The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    bulldogcpa wrote: »
    Next time someone tries to push alcohol on you, simply say sorry, can’t. I’m allergic to alcohol. And leave it at that. Walk away.

Good point. My sister used to say “I have an ulcer.” And people would not press on. Allergy is good too.

I friend decided to tell her Aunt that she was allergic to cakes since the Aunt baked her a cake for her birthday every year. I will say I am allergic for some things. Yes I am allergic to gaining fat ........
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @lagoscarrie Welcome to our thread. You’ll find some great ideas and encouragement. Happy to hear from you!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @lagoscarrie Nice to see you here. :)

@RubyRed427 You and your hub are so level headed. It is SO refreshing to see couples who can work the tough parts out together. Hoping the best for you both going forward <3

@errydayimmusclin You've gotten some great tips from others. I know you can do this and you`ll feel fantastic when you've past the test. I had no idea what Kombucha is either so I googled it and it says it is a fermented, slightly alcoholic, lightly evervescent sweetened green or black tea with health benefits...not sure what "slightly alcoholic" means other than it contains alcohol.

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips and encouragement! I'd order a mocktail if they served those, but this is a beer brewery and they only serve their craft beer and a couple soda pops.... and I don't drink pop. However, I think I heard that they might've started serving kombucha? I've never had that, I THINK it's non alcoholic, right? I don't really know what it is, lol. Maybe i'll try that. Otherwise, water and a medical excuse sounds good to me!

I have tried kombucha....it IS non-alcoholic indeed....it tastes ok, a bit like tea

If I were you, I would not hang out after the game is over. I would tell any friends to meet you at the coffee shop

Kombucha is fermented tea and it has a low percentage of alcohol. Some people can get a buzz off it with low tolerance and some people with alcohol problems find that it triggers cravings.

I stand corrected