The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Good Morn Y'all <3@RubyRed427 Hmmmm....Wayne Dyer video ~Interesting thoughts~ Thank you for sharing that! Definitely some food for thought ~ literally!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    bulldogcpa wrote: »
    AA.

AA was very helpful during the first five years; I enjoyed helping other drunk *kitten*. About year five, I started to feel the environment was toxic and repetitive. Too many folks were in the court-ordered or threatened jail spiral. At about the same time, I meet my future wife who didn’t drink either, and I simply moved on from AA.

But, in the initial period of sobriety, it was nice to hear my story come from the lips of so many other drunks. We like to think we’re special, but in the end, not so special. Just another drunk.

+1 to the bold. Thumbs up.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I think you’ll be just fine. You have inner drive and motivation that has lasted a long time. I think the RWV would ruin the recipe ; it’s so harsh. So use the wine.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I'm making a recipe this weekend that calls for red wine. I have LOTS on hand, but do not want to open for the recipe. I want to wait till my guests are here to uncork it BECAUSE I do NOT want an opened bottle of wine on hand. Just cause!! I don't have a problem with wine in the recipe because the alcohol burns off anyway. Can anyone think of a substitute...Red wine vinegar perhaps?? It calls for 1/2 c. so vinegar may not be the thing to use...I don't have to use wine, but if anyone has an idea, please suggest.

My dinner is in 3 days and I can unload the wine I've been stockpiling!! Interestingly, I was watching a movie the other night & they were drinking wine with dinner...it was this one guy who was obviously stress drinking if you get my drift...in the scene he was upset & it was just the way he was drinking that I got this craving for the chillax factor, out of the blue...SO, I'm looking forward to having the alcohol gone. Even though my liquor store is only 1/2 block away, it is still 1/2 block away. I don't like having it so convenient in the case of a major crave!!! :/

Probably not the red wine vinegar. Cooking wine? There is more sodium to it, however, it seems, unless there is something new out there. What type of recipe is it?
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @salleewins Thanks for your response...it's sausage-tortellini soup so it doesn't matter if I use wine, but it does add a depth of flavor...I will check out the cooking wine tho.