubyRed427
    Hi to everyone. I'm 7 years off the booze, one day at a time. I'm lovin' the sober life and I hope everyone here finds what they're looking for. Big hugs all round.

Thanks for stopping by! Congrats on 7 years. That’s a lucky number :)
  • RubyRed427
    @lorrainequiche59 Sorry you are experiencing a stressful situation. I recently learned E + R = O which means event + reaction = outcome. Makes sense to me. You responded positively and the outcome was you didn’t drink. Awesome effort!
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    @RubyRed427 glad the car will be fixed soon.. hopefully it goes smoothly

I've read articles on addiction and how it rewires the chemical reactions in the brain. Very interesting stuff!

@joha5603 binge watching a show sounds like some good "you" time! And it's always nice to wake up FOG FREE! o:)

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @alfiecampbell I totally missed your comment earlier about being sober 7 years. If there was a thumbs up emo, you'd be getting it... :)