WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• Barbie - The only meat I have not tried since my LINX procedure to correct the uncontrolled 'acid reflux' for 12-15 years. Since I can only eat 'dime-sized' bites. Since my essential treatments affect the right side more than the left; I find it easier to eat left-handed for the most part.

Barbara - I am 'amazed' at how much better I feel since I am 'off' Nexium and the 'horse-sized pills' that I was taking in the way of vitamins and supplements.

But I am a tad bit 'stoked' that my 'driving days' seem to be over. I've got a MD appointment in the morning and my not driving is going to mean that Louis or Trey have to take me into Albany and then drive me back home to Dawson and depending on time - either drive back to Albany to work or just miss out altogether. At least Trey is not working on an hourly basis. We're hoping that he will enroll in the technical school and get his CDL; because 'truck drivers' are in a 'demand' right now. When my oldest sister was waiting on her blinds to come in, they called about it and they had been in the warehouse; but, the delay was because of trucking shortage. I cannot imagine him driving 'long-haul'; but, at least maybe then Louis can do 'little jobs' for his regular customers. I've love to find a way that we could have enough money set aside to be an emergency fund and after we cut some of the timber on our land; be able to not continue working so hard.

Lenora
  • Adonia09
    Adonia09 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks Barbie for being an inspiration!

My goals for September:

Walk everyday.
    Log food and water daily.
    Cut sugar from my diet.
    Declutter at least 15 minutes per day.
    Meditate 3 minutes per day.

I hope everyone has a great September!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    bethhagan wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    This is my day 1...Not sure what I'm doing.
    I'm an empty nester trying to reinvent myself...starting with my appearance. I saw a picture of myself this weekend (full body) and was pushed to tears.
    I'm over 50 so thought I would try to connect with people in this thread. Is anyone looking to lose over 100 pounds?
    I have no idea how to approach this counting calories, protein, etc.
    Any pointers?
    Thanks!
    Elizabeth

:) Welcome. When I started here I started logging my food in the food diary so I could see what I was eating. That helped me make decisions about what I could continue eating and what I should change. I couldn't change everything at once so I took baby steps. Also keep coming back to this thread, join the conversation, and ask your questions.

<3<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Hhhh
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    bethhagan wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    This is my day 1...Not sure what I'm doing.
    I'm an empty nester trying to reinvent myself...starting with my appearance. I saw a picture of myself this weekend (full body) and was pushed to tears.
    I'm over 50 so thought I would try to connect with people in this thread. Is anyone looking to lose over 100 pounds?
    I have no idea how to approach this counting calories, protein, etc.
    Any pointers?
    Thanks!
    Elizabeth

Welcome Elizabeth!

I would echo Barbie. Use the food diary to keep track of everything that passes your lips.....food, drinks, supplements, everything. If you find it easier, track what you are eating now and then find where you can cut back. You don't have to drop your calories immediately if you find that too daunting. You can drop them a 100 calories a week until you hit your recommended calorie limit. I am the kind of person that jumps in with both feet so I cut to my recommended calories immediately and forged on to my goal. I lost about 90 lbs and have been working to keep it off since hitting my goal in March.

You'll find us a chatty group. Don't try to keep us all straight. It will come in time as you continue to visit with us.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited September 2018
    Okie and Barbie wise words! Elizabeth starting this journey is the first step. Use this month to being accountable to logging. Habits don't change overnight, so logging and paying attention to trigger times, trigger people, and trigger foods is eye opening. I have a hard time putting away a great meal if there is leftovers. I could eat a portion getting it from the pan to the plastic container!! So I make husband do that!
    Be good to yourself. I try to make choices easier by having the foods I like, away from son and husband's snack drawer! I have made healthy soups. Easy! Go to the recipe tab, label your creation, say how many servings you think you'll make, and add ingredient one by one. Then just have that for a lunch. My soups are a bit of meat protein like a cubed ham slice, or beef kielbasa sausage. Then I add beans, chicken stock paste, maybe some cabbage shredded, and simmer! Better than any soup you'll see in the store, and less crap. I do like spicy, so I always add a tsp of turmeric, and cayenne pepper!
    "Losing weight will not bring you happiness
    But
    Happiness will help you lose weight."

" eating is suppose to ruin your appetite ".
    Nice ta meetcha!
    Welcome to our club! We are a bunch of amazing, encouraging, energetic women! I am in awe of all of you!💗👍

Rebecca 💗
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    The fat cat gave her owner that look, when her owner told her to stop eating dirt.....
    Rebecca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3<3Becca I often eat the leftovers while putting them away in the fridge too!!! Trigger times, trigger food, trigger people and one more trigger events—so so insightful <3<3 and congrats on the baby news <3<3

Stay safe everyone NYKAREN
  • Elitejammer
    Elitejammer Posts: 32 Member
    I have turned 57 on SETEMBER 2. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by spring. Doing intermittent fasting 18:6. Lost 6 pounds in a month.
  • coastalgosgal
    edited September 2018
    Janetr
    Congrats on the lowest post surgery weight!!!!💗
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Janetr don’t try, leave them that size
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2018
    Rebecca such exciting news. I'll pray for her that all goes well!!!

And thanks so much on my ornaments and the weight loss <3

Janetr