What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Lunch: 1/2 app of calimari, grilled chicken, brie, and arugula sammich with a side salad, equivalent of 2 truffles (bf and I split 4 small truffles: cafe au latte, dark chocolate and coconut, chocolate hazelnut, and chocolate passion fruit).
    Snack: 1/2 vanilla iced coffee (maybe a full? Depends if I have the space to finish it!)
    Dinner: Leftover homemade jumbalaya

Probably over calories today buuuuut it's my birthday weekend so calories don't count right?? Also spent like 4 hours walking around looking at stuff so hopefully that helped mitigate the damage! ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Lunch: 1/2 app of calimari, grilled chicken, brie, and arugula sammich with a side salad, equivalent of 2 truffles (bf and I split 4 small truffles: cafe au latte, dark chocolate and coconut, chocolate hazelnut, and chocolate passion fruit).
    Snack: 1/2 vanilla iced coffee (maybe a full? Depends if I have the space to finish it!)

Probably over calories today buuuuut it's my birthday weekend so calories don't count right?? Also spent like 4 hours walking around looking at stuff so hopefully that helped mitigate the damage! ;)

Happy Birthday (weekend)!! Hope it's lots of fun...those truffles sound amazing!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Pumpkin oatmeal cookie pancakes (Minimalist Baker adaptation) and 2/3 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt with a little honey, cold brew

Lunch:
    2/3 of a mixed greens salad with herb-roasted turkey breast, green garbanzo beans, beet chunks, roasted corn, peppadew peppers (love these!), shredded carrots, sliced radishes, and blue cheese crumbles

Afternoon snack:
    Nitrogen-infused cold-brewed espresso, Perfect Bar (peanut butter)

Dinner:
    1/3 of a mixed greens salad with 4 oz. of grilled tuna steak, green garbanzo beans, roasted corn, shredded carrots, sliced radishes, sweet potato, blueberries, and crumbled feta cheese
    1 Godiva dark chocolate ganache heart truffle

Girlllll...I never heard of these and googled them and they look like they are super going to be in my futute, period. Some of the pics I saw they were stuffed with herbed cream cheese and stuffed with various cheeses and deli meat--they look soooo good and if you don't know it, I LOVE olives and the pics remind me of a spicy/hot kinda olives. You're the bombdotcome, period. and I'm going to "copy off of you" and get some of these as well as that chicken fried steak our seltzmint had this week too. YUM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Happy Birthday and many more--ENJOY!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: steel cut oats (soaked in 3:1 water & unsweetened coconut milk, cooked with cinnamon & brown sugar), topped with shredded unsweetened coconut, cashew pieces & sliced strawberries. Coffee.

Lunch: wheat rotini and vegetarian meatballs in homemade marinara, small salad of lettuce, carrots & red onion with a little bit of ranch dressing.

Dinner: large baked potato with seasoned TVP "taco meat", shredded cheddar, sauteed onions and sour cream, and double serving of steamed broccoli.
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, two slices of toast, and half an avocado.

Lunch and dinner TBD
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Lunch - tomato salad with 3 oz cold smoked salmon, 1 cup blackberries, fresh basil and drizzled with 1 tbsp Balsamic glaze. A sprinkle of Maldon salt flakes. 226 calories.
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Breakfast: 2 Morningstar veggie sausage patties, string cheese

Lunch: fried chicken drumstick, collard greens, ranch beans

Snack: carrots and hummus and crackers

Dinner: grilled pork tenderloin and broccoli, couscous salad, wine
    Dessert: homemade vanilla bean pudding, nectarine and plum topping
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    Vegetable (baby corn, bok choy, broccoli, carrots, snow pea pods, spinach, bean sprouts, red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, jalapeno pepper, onions, scallions, ginger, garlic, and chicken) teriyaki w/jasmine rice. Ice water to drink

Dinner:
    Left over BBQ spare ribs, collard greens, potato/egg salad--sweet ice tea to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    large whole mango, cup of lemon and black raspberry sorbet
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Lunch - tomato salad with 3 oz cold smoked salmon, 1 cup blackberries, fresh basil and drizzled with 1 tbsp Balsamic glaze. A sprinkle of Maldon salt flakes. 226 calories.

Sound terrific! Reading your meal makes me want some fresh Mozzarella on top of a steak tomato w/some fresh basil, salt and pepper and drizzled with some of that balsamic glaze...gonna try that real soon. Thanks to YOU!
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!! It was a great weekend. (:

Brunch: Leftover jumbalaya, 1 crumpet topped with 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter and 2 tsp homemade blueberry lime jam (never had a crumpet before this and holy snap, it was delicious!)
    Snack: Last birthday brownie
    Later snack: Last of the leftover jumbalaya
    Dinner: Spinach and feta stuffed flounder with parmesan mushroom and pea orzo, pineapple coconut Smirnoff
    Dessert: 1 mint swirl Enlightened ice cream bar
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @rainingribbons Happy to hear you had a great weekend! Here's another birthday wish. Happy birthday! :smile:
    Girlllll...I never heard of these and googled them and they look like they are super going to be in my futute, period. Some of the pics I saw they were stuffed with herbed cream cheese and stuffed with various cheeses and deli meat--they look soooo good and if you don't know it, I LOVE olives and the pics remind me of a spicy/hot kinda olives. You're the bombdotcome, period. and I'm going to "copy off of you" and get some of these as well as that chicken fried steak our seltzmint had this week too. YUM!

Oh god those additions sound amazing. I'll have to try that for sure! We have some awesome recipes around these parts to check out.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Carrot cake protein oatmeal (adapted from a running on real food recipe) - oats, grated carrots, goat's milk, raisins, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon, egg whites, Amazing Grass protein superfood, and maple syrup; earl grey lavender tea

Morning snack: 1/2 cup Fage 2% Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp peanut butter

Lunch:
    Baby mixed greens, smoked white fish, granny smith apple, avocado, red beets, cucumber, and hard boiled egg, with dill creme fraiche and a bit of rosemary flat bread; nitro cold brew

Afternoon snack:
    Pro bar live (almond butter); more nitro cold brew

Dinner:
    Baby spinach, grilled herb chicken, avocado, zucchini noodles, and a bit of a Greek seven-layer dip (hummus, kalamata olives, red onion, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese) on top; 1 Godiva dark chocolate caramel

My dad gave me this huge box of Godiva chocolates (lucky me! I say that sarcastically in my mind but really, lucky me) so I'm slowly but surely having them, one a day (maybe not every day) as a little treat.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 eggs, shredded hashbrowns, diced pears
    Lunch - Chicken salad sandwich, crackers w/laughing cow light cheese
    Dinner - Teriyaki chicken w/brown rice and veggies
    Snacks - Still deciding.. but I think a So Delicious cashew milk ice cream bar
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with Neufchatel cheese sprinkled with "everything but the bagel" seasoning
    Lunch: jalapeno cheddar chicken Lean Pocket and a small romaine salad with Bolthouse Caesar dressing
    Afternoon snack: strawberries and Fit & Active 100cal pack of chocolate covered pretzels
    Dinner: turkey kielbasa and roasted potatoes
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    2 cups of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    brown bread and butter, tomato bisque, Lobster & shrimp pasta salad, ice water to drink

Dessert:
    slice of plain cheesecake w/fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cup of sunflower seeds, 1 large mango
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Oikos triple zero Greek yogurt with black grapes
    Lunch: Potluck day at work! Smoked ribs and Puerto Rican rice. ....I may have had two servings of each.
    Snack: Chicken wrap with cucumber, tomato, red onion, roasted veggies hummus, and a super thin sliced of swiss.
    Dinner: Spinach and feta stuffed flounder with mushrom and pea parmesan orzo

Really SHOULDN'T have anything else.... But if I do it will either be a pineapple coconut Smirnoff or a mint swirl Enlightened bar.
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast - whole wheat English muffin w/ almond butter & wild blueberry jam, large iced coffee w/ cream. Lunch - bowl of grapes, 1/2 cucumber, motzarella and tomato balsamic salad. dinner - teriyaki salmon, broccoli, 1/2 avocado. Snack - 2 yasso chocolate mint bars,
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: steel cut oats with strawberries, cashew pieces & shredded unsweetened coconut. Coffee.

Lunch: Morningstar veggie corn dog with mustard and a weirdly large bowl of homemade cole slaw with carrots & raisins

Dinner: super-thin wheat crust pizza with lots of veggies (peppers, onions, black olives, tomatoes) and provolone cheese, homemade marinara sauce. After, probably some tea and a cacao-and-coconut butter energy bite.

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg on toasted English Muffin with melted cheese, turkey bacon, and ketchup. Coffee with Splenda and cashew milk.

Lunch: Southwest Chicken Cream Cheese filling in a flatbread. Blueberry Cheesecake Built Bar.

Midday Snack: Siggis 0% Vanilla Yogurt

Dinner: Chicken/Stuffing/Corn/Green Bean/Gravy Casserole XD

Dessert: Enlightened Triple Chocolate Ice Cream