January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Hey im looking at the sign up for my next HM (not till ebd of June) and I see they have merch for sale. Is it worth getting the merch? These seem to be highish end technical shirts and socks (thermatec and drymax)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,644 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey im looking at the sign up for my next HM (not till ebd of June) and I see they have merch for sale. Is it worth getting the merch? These seem to be highish end technical shirts and socks (thermatec and drymax)

Not a fan of Thermatech (haven’t used it but had a good look at it in the shops and it didn’t look that great quality), but love, love, love Drymax socks.

Which half are you looking at?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I have no knowledge of "thermatec" but in general...
    Do you need more tech clothing of the kind they are selling? Is the price they are charging good? Do you have the spare disposable money right now? If so, then yes it is worth it. :)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,428 Member
    noblsheep wrote: »
    I have a question - how does one take half a GU and save the rest of it? (or do you toss it?) I always end up getting it all over

I just open it, take half, and fold up the used end and stick it back in my flipbelt. Doesn't cause much of a mess at all (although I do end up licking my fingers for the next quarter mile or so :D)
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    1-1 Rest
    1-2 7k intervals
    1-3 7k easy
    1-4 Rest
    1-5 7k slow
    1-6 5.5k slow
    1-7 7k easy
    1-8 Rest
    1-9 7k slow
    1-10 7k slow
    1-11 Rest
    1-12 7.5k easy
    1-13 7k slow

January Total: 62k
    January Goal: 100k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen.

Another pretty morning to run. Two inches of fresh snow overnight made some of the footing a bit treacherous, but just slowed down a little and tried to pay attention to staying centered.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    1/1 - 3.02
    1/12 - 2.10 miles - 5.12 miles run