January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins Congratulations on your 5k! Love the photo, you've got the Eye of the Tiger!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Total of 2.69 miles today. Used my inhaler that I've been neglecting before I started and felt (and still feel) light headed, though I'm not sure if that's what caused it or if I'm coming down with something. The first mile was slow and my legs felt SO heavy, and with my head the way it was, I just decided to cut it short and walk. Well after a few minutes of that, I felt better so I ran another mile which felt okay but not great. Walked the last bit home, changed some layers, left the dogs and went back out for a quick .4 mile loop for speed... slower than the last time I did that but an average 10 minute pace which was nice to see.

My husband who has exercise-induced asthma has to time his inhaler just right before runs or it gives him heart palpitations - at least fifteen minutes before running. I wonder if you were having something similar.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Total of 2.69 miles today. Used my inhaler that I've been neglecting before I started and felt (and still feel) light headed, though I'm not sure if that's what caused it or if I'm coming down with something. The first mile was slow and my legs felt SO heavy, and with my head the way it was, I just decided to cut it short and walk. Well after a few minutes of that, I felt better so I ran another mile which felt okay but not great. Walked the last bit home, changed some layers, left the dogs and went back out for a quick .4 mile loop for speed... slower than the last time I did that but an average 10 minute pace which was nice to see.

My husband who has exercise-induced asthma has to time his inhaler just right before runs or it gives him heart palpitations - at least fifteen minutes before running. I wonder if you were having something similar.

That's why I have mine, as well. I haven't experienced heart palpitations from it, that I can recall, but it was definitely something off. I used it about 10 minutes before I started running, though the fact that I still felt off hours later leads me to think it's an illness rather than specific to the inhaler. Or maybe a combination. ^shrug^ Next time I'll make sure it's been at least 15 minutes before I go out, just in case.