The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good morning friends! Last night, my mom text me what do I want to drink on Thanksgiving. She was going grocery shopping. I am happy she didnt waste her money on my usual Chardonnay and that she probably has an inkling I dont drink anymore even though I never told her I quit. So, she’ll have Perrier for me.

Yesterday, all the teachers went to happy hour after work. I just said I had other plans and couldnt go. I felt so much better NOT going. I worked out, went grocery shopping and then to my bible class. Don’t you find you get so much more done when you dont drink?

I feel so much fitter these days. I’ve lost track of the AF days. I think about 120days. I am at my lowest weight in a decade (due to the whole 30 diet too), exercise almost every day, and went back to doing crafts and painting with acrylics. Right now, I feel like I am in a good place.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

So good to hear!! You sound happy!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    LC0924 wrote: »
    @islandbeez dragging here, too! Soooo ready for a long weekend :) MFP has been finicky for me as well, mostly with loading and staying loaded.

Last year I got in trouble with my husband because of how much I spent at the liquor store for the Thanksgiving dinner we were hosting... I thought about it today and chuckled. Definitely under budget this year ;) And we are going to someone else’s house as well! I’m a bit more nervous than I thought I would be for this whole first holiday season without booze... But I keep reminding myself that it’s also the first holiday season without the threat of hangovers!

Happy Monday, party people 🙌🏼

Like @JenT304 said earlier why dont we take some of that booze money we didn’t use and donate it or share it with someone less fortunate.

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @salleewins I don't know if you read/recall how humiliated I was this past May when my daughter was in the hospital having her second baby and I was staying at her house, taking care of the 2 year old? On the list of my written instructions from here was, "Please don't drink." My face face burns even now with shame, thinking about it. As I said then, I never and would drink while taking care of that precious girl, but I didn't say anything about it. She eventually stopped tasting my drinks etc. when I watched the children and I guess she now knows I have stopped drinking though I never explicitly said so. I just have said, "No thanks" every time I am offered one, and she has figured it out. My point is that while we DO reap what we sow, there is such a thing as redemption. Just keep on doing what you are doing. You have come so far! I am so grateful for my sobriety now and winning back my daughter's faith in me.

Thank you for your kind words @JenT304. I do remember reading that, but see I had forgotten it until you mentioned. You are right. I am sorry that had to happen to you. I am glad it is being restored there as it seems to be here, too.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @joha5603 You are taking care of yourself which is the most important thing. It is so true that sometimes we have to walk away from certain people, even people we really care about. I am glad you are sober for this trying time in your life <3
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    As Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our blessings, I am thankful for my family, my health, having a roof over my head, and this forum. You all have helped me more than you could possibly know. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Everyone! Much love, Jen
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @SuzMac1981 Welcome to our lovely, loving group <3 Happy Day 31 ;)

@islandbeez "Hoping" the best for you <3 & interesting artwork @mbaker566 :)

@JenT304 I have a wee sign in front of my kitchen sink that says "Count Your Blessings" Very simple, yet so profound because the simple act of thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for can lift my mood & remind me of the more important things and help me to forget the negative stuff that seems to dominate at times.