Welcome New Members!

Replies

• paulasc326
    paulasc326 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow! I know you must be so proud of yourself. I think you’re doing an amazing job of staying dedicated to making the necessary changes to see the results you desire. I guesstimate that you are well on your way to accomplishing all of your goals. I wish you continued success on your journey.
  • katiep1113
    katiep1113 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, I hope everyone gets the support and encouragement we all need to stay motivated!
  • GrannyKattiPatti
    GrannyKattiPatti Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I'm a noob and, let's be honest here, plan to use you for your stories and successes, to keep me motivated to getting fit! I thank you all in advance. :smiley:
  • W0n3rW0man
    W0n3rW0man Posts: 3 Member
    Good Morning Everyone, I was on MyFitnessPal a few years ago. I did lose some weight and was happy with the weight loss. I stopped using MyFitness Pal and now have gained all the weight back +. So here I am again. I need to treat this and use this app as a lifestyle changer and not just for weight loss. Looking for friends to help me through this journey.
  • villainmckillin
    villainmckillin Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone my name is Jason Kenniston and I have dropped 60 pounds since last year switching to a whole foods vegan diet and using MyFitnessPal in order to make sure I’m getting all the nutrients I need. If anybody wants any help or advice when it comes to a plant-based diet I also am a chef and can help. Just shoot me a message!
  • FeelinFree19
    FeelinFree19 Posts: 1 Member
    hey everyone. seems like im trying this for the 545465405454588 time! but THIS year is the year i will stick with it. about two weeks ago, I started a plant based diet and I lost 5 pounds. I am looking to incorporate more exercise into my day. I am also looking for all tips, motivation, and friends to go along with on this journey!
  • J0nny_B
    J0nny_B Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi all, been using MFP for a few months now and loving it :smiley: I’ve lost 4 Stone 11lbs need to lose 10 stone altogether... not been this focused for a really long time, feel free to follow me, I absolutely love cooking food and I’m always trying new stuff :smile: looking for people on here that are in the same boat as me and always looking for new meals....

I’m in the gym twice a day and go cycling every day weather permitted if the weather is pants I go indoor spinning

Jonny B
  • 11Dawnee11
    11Dawnee11 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone... i'm not really new, I just haven't used myfitnesspal for a really long time, so it's almost like i'm new. :smile:
  • karmor73
    karmor73 Posts: 2 Member
    I just started using MFP again. Need to lose quite a bit of weight. I have been looking to make a fresh start for a while now and just finally made it happen this year because it is long overdue. Looking to lose roughly 65 lbs which would put me in the 170 range. I seem to carry my weight well (lol) as I am tall, but I know where I need to be in order to be healthy and my current weight is not it. I am giving myself roughly 7 months to get where I need to be. I have joined a gym and I'm currently working out with a trainer 3x a week and work out on my own another 2 - 3x per week. I am really trying to go for it. I started this journey January 2nd and have lost roughly 10 lbs. so far. I'm so ready to lose more. I currently don't have any friends on here as I don't know anyone in my circle that uses the app. So open to new connections. Best of luck to all of you!
  • workingmums2018
    workingmums2018 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm a single mum of two children. I had my second child almost a year ago. I have been eating healthy but not seen any of the pregnancy weight come off. it's been three weeks since I've been using MFP and this app is like the light at the end of the tunnel for me. I've been using this app since 10th January and I lost 6.5lbs in three weeks. I discovered I had to control my calorie intake. I've not done any exercise except the general walking and house cleaning around my home. I want to go gym but have no childcare. But I'm happy with these results as I've been advised steady weight loss is easier to maintain. So please feel free to add me as I would love to communicate/interact with anyone on the same journey as me. I'm jolly and easygoing. My diary is open for all to view. Wish everyone success in their journey x
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Hello everyone! I know the struggle is real with losing weight, but we can do it!! :)<3
  • JeanM170
    JeanM170 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello everyone, I realized today that I am hungry all the time. I went to my first monthly nutrition class. Tracking my food, water, and exercise levels with this app. Hoping to get a bariatric surgery in 6 months.
  • shantz2003
    shantz2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Finally committing to giving this app a shot. On keto more looking to trim and get my cardio back where it should be.
  • teezy0387
    teezy0387 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I’m knew here, if anyone don’t mind explaining how to use this app and help me start the correct way that would be great💯 thanks 🙏🏾
  • Hi all! I am gonna give this a go once again. I ususally stop recording after a few days due to time and patience. I know it is a good tool to use. Feel free to add me for encouragement! ALso, does anyone know if you can turn off the auto calculate for exercise against your calorie total. My calorie goal is my goal regardless of exercise. Don't want to go up just because i burned more calories, thanks!
  • Jacmay24
    Jacmay24 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,. I started this last may then my computer died. Now I'm starting again but I have lost about 25lbs since then. I'm walking at least 6 days a week but sometimes 7. I just depends on how much walking I get in during the week. Like today I took my sis n laws dog to the mailbox and back our drive is about 200 feet with the mailbox across the road normally I can walk that and more easy but today it's really really freezing out there so I just walked down to the mailbox and back. I hate single digit weather!!!!!
  • windij
    windij Posts: 4 Member
    Hi All! I started using this app 3 years ago, and lost 7 kgs. But I stopped when I got a work after graduation. I gained a lot of weight in just 2-3 years time due to stress, overeating, too much mobile gaming and not keeping myself conscious about my weight until I felt really terrible about myself... I felt terrible for months, but I did nothing! This is why I started to get some inspirations on youtube, then I came back here after 2-3 years. Currently, I'm on my 1st month and lost 4-5kgs already by calorie counting, and 15 kgs to go. There were days I'm missing to log my meals, that's why I would like to join you guys on your journey so I can also keep myself motivated and not miss any, and hope to inspire you too. I would be really happy to accept you as friends.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    For those who are new and struggling with the app, there are a bunch of how to videos on Youtube that might be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=my+fitness+pal+app
  • TTF1985
    TTF1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, my name is Melissa and I've been on FitnessPal for a few years, but consistently for the last 122 days. I've been on my weight loss journey for a few years, but due to a couple of health scares in 2018, I got serious. In April, I was diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), which is adnormal fast heartbeat. The doctor said that it's not life threatening, but it scared the HELL out of me!!! So, I took baby steps to make lifestyle changes. First, I eliminated food from my diet that are possible causes for a SVT episode; added salt, unhealthy snacks, and caffeine (Starbucks). Then, I started taking my lunch to work, made conscious food choices, and started watching my portion sizes. Next, I started walking every day during lunch. As a result, between April and August, I lost about 25 pounds. Unfortunately, in August I had a set-back with a gallbladder attack and needed surgery. Due to the attack, I was put on a very bland, no fat diet for a month. During that month, I ate between 500 and 700 calories a day. It was rough!!! So was the recovery because I had to have open surgery. I won't bore you with the details. In any case, I lost another 24 pounds. I got back to my walking routine in December and added Yoga and strength training in January. I've got about 35 pounds to go to meet my goal. :smiley: