WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. we are under new ownership and he hasn't wasted anytime...think he is going to be a micro manager and wants to sit down with each one and have a resume In hand.. I am sunk... like I need this .. when it rains it pours.

I find it helps me to have a good attitude by “presuming good intentions.” Like Machka’s example, it may just be his way of getting to know you. If, indeed, the worst happens, you will at least have a good, updated resume for job hunting. But first, give him a chance and present yourself and your qualities.

I’m going to intermittent fasting with a 14/10 balance. My eating window will be 11 to 8, allowing for some flexibility in that tenth hour. I’ve got to be more accountable, and I’m hoping this boundary will add a layer of structure to my calorie counting. I’m going with 3 simple boundaries: 1. Only eat between 11 and 8. Non-caloric drinks during fasting window. 2. Do not go over MFP calorie max. 3. 10,000 steps per day.

I’ll still shoot for 3 to 4 days of weight training, and 3 to 4 days of cardio but that will just be icing to help me achieve the 10,000 steps and occupy me from thinking about food. I’m not really going low carb but will choose more complex carbs and more fruits and vegetables. I just finished eating for the day. Oh my! This is going to be hard. I’ll have some herbal tea before bedtime.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Don’t know why I have two pictures :s
    Sue
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stats for the day not listed, too lazy, but 997 calories., had I known, I would have burned 3 more lousy calories
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    stats for the day not listed, too lazy, but 997 calories., had I known, I would have burned 3 more lousy calories

LOL! We all have those days! Like crawling into bed then realizing you have 9975 steps, but are too tired to get back up for those last 25! <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Allie - I agree, the new employer might really want to see how he can best utilize his employees. Someone may have a skill that is not being utilized and he would benefit from its use. Keep thinking good thoughts until you have a definite reason to think otherwise.

Shadow has been downstairs a few times today.

Kylia - I'm glad you decided to stay. So glad to hear that things are OK with Aubrey.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kim- you are an amazing woman (((Hugs)))

<3 Mary from Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Allie ... update your resume with ALL of your skills. You may find that the new owner wants to utilize his new staff in the ways that best benefit his office! Chin-up ... you have much to offer!

Vet called back today with our black lab's test results ... all clear except for a slightly elevated liver panel ... which also correlates to the recently discontinued arthritis medication. I'm convinced more than ever the the medication and the hair loss are related ... mostly happy that there's nothing more serious than old age going on ...

I am with Lisa and NY Karen as I sit here with the last episode of heartburn that I will endure this holiday season! Right now, not tomorrow or January 1st ... I'm back at it!

Beth near Buffalo

Yes ... looking over a staff person's resume is a great way to see what you've got to work with. Maybe this person is doing these things currently, but is qualified to advance to those things. And next thing you know, you're on track to take on a higher level position.

I'm glad to hear that your dog is all right ... except for old age.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Kim - So sorry for your brother woes. It's how it affects everyone around him, isn't it. The good thing is, he hasn't got long on this earth. I hope everyone's life will get a bit easier when he is gone, but it is only human to have mixed emotions, especially your mother. You did well to stay calm. I will be thinking of you. Sounds as if you did/will have some fun over the season.

I was thinking of going for a Parkrun this morning on the seafront, but I'm backing out. Cold and dark out there. Not enticing. I will do my exercising with DH and go for a run this pm.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Viv ((hugs))
    Terri "...keep up all year round"? Would you share a pic?
    Kylia glad to see you again. Whew what a whirlwind update!
    Lisa "...and only expressing one of them" Hah! "Now." Bingo!
    KJ thrilled to lose toenails? :noway: Do they grow back? "just get off your ..." :joy:
    Okie when you realize... :grin:
    Michele Ta DAA!
    Allie ditto what Barbie said. New owner probably just wants to get to know his new team. You have filled so many functions for that office, he'll recognize you for the treasure you are.
    Machka the director who went over your updated resume at each annual review gave you a great gift. An ordinary annual task instead of a stress-filled emergency one.
    Beth ditto! Allie will find she has contributed more than she knows.
    Kay "presuming good intentions" Excellent advice for "flipping" the whole dynamic, from fear and reluctance to confident interest.
    Kim :bawling::heartbreak::cry: especially for your nephew.

Welcome jandugan

Too sleepy to share any stories. Maybe tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 18/27, 60 g protein 19/27, rx/vits 21/27, meditate 21/27, knee exercises 21/27, SWSY UP 0/8, SWSY LOW 0/8, core 0/8, play with Tumble 11/27, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 15/27.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Just a quick one, we are all walking around like zombies, (all have coughs/colds :/ ) daughter Heather has not gone to work so I know she is feeling very poorly, she very rarely takes time off she works 365 days a year! Son Paul has gone to work, but he is also under the weather - I'm feeling a bit better today, but feel as if I should be fumigating the house to get rid of the germs :) I hate this time of year, roll on spring!

The hospital called yesterday, dads medication has finally arrived, not sure how we are going him to take the 14 tablets daily, but we will do our best. To be honest he's been a little better not taking the tablets, but I suppose we don't know how it's affecting him inside.

We have nothing planned for the New Year, so I expect it will be quite low key. Are any of you planning any big celebrations?

Viv UK
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Uggghhh…had to get up at 3:30. Usually my routine is to go empty Shadow’s litterbox and she comes to greet me. This morning she just looked up from her bed as if to say “it’s too early to be greeting you”. Looks like the flight is 5 minutes early. Guess that’s one of the advantages to having an early flight…less of a chance for delays.

Kim – I’m so sorry that Christmas was so bad for you. Your poor nephew

We need to leave in about 5 minutes

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka the director who went over your updated resume at each annual review gave you a great gift. An ordinary annual task instead of a stress-filled emergency one.

He was really good. He also encouraged us to keep our resumes updated year round ... not because we were about to be let go, but because it is a really good way to see where we are and where we might want to go with our education and careers.

Plus, with him, it helped us give a basis for discussions about education. We could say, as I did, that I was starting to do a lot more computer work, that I had some computer education but would like more ... and next thing I knew, I was taking night classes paid for by the company. :)

M in Oz

• kymarai
    Options
    I love everyone's advice about the resume. One of the things I LOVE about this group is the support. I have never had a resume.......restaurants and family day care didn't need one. I "fell" into my husband family business. I am thinking it would be a great idea to do one just so I have a visual on my skills.

Michele- have a safe and fun trip!

Kim- Kudos for you trying with your family. I am happy your friends came through. I have had Christmases where i just couldn't get it done. But then the next or maybe the one after that comes together. Have fun with your friends! Give a hug to your nephew.

Viv- Hugs! I have friends that have been sick with something for 6 weeks and moved in that time frame. I keep telling them they need to disinfect everything! Dont forget about your car steering wheel and shifter. Hope you all get to feeling better soon.

Our plans for New Year are nonexistent. Kids not coming, something about teenagers boyfriend and their new puppy. The friends that usually come over are sick. So quiet evening at home.

It is Saturday. Work until 2, then off until Wednesday! I have some goal planning to do both work and personal. Christmas coming down. Clean house to start the year fresh. Decluttering is done, but laundry, carpets, floors, and dusting to do.

Have a day of great choices! Hugs to all, because they make everything better!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • kymarai
    Options
    Bonnie- Nice looking family!

Barbara- sorry it was long, but felt the need to catch everyone up ;) Now I am trying to catch up with ya'll!