WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Gah! Karen VA You are forbidden to hide your babies in a spoiler! That goes for every one else, too!

Yes, Ma'am! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    7meduf2cal39.png

Only ... we wouldn't want a fireplace today!! It's going to 30C. We've got the air con on.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    Tonight’s ornament

s2psi0wj47b6.jpeg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, such a beautiful picture of Olivia. She'll be two soon!

Thank you for your sweet words, I do feel the love. We have such a special group of ladies. Unbelievable the close bond we all have when never having met face to face. <3

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    Well here I am and it's almost 11 PM whooo hooo..I'm up wayyyyyyy past my bedtime lol..
    Had such a blast at the party..have been friends with these people from way back and am considered family.we played games a game called right,left center...and another one trying to open a present with oven mitts oh it was hilarious...and my lil buddy Charlie he is a little 6 lbs love bug dog..
    Barbie- gee I sure do hope your on the mend soon..there is a nasty cold running round the nursing home...I have a feeling it be quarantined soon..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Keeping you & Kirby in my prayers. I hope each day brings progress and happiness.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Christmas Eve is the day of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College Chapel, Cambridge. I listen to it every year at 3 pm. (I think you abroad can hear it live on the BBC Radio or Sounds App, time adjusted, or as a podcast later.) I am not religious, but love the words of the King James Bible and the old and new carols. I always put the Christmas lights on and make time to relax and think about loved ones. Yes, I have a cry, but a good cry. <3:) It links with something very deep in my childhood.

Other than that, I hope to go for a run, weather permitting, and a little bit of last minute food shopping in walking distance.

Katla - Sending love to you. <3<3<3 I'm glad you have the spring trip to look forward to. Missing your grandchildren can be as bad as missing a lover, it is an almost physical longing. I miss mine already and I know I am so lucky.

Olivia is sooooooooooooo precious, Karen.

Oh, I still have to wrap DH's Santa presents. :o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka Your hair is so pretty. I'm going to make some guesses at your garden pics: bleeding heart, shallots, cauliflower, and apple. And doggie. How far off am I?

Thank you to you and others. :)

The garden is actually potatoes, onions, cauliflower and apple. And doggie. :) You were very close. :grin:

Machka in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Penny thanks for the Pretty Ugly flip!
    Machka
    lovely hair, fun ornaments, whenever do you have time to garden? 30C? Must admit to a bit of sunshine envy...
    KJ coal into a diamonds, LOL!
    Karen in VA Olivia YUM! ;)
    Barbie so sorry your cold has you down. Sleep is the very best thing you could do for yourself.
    pip ditto Lisa's hopes and Katla's prayers for Kirby.

Presents wrapped and under lit tree. Ornaments on tomorrow, with eggnog and fruitcake. Looking forward to a quiet two days not leaving home. Expect that will be enough to give me cabin fever ;)

Merry Christmas my very dears and God bless us all!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/23, 60 g protein 16/23, rx/vits 18/23, meditate 19/23, knee exercises 19/23, SWSY UP 0/8, SWSY LOW 0/8, core 0/8, play with Tumble 10/23, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 14/23.
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka[/b] lovely hair, fun ornaments, whenever do you have time to garden? 30C? Must admit to a bit of sunshine envy...

I don't garden at all ... that's my husband's area. :) It's what he's been doing since he returned from the hospital.

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Christmas Eve is the day of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College Chapel, Cambridge. I listen to it every year at 3 pm. (I think you abroad can hear it live on the BBC Radio or Sounds App, time adjusted, or as a podcast later.) I am not religious, but love the words of the King James Bible and the old and new carols. I always put the Christmas lights on and make time to relax and think about loved ones. Yes, I have a cry, but a good cry. <3:) It links with something very deep in my childhood.

Other than that, I hope to go for a run, weather permitting, and a little bit of last minute food shopping in walking distance.

Katla - Sending love to you. <3<3<3 I'm glad you have the spring trip to look forward to. Missing your grandchildren can be as bad as missing a lover, it is an almost physical longing. I miss mine already and I know I am so lucky.

Olivia is sooooooooooooo precious, Karen.

Oh, I still have to wrap DH's Santa presents. :o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather

Wonderful! I am going to try to listen to this at the same time you are! :)

Oops, had to rewrite this...got my time conversion mixed up the first time...I think this is on at 7 a.m. PST, 10 a.m. EST for those in the USA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018xqcv/broadcasts/upcoming

Karen in Virginia, 6am here = 11am in the UK, right?

p.s. The photo of Olivia was taken at The Getty in Los Angeles.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka Your hair is so pretty. I'm going to make some guesses at your garden pics: bleeding heart, shallots, cauliflower, and apple. And doggie. How far off am I?

The garden is actually potatoes, onions, cauliflower and apple. And doggie. :) You were very close. :grin:

Machka in Oz

Machka The only time I have had a potato plant was when a composting potato sprouted because I didn't keep things hot & stirred up...so those little flowers, do they produce a fruit of some kind? Can you eat a potato fruit?

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    And Happy Christmas Eve! t79069.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    And Merry Christmas Eve.. I'm awake and will have a cup of tea and then get dressed.i might just by a pecan pie as it is to much this morning to try a d whip one up.this after the mini ones wont come out of the pan..argh.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good morn,all.Been trying to catch up,but losing that battle.Just going to say hello before another month is history.

So happy we planned a very quiet Christmas. We love quiet holidays. House is clean,a few decorations sparkling.DD is spending time with her Sis & that is going well.The girls & Grand kids keep us up to date on line & phone.

Just yesterday,a cold came to visit. Hate,hate colds!This seems to be mostly a sore throat & feeling tired. Thankful we can get thru it right here at home. No cooking that Has to be done,no ppl coming,nor do we Have to go anywhere. Ahhhh.....just a day of reading,tv,talking to DH,snoozing & quiet.We’ll go thru pics from back in the day,missing & loving all those we no longer have with us.

My word for this year is self-compassion.Just a reminder that I need to show myself love & caring.

Enjoyed the posts about your holidays along with the pics.Wishing you all A Happy,Healthy New Year.

Trish
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Machka in Oz

Machka The only time I have had a potato plant was when a composting potato sprouted because I didn't keep things hot & stirred up...so those little flowers, do they produce a fruit of some kind? Can you eat a potato fruit?

Karen in Virginia

I've no idea ... I wasn't expecting them to flower, but my husband says that when the flower goes away, then we can try digging up one potato plant to see if there are potatoes ready to eat. So I think they might just go to seed.

M in Oz