edited December 2018
    Options
    YEA...it worked!!! Here are the other three trees

Thanks Barb

Michele in NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    I’m still around. Just not been feeling well. Going to docs having tests. Digestive problems causing flu-like symptoms. Spent Christmas Day in bed.

On a lighter note, snowing here in Roswell. Big change from the 80 degrees on Christmas Day!

RV Rita in snowy Roswell New Mexico

ev9o7y9leiav.jpeg
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I’m still around. Just not been feeling well. Going to docs having tests. Digestive problems causing flu-like symptoms. Spent Christmas Day in bed.

On a lighter note, snowing here in Roswell. Big change from the 80 degrees on Christmas Day!

RV Rita in snowy Roswell New Mexico

ev9o7y9leiav.jpeg

Kevrit I see your in Roswell ....be still my heart. I happen to be from N.Mexico born in Roswell raised in the Valley, my mom Lives in Ruidoso as well as my sister and brother and there families. I'm also part Mescalero, I was just there last summer. It is my land, and my people. How I miss it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    barbie - that didn't work. What AM I doing wrong?

Michele in NC

I love your decorating!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Rori: I like the sound of your winter plans. Have a good time with your DH. :bigsmile:

Tracey in Edmonton: I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having chest pains. They sound worrisome. I’m glad that you’re going to the doctor. :star:

Beth near Buffalo: I’m sorry to hear that your dog has health problems. I hope for good news. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Your KitchenAid Mixer and clock are an amazing color match! Our KitchenAid Mixer is a twin to yours except that it is dark blue rather than light blue. We don’t have a matching clock. It would be fun, though. :wink:

Vicki GI NE: It sounds as though the store manager is a pill. I hope your DH weathers the situation without too much trouble. :flowerforyou:

Michele: I thought I had lots of Christmas Trees, but I think you’re the champion. They’re all beautiful!!! :star:

I’ve been told that those of us with summer birthdays are more vulnerable to day length depression in winter. I’m sure it is true in my case. We have seven Christmas Trees up this year. Five are little fakes, and two are living trees in pots. One of the fakes is also a music box. I’ve had that one since childhood. The rest have been acquired during the course of my marriage. All are lighted except the music box. Having them up during the darkest days of winter does a great job keeping the long dark nights brighter & chases my wintertime blues away.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Hi all! <3
    Loved reading all your news and seeing all your photos. :D
    Michele - You have a BIG house and you really go to town on the decs. :o No wonder you want people there to enjoy them. <3

I am yearning to take down my decs, apart from a few string lights that I like, and get back to my more minimal style. Not minimal enough for me , but I can survive it for DH's sake.

Yes, KJ, I am finding it hard. I was a very unhappy early teenager. A Mixed Up Kid. (Remember those?)
    Yes, we do have a pebble beach. The nearest beautiful sand beach is Littlehampton.

Went out today with my Portsmouth friend to a highly recommended vegetarian restaurant. Well, I can truly say it was AMAZING. :o:DB) Not cheap, but Wow! Definitely going there again. Terre a Terre.Brighton. You can see the menu online. I consumed a lot of calories, but I had done my exercises and we walked around a lot afterwards. I have fish soup tonight, so not too bad.
    DH offered to go out for a curry tomorrow night, but the best Indian restaurant (veggie again) is closed. May try Persian. But I really feel like a HOT curry. :noway:

Nice to see my friend. I am so lucky.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to go pay our taxes. Ugh. Been puttering around getting ready for company.
    SueBDew in TX
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel like a one armed paper hanger these days with the season, shift work and new twin grandsons. Will have more time after jan 7.
    Stay focussed.

Karen
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. we are under new ownership and he hasn't wasted anytime...think he is going to be a micro manager and wants to sit down with each one and have a resume In hand.. I am sunk... like I need this .. when it rains it pours.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. we are under new ownership and he hasn't wasted anytime...think he is going to be a micro manager and wants to sit down with each one and have a resume In hand.. I am sunk... like I need this .. when it rains it pours.

:) Go with a positive attitude. So many people like you. Of course the new doctor will like you, too.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, Your decorations are beautiful. Andy your a fast learner. Now you know how to do the "spoiler". One of the great things about this thread is that when someone asks a question, there are lots of people ready to help with answers.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I know how you feel, my group was outsourced, and the new management team moved me from head cook, I used to order plan menus, etc, last Jan I went in the hospital and was out for 7 weeks, when I came back, they made me a cashier. With no raise as they told me I'm capped out. And it's only business. I was sad, depressed taking what I loved, but I know I will bloom . I do love talking to people and loving people, my deep faith has kept me. I am grateful I still have a job, with benifits medical and a 401 regardless. Sometimes it is still hard to shine. Without feeling betrayed.

Hi ladies, so many wonderful people here, thank you for the friend invites, I wrote a big nice note this morning, and lo and behold, I hit the done button in the upper right again. 😡 I just turned the tablet off did my house work. And moved on knowing I would be back. ....please extend my learning curve😂

I love the Christmas decor, I love the soft lights the glow, the gift of hope in dark times (winter blues). So many wet and cold days. But every day from here the light gets longer😀😊makes me happy.

Now to learn name's glad roll call isn't a must, I see new names to me. Love and prayers to everyone😄
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    hr HIIT today. The PLAN for tomorrow is to do Leslie Sansone’s Walk you Way Slim DVD. See, we have to leave at the un-godly hour of about 5 (yes, a.m.) to pick Jess up at 6:15. I won’t exercise before we leave and I know me, if I don’t do it first thing in the morning, it doesn’t get done. So it might very well not get done. Oh well…

Barbara, did I miss some trees? We have 7 in total. I’m going to have to look at the pictures. I bet I forgot to take pictures of the trees that are upstairs (there are four). I know I forgot to take a pic of our main tree.

We REALLY scaled back on the outdoor decorations. It was so bitterly cold then we were rushing to get them up before the snow came (we got about 10”)

Karen – yes, that is the death star. And the tree skirt lights up so that you see what looks like stars and then two what look like light sabers

We did see some outdoor displays and Vince’s reaction was “guess we have a lot of work for next year”. He’s thinking that even before Halloween if we can get the inside decorated then we can take down the Halloween decorations and work on the Christmas ones

Lisa – love reading your posts. You have such great insight

Kelly – I was disappointed in okie’s “gross”, too. It wasn’t gross. I remember one time I took Bryan to the pediatrician. I said “something’s wrong”. He checked Bryan out, everything was fine but he said “I’ve learned that if the mother says ‘something’s wrong’ something is wrong” and, sure enough something (I don’t remember what) was wrong.

YEA – putting the other three trees in a spoiler worked. Thank you, Barb. I made the tree skirt that’s under the main tree (there’s a train in the background) and the one of the penguins

Colby called last night (remember, he and Jess are in Idaho with his family). They went skiing and she got a migraine. She was disoriented so he took her to the emergency care. They gave her some meds and she’s back at his house. Our theory is that her roommate is now going to school in Nebraska and Jess is worried about getting a new roommate and if not will she have to pay all the rent? Colby said they went to visit Machala (the roommate) so we think this added to the stress. Plus, she’s probably not sleeping well. She’s supposed to come home tomorrow. I know that she usually gets stressed on airline flights so I’m guessing that they’ll give her some sort of anti-anxiety med. She’s not supposed to drive so I’m thinking that she’ll want to spend NYE in Virginia, so Colby will most likely have to drive her to VA and then bring her back. I just don’t think she will want to spend NYE with her parents.

Shadow is exploring the downstairs right now. It’s safe, we’re upstairs which means “those other cats” are upstairs.

Micheller – a friend of mine from grade schooo lives in Ruidoso, or at least that’s the last place she lived that I know of.

Katla – none of our Christmas trees are live trees. Our concern is that one of the cats might climb it (that’s never happened) and get sap on their fur and then rub up against a cabinet. So we just opted to get artificial trees

Went to Lowe’s Hardware because that’s where Vince thought he got certain storage totes only they didn’t have any so went to WalMart. They had them, so he probably bought them there only he forgot.

Michele in NC
    Who will be going to bed early tonight since we have to get up so early tomorrow