What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, coffee

Lunch: split peas, Babybel white cheddar, and a smoothie made from frozen avocado & pineapple, banana, hemp protein & almond milk

Dinner: homemade Italian tomato sauce with lots of celery & onion over wheat pasta, side salad with vinegar/oil, 3 crème brulee flavored sandwich cookies & vanilla rooibos tea
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Yogurt with fresh blueberries, coffee with half&half
    Lunch: Fig & goat cheese pizza, peach tea spritzer
    Dinner: Hamburger in half a multigrain pita with sliced tomato and guacamole, grilled zucchini
    Dessert: Dark chocolate raspberry yogurt, herb tea
  • jwisdom80
    jwisdom80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oats w/Greek yogurt and berries (soak overnight)
    Lunch: Turkey Patty, Cauliflower Rice, steamed Veg, w/horseradish mustard
    Dinner: Broccoli/Ham Quiche w/salad
    Snacks: Almonds, Boiled Egg, Plum or Peach
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with cream
    Lunch: Turkey/Cheese on whole wheat, bell peppers (for the crunch), apple slices
    Dinner: London Broil roast in beef broth, rice on the side with a dash of Soy sauce, watermelon
    Snacks: Protein bar
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [inbetween HIIT and lifting]
    Remedy Organics matcha oxidants drink, and a small slice of GF zucchini-carrot-ginger almond flour bread

Lunch:
    Korean bbq stir-fried squid and vegetables in a spicy sauce, a little brown rice, kimchi, and 1 vegetable dumpling
    1 scoop of macaroon chip gelato (vanilla coconut with dark chocolate pieces)

Snack:
    Oatmega bar (chocolate peanut)
    Nitro cold brew

Dinner:
    Falafel seasoned chicken and quinoa balls, 3 egg white omelette, spinach leaves, and cauliflower "mashed potatoes" (Wholesome Yum recipe)
    Chocolate date protein shake (chocolate whey, 2 dates, unsweetened almond milk, and almond butter)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: watermelon chunks, 2 hard-boiled eggs & coffee

Lunch: Morningstar veggie corn dog with mustard, 1 serving steak fries, nectarine

Dinner: homemade fried brown rice with zucchini, carrots, onion, peas & tofu. Later, probably 1-2 almond butter granola cups and jasmine green tea.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yesterday Chowing Down:

Breakfast:
    cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    Crispy oysters, 1/4 french dip (My hubby's dish--well done and SOOOO GOOD), Thai steak (filet Mignon-well done) salad (field greens, mangos, avocados, tomatoes, basil , mint, thin Asian noodles, peanuts, and some other YUMMY stuff in spicy season peanut sauce) 1/2 baked potato loaded to the max, baby bok choy, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    McDonald's ice cream cone (smallish), bowl of cherries

Today:
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    2 thin smothered pork chops, jasmine rice and gravy, Broccoli and brussel sprouts, ice water to drink

bowl of watermelon chunks, 1 cup of sunflower seeds, maybe a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yesterday!
    Breakfast: TJ’s vanilla pretzel Greek yogurt, scallion pancake

Lunch: quinoa orzo chickpea cucumber salad, sautéed onions and carrots, Dr. Praeger’s all American burger patty

Snack: veggie chips

Dinner: Cobb Salad: lettuce, bell peppers, chicken breast, boiled egg, croutons, shredded cheddar, bacon, vinaigrette
    Dessert: mini portion of blackberry chocolate chip ice cream and a Milano cookie
  • AliAppleLover
    AliAppleLover Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    B: Smoothie bowl with avocado, spinach, kale, pineapple, banana, berries, spirulina. A sprinkle of muesli on top.

L: Roasted asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, and peppers dipped in tomato sauce. Grilled squid and chickpeas.

S: Large cold brew with almond milk. A rice cake with hummus.

D : Shrimp and fruit skewers.
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    And for today:
    Breakfast: boiled egg, toast, Cholula, nectarine, coffee

Lunch: Cobb Salad: lettuce, bell peppers, shredded carrots, chicken breast, croutons, shredded cheddar, bacon, vinaigrette. One TJ’s key lime tea cookie

Snack: mini plum, half nectarine, string cheese, tortilla chips

Dinner: pinto and red beans, shredded cheddar, handful of arugula, roasted broccoli. Tbd on a small snack after.

• umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Vanilla buckwheat protein pancakes (Grandma best recipes), 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter

Snack:
    Lavender caffè macchiato
    Hemp bar (cashew cacao)

Lunch:
    Spinach salad with grilled chicken, sweet potato, avocado, quinoa, dried cranberries, roasted cashews and a little bit of homemade honey lime dressing

Snack:
    Lifeway organic skyr with wildberries
    Nitro cold brew

Dinner:
    3 oz tuna steak, mini portabella mushrooms with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil, and a bit of ricotta and spinach tortellini
    15 g of 88% dark chocolate
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    [inbetween HIIT and lifting] Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar
    [after lifting] 1/2 cup Fage 2% Greek yogurt, black currant jam, PB2, ground flax, chia seeds, one dried fig, and Mediterranean mix granola
    8 oz. black coffee

Snack:
    Owyn plant protein bar
    Matcha latte with oatmilk and a little bit of honey

Lunch:
    Grilled kale salad with grilled chicken, mixed grilled vegetables, goat cheese, and just a bit of olive oil
    Nitro cold brew

Snack:
    Orange mango superfood protein smoothie (orange, mango, superfood mix, and vegan protein powder)

Dinner:
    3 oz. grilled tuna steak, spinach leaves, sauteed portabella mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, and 1/4 of a very large baked sweet potato
    1 Godiva midnight swirl truffle
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    whole fresh mango and lots of ice water

Dinner:
    Big Mac, large fries w/catsup, coke to drink

cup of honey vanilla greek yogurt, bowl of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries,
  • seltzermint555
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yesterday was:

Breakfast - chocolate chia pudding, coffee
    Lunch - homemade tuna melt, baby carrots and a smoothie made with coconut milk, LOTS Of strawberries & hemp protein powder.
    Dinner - steamed cauliflower, BBQ tofu, and a little leftover fried rice with veggies & edamame. Later, a McDonald's hot fudge sundae with nuts (my mom and I were both randomly craving this and I hadn't had one in a decade).

Today will very likely be:

Breakfast - coconut Greek yogurt, coffee
    Lunch - 1/2 portion chicken fried steak with gravy, green beans & salad for sides
    Dinner - salad with chopped zucchini and cabbage, red onion, grilled shrimp and a mixture of sriracha, chili sauce & mayo as dressing. Mug of coffee and a few chocolate-covered espresso beans.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Yesterday was:

Lunch - homemade tuna melt, baby carrots and a smoothie made with coconut milk, LOTS Of strawberries & hemp protein powder.
    Dinner - steamed cauliflower, BBQ tofu, and a little leftover fried rice with veggies & edamame. Later, a McDonald's hot fudge sundae with nuts (my mom and I were both randomly craving this and I hadn't had one in a decade).

Lunch - 1/2 portion chicken fried steak with gravy, green beans & salad for sides
    Dinner - salad with chopped zucchini and cabbage, red onion, grilled shrimp and a mixture of sriracha, chili sauce & mayo as dressing. Mug of coffee and a few chocolate-covered espresso beans.

WOW! It's amazing how things work. I was JUST thinking about chicken fried steak last week. I haven't had chicken fried steak in YEARS and why I thought about it I don't know...then here you go posting you had chicken fried steak, how wonderful (full of wonder) and amazing to me. Was it delicious? I'm going to have some soon.

Also, you having that McDonald's sundae, after not having it in years and your "randomly" craving it. The exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks or so ago about their vanilla ice cream cones. It's now one of my favorite desserts and I hadn't had one in YEARS! As per always, I LOVE the way you eat!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of garlic tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Homemade BBQ spare ribs, BBQ hot dog on bun, collard greens, potato/egg salad, corn on the cob, sweet ice tea to drink

watermelon and a bowl of cherries, maybe a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • seltzermint555
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yesterday was:

WOW! It's amazing how things work. I was JUST thinking about chicken fried steak last week. I haven't had chicken fried steak in YEARS and why I thought about it I don't know...then here you go posting you had chicken fried steak, how wonderful (full of wonder) and amazing to me. Was it delicious? I'm going to have some soon.

Also, you having that McDonald's sundae, after not having it in years and your "randomly" craving it. The exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks or so ago about their vanilla ice cream cones. It's now one of my favorite desserts and I hadn't had one in YEARS! As per always, I LOVE the way you eat!

Thanks!! I really liked the chicken fried steak - it's from a place right by my house and I love that they have 1/2 servings so I don't go too crazy but still get in plenty of deliciousness. We're about to embark on a hike now (a couple hours after lunch) and I feel very well-fueled, haha.

That McDonald's sundae craving was strange! I was at my mom's house helping her out and we thought we would get frozen yogurt cones, but when it was time to turn left or right I said, "Or how about a McDonald's sundae?" (because it sounded good too) and she squealed that she was JUST thinking of those earlier in the day, and hadn't had one in a year or two herself. Around 2006 or so, we used to get them regularly and it was always a mom-and-me outing because our respective husbands thought they were too small and blah. Kinda funny!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Yesterday was:

Thanks!! I really liked the chicken fried steak - it's from a place right by my house and I love that they have 1/2 servings so I don't go too crazy but still get in plenty of deliciousness. We're about to embark on a hike now (a couple hours after lunch) and I feel very well-fueled, haha.

That McDonald's sundae craving was strange! I was at my mom's house helping her out and we thought we would get frozen yogurt cones, but when it was time to turn left or right I said, "Or how about a McDonald's sundae?" (because it sounded good too) and she squealed that she was JUST thinking of those earlier in the day, and hadn't had one in a year or two herself. Around 2006 or so, we used to get them regularly and it was always a mom-and-me outing because our respective husbands thought they were too small and blah. Kinda funny!

Kinda funny indeed and so very terrific for/to me as well. Have fun on your hike! B) I LOVE this thread, it gives me so MANY ideas for YUMMY meals & desserts/snacks too.
  • amberstevens7906
    amberstevens7906 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Breakfast : na
    Lunch : na
    Dinner: sirloin chop and corn on the cob
    I know most don’t recommend this type of diet but it works well for me
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Pumpkin oatmeal cookie pancakes (Minimalist Baker adaptation) and 2/3 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt with a little honey, cold brew

Lunch:
    2/3 of a mixed greens salad with herb-roasted turkey breast, green garbanzo beans, beet chunks, roasted corn, peppadew peppers (love these!), shredded carrots, sliced radishes, and blue cheese crumbles

Afternoon snack:
    Nitrogen-infused cold-brewed espresso, Perfect Bar (peanut butter)

Dinner:
    1/3 of a mixed greens salad with 4 oz. of grilled tuna steak, green garbanzo beans, roasted corn, shredded carrots, sliced radishes, sweet potato, blueberries, and crumbled feta cheese
    1 Godiva dark chocolate ganache heart truffle