The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited October 2018
    What an awesome thread! I am AF for 1 year and 20 days. I was diagnosed with a tumor last year on October 1st, and swore to cut out alcohol and get my life and health back on track. I am vegetarian, slowly cutting out dairy.

Happy to hear from you. Congrats on 1 year and 20 days! Xo Hope you’re doing much better this year healthwise.
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    6 weeks tomorrow, been some hard days! All in all I'm glad I'm doing it. I was the guy that sometimes drank 3 or 4 beers, but other times I have slept in the flower garden. It's just something I don't need in my life and I find a hard workout is just so much better for my mind and my soul.

Lol! I may have found myself in a flower garden or two myself. Thanks for the laugh and the reminder of why I'm on this journey.
  • RubyRed427
    6 weeks tomorrow, been some hard days! All in all I'm glad I'm doing it. I was the guy that sometimes drank 3 or 4 beers, but other times I have slept in the flower garden. It's just something I don't need in my life and I find a hard workout is just so much better for my mind and my soul.

I must admit you made me smile! I once found my shoes in a flower pot after a wild night ; happy you are doing well!
  • RubyRed427
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hi Guys. It’s been a while. My job in juvie is totally my calling. It’s a ministry. And I’m still not drinking. Love you all and especially Julie for starting this up in January. Got to sign off because I barely have time to brush my teeth but I wanted to say goodbye and thanks to all. Xoxoxoxo.

You are amazing and inspiring. It is your calling to work with this population. Your heart must be so fulfilled and exhausted too.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @jhilkene yes candy is far better for you than a drink! I may have one treat then the leftover bags go off with hubby to work the next day.
  • RubyRed427
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @jhilkene yes candy is far better for you than a drink! I may have one treat then the leftover bags go off with hubby to work the next day.

I have just eaten two delicious Lindt chocolate balls. Better than a drink, like you said. Since alcohol is sugar, and chocolate is sugar, we crave it. Jen- good luck on your SouthBeach diet. You can make it through a few hard days of craving sugar and carbs! You are a strong woman. I’ll join you on this diet, too. I am going to library later to sign out the book.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Welcome to @hookmcrosseyed and @Jennifer1Gore and hey there @donimfp. It's great to see old and new faces here! I started the South Beach Diet yesterday, the old school, blue book one from the early 2000's, not the newer one where they send you food in the mail. Anyway I am extra cranky without my wine, and now, no sugar and carbs for the time being. I've done it in the past and it really does work. Check it out of the library and try before you buy if you are interested. I have my annual physical in December and hope all my blood work numbers are good, especially my liver. My cholesterol was through the roof last year and I feel like that was due to my heavy alcohol consumption. Hopefully everything, including my weight, will be in the normal range. So fun to be starting a diet with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in front of us. :p

Love the jump start for the new year!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @islandbeez thank you for that recipe site! I just looked and there are so many yummy ideas! I will be sure to try some of these!
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    @salleewins great job on 9 months!!
    ((Hugs))