WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    well took a bit of a nap..
    Katla~ I would put headphones on,but it is all visual with him he would still go wild lol... even the commercials with animals on it he goes bonkers...
    think I will stay here tonight, I fed DFIL breakfast,and lunch... and will go in the am to feed him...still on oxygen but his lungs are clear so thats good.. .. I asked about him being hospitalized ,and they said why do that? why confuse him and put him somewhere he isnt familiar.... so I trust there judgement...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The movie we wanted to see was sold out. So disappointed. My partner told me to buy tickets online this morning, but since we were planning to see the 3D version I was sure there would be plenty of seats since the tickets are more expensive. I should have listened to her!

Karen in Virginia, a little bummed out
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Bonnie ... the spoiler is under the thing that looks like a backwards p ... called format if your cursor hovers over it. It's one of the choices along with quote and code.
    thanks!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Yo
    We’ve only managed 9 miles so far today. I think my foot has a few more miles left in it for today.

Photo of my foot. ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️. Graphic photo. Don’t look unless you like gross things.
    xzi2u84ksyv6.jpeg

Okie (not) in the TX Hill Country

Your version of gross and mine are very different, that’s not gross in my book
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Yo
    We’ve only managed 9 miles so far today. I think my foot has a few more miles left in it for today.

Photo of my foot. ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️. Graphic photo. Don’t look unless you like gross things.
    xzi2u84ksyv6.jpeg

Okie (not) in the TX Hill Country

Your version of gross and mine are very different, that’s not gross in my book

Funny Pip!

I have a friend that was in a bad accident and came close to losing his lower leg. He had some serious incisions. Every one would tell him to cover it up. I was down on the floor commenting on how neat the stitches were :smiley: Blood I don’t do well with, incisions fascinate me.

Okie
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been somewhat productive today. I exchanged a bunch of clothes for my son, sewed on two buttons, scoured the turkey roaster, and packed up some Christmas wrap and packaging.

I received an instant pot for Christmas, and now I'm wondering what to make in it. I probably need to get the instructions out and give 'em a good read. I also need to watch a video on how to assemble a bicycle, and how to change watch batteries. I'm going to get out my nifty knitter and start another hat. I like to carry a project with me to keep my hands busy when I'm waiting. I'm wearing one of my Christmas gifts: a red t-shirt with a white silhouette of a chow chow, and Vader lettered across it. My daughter ordered it special, and I love it.

After a nice, long thunderstorm last night, it was sunny and nearly warm today. We had a shingle blow off the roof, so now we need to find someone to do a repair. I'm sure it's an easy fix; it's getting up there that's the problem.

Cari in N. Texas
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    Skim read some of the pages, but there are too many to comment on.

Heather/Mary: Condolences for your sad losses. Especially poignant at this time of year.

Family visitors went home today. We had a lovely walk on the beach on Boxing Day. We missed our local Boxing Day Swimmers as we were later than usual. Then we went to see Spider-Man at the cinema. Tomorrow I will have to get some fresh produce for the weekend.

Hope everyone had a joyous Christmas.

☘️IRISH TERRI ☘️
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Ma
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My Christmas decorations will definitely stay up till Epiphany at least, and usually till Australia Day. :) I like the decorations and figure 2 months is almost too short.

I am on your page. It takes so long to get everything out that I do not start to take things down until Epiphany too. I get most indoor down by MLK day here. Outside lights stay out until the end of January. It tends to be cold and dark here so I like leaving outside lights out longer. At the end of the season last year I got an lighted angel that is praying for the outside. This year I bought the store display of two white doves. I have them by the angel and they look perfect there. The angel and birds stand right by the steps to our front door.

:heart:
    Margaret

Way back when, I did deliveries for Canada Post for a little while, and I really appreciated the people who left their lights and things up throughout December and January. My deliveries were usually late afternoon as it was getting dark, and seeing the lights just brightened my day. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

M – when is Australia Day? I’m shooting to get all the decorations down and put away before we go to FL. Hope it happens

January 26th ... but because it's a Saturday this year, we'll get the next Monday off instead.

I have often ended up taking the decorations down that weekend because I've got a bit of time to do it. Last year, I took a summer course, and didn't get my decorations down until early Feb.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    gzteach wrote: »
    Good evening. I’m new here and will try to be a regular. I see there are some Brits in the group, some Americans too?
    I’m trying to motivate myself to get back into an active lifestyle; since hitting my mid fifties I’ve lost my desire to exercise. I’ve put on about 35 pounds and feel very much out of shape. I know all the right things to do and don’t do them. 🥺 Now I’m approaching mid sixties and want to head off avoidable serious medical issues.

I'm a Canadian-Australian. :)
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just lost my message. ...., boy do I need a wide wide learning curve on how to use this myfitness pal. It's a wonder I found my way back. So many neat nooks and crannies. .. I used this app a few years back, it has definitely changed by leaps and bounds

Took a baby step today and had my burger in a lettuce wrap. Forgot to add my calories in. Moving forward.

Loved the color on the mixer one of my favorite colors. Retro I love retro.
    Now I hit post reply and not done😉

I live in Camas Washington.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Went and got the second dose of the Shringix vaccine. I told Vince to do it earlier but he didn’t. Now we got it when he went on Medicare and it cost $168. It cost $0 for me. Oh well….. Then stopped at WalMart to get a few things. Called Lynette to see if they were coming New Years Eve. She said she was busy with Christmas (?) and didn’t have time to email me. It takes that long to say “we’ll be there”. Oh well. Now deciding on the dinner. It think we’ll have ham (I’m not much of a ham eater), corn, mashed potatoes, I know Lynette likes macaroni & cheese, I’ll make a sweet potato for me and broccoli stir fry. I’ll also make a cheese sauce and have that on the side. For dessert I’ll make an apple pie (I’m going to try it again) I know Vince doesn’t like cheese, so I’ll give the rest of the mac & cheese and cheese sauce to Lynette.

Allie – this blended fruit, do you maybe use the baby fruit?

Rori – what is the diameter of that pizza crust? Someone said it was available at WalMart, going to check. Dillon Ice Castles sounds amazing. Have a great time

Katla – I’m with you on the snakes. If one even comes on the TV, I shut my eyes

If it’s raining tomorrow, I’ll do the Reebok Cardio Tone DVD. I believe they’re calling for rain and I have no desire to go out with my big gym bag in the rain. This is the second time recently this has happened to me.

Beth – so glad you were worried for nothing

Okie – I have a cousin who would get sick at the sight of her menstrual blood. Guess what she became? An OR nurse!!!

I gave Denise an Instant Pot for Christmas. When I go up in May I’m looking forward to making yogurt in it. Wonder how it’ll turn out?

OK, I tried putting the Christmas pictures in a spoiler so that they wouldn’t take up a whole lot of room. Yet, when I clicked on “spoiler” all I got was “hide”. How can I get it so that the pictures show up? What am I doing wrong?

Michele in NC
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    gzteach wrote: »
    Good evening. I’m new here and will try to be a regular. I see there are some Brits in the group, some Americans too?
    I’m trying to motivate myself to get back into an active lifestyle; since hitting my mid fifties I’ve lost my desire to exercise. I’ve put on about 35 pounds and feel very much out of shape. I know all the right things to do and don’t do them. 🥺 Now I’m approaching mid sixties and want to head off avoidable serious medical issues.

I use to be a gym rat. Now I truly looking granniesh. I too am new I just wanted to say. 😊
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, Your pictures were all there but the format you used, meant that I had to click on each one individually to see it. They were great.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    When you post a photo, be sure to use the icon that looks like a landscape rather than the one that looks like a piece of paper. Then the photo will show up.
    12ms679s8sab.jpg