The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• errydayimmusclin
    errydayimmusclin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not sure why my post got woo'ed. Factually speaking, kombucha does have a small percentage of alcohol.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/kombucha-alcohol-content#concerns

Some brands have been found to have a higher level of alcohol than legally allowed:

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/03/16/Health-Ade-lawsuit-highlights-continuing-area-of-legal-vulnerability-for-kombucha-makers-sugar-and-alcohol-levels#

And some people do feel a slight buzz from it, me included and also apparently this lady:

https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/mind-body/wellbeing/i-get-drunk-off-one-kombucha/news-story/d888ecbd7cbe78ba00c7451a2f2b2975

Some non-drinkers do drink it with no problems but the point is to have some caution.

Thanks for the info!
    I still think people use the Woo button for various reasons, it might not have been a bad thing, I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Yes, the woo button has been used a few times lately. Maybe they don’t realize it’s a negative button to use. Like a thumbs down. :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I've been sober 6 years now. Used to drink heavily every night for years, not just a few drinks, but enough to black out every night. After a while I cut back to just drinking on the weekend at 7pm and only 5-6 beers. Then one day I got sick and needed to be on antibiotics that required me to not drink. It was the hardest 10 days of my life, and I decided then that I was done with alcohol. I felt it had a deathgrip on me and I hated who I was and wished I could change everyday I drank. It was a tough year or so after quitting drinking and I had a lot of anxiety issues and sought therapy for it. But I gained so much from breaking free of the disease of alcoholism! Now I hate alcohol and stay away from anyone who drinks because it makes me angry because it reminds me of that dark time in my life.

Thanks for sharing your story. Happy you changed and got out of the death grip (great word). <3
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @Fitness327wk - Hit 'em straight!
  • errydayimmusclin
    errydayimmusclin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ooooops!!!! It was actually @errydayimmusclin who made the comment about the woos not being a bad thing necessarily....ANYHOOO....
    @Wendyjfit105 Thank you for sharing your story...always very encouraging to read about others overcoming their struggles...it isn't always an easy ride, but SO worth any hard bits.

Another SNOW day in my part of the world...I made it into town & finished up part of a job from Monday, went & got my hair trimmed & hilighted and watched the weather squall in & out and by the time I left my hairdresser they had closed my highway home, so I took the backroads and it was a wee bit dicey at times, but overall not terrible for too long of a stretch...a few white outs that were sketchy...BUT I made it home safe & sound...WOOHOO!

:wink: I woo'd you.....WOOHOO! Love a day at the salon! Glad you made it home safe! Enjoy your weekend!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Just a random question: Is it possible to delete a post from here once it is posted & eliminate any reference to the poster from others` comments?
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yesterday`s badge was 900 drinks past!!! Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a WOO?????

WOO HOO!! Fantastic job!
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just a random question: Is it possible to delete a post from here once it is posted & eliminate any reference to the poster from others` comments?

I think you only have the hour to edit the post. I don’t believe you can delete the post entirely. You can delete all you wrote but you have to leave at least a period. I don’t believe you can delete other replies or even your MFP icon that shows you made the post
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59

💃💃💃💃❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Awesome! Congratulations 🎈🎊!