WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I have been reading but just now caught up. Things have been crazy here. We go from 50* to 10* and snow. Two weekends in a row we had snow. First one was 10" the next weekend another 8". We had a warm day in between both that melted the snow. Got about an inch of snow last night, but temps around 46* called for tomorrow and Tuesday. Then yes, joining KY and NC in the Artic OMG! High on Wednesday is -2*. Needless to say, we won't be doing any pickup or delivery of mowers except for Monday. They tend to freeze on the back of the truck! Not healthy for the driver either.

So I am doing well this month. Got frustrated when scale was reading exactly the same thing every day for a full week. I mean, exactly the same thing!!! I even weighed my trash can just to make sure scale was working! I have only missed my water goal one day since Christmas. I believe I have hit my step goal and exercise goals most days. Logging everything. If I can make it to the end of the month I am looking at a 3 # loss for the month. Excited but.....we had dinner out last night with friends for his birthday. Dinner out today with my family for my husband's, my grandson's, and my birthdays. Most likely dinner out again on Tuesday for husband's birthday. My birthday is on Super Bowl sunday again. Not sure if going to friends' house for Super Bowl party, or just staying in for quiet meal at home and commercial watching. This is same friend that caused lots of drama with my girls about my birthday last year. A lot depends on weather as well since I try not to drive in the snow. I am not spending my birthday throwing up from driving in the snow;) Lots of eating out, so water and steps most important. MFP has me set at 1300 calories a day. I am staying close to that. May need to eat a bit more for loss. Will try out next month with eating more of my exercise calories.

Update on Aubrey- Little one is off oxygen for the first time since she was born!!!! She is in clothes! She is such an awesome fighter!cf01ew55khk3.jpg
    She is still in hospital for a while, but we are so proud of her!

Meanwhile0glssxbd76lz.jpg
    Who couldn't love this face!

I agree with so many of you, YOU ARE ALL AMAZING WOMEN!!! From the support given, the sharing done, the tips for everything from eating to dealing with emotions, from births to deaths, from up days and down days! I may not always respond to posts, but know that I read them all! Your sharing touches me every day!

Lisa- I am so happy for your upcoming surgery. I know it is a big deal, but excited for you to be pain free.

Sharon- Such beauty is found in you! Hope your healing is doing well.

Michele in NC- Do you plan what you are going to eat each day or just post when you pluck something in your mouth? Your food diary fascinates me! I see how just a bite or two of something satisfies you. I need to message you about some embroidery stuffs. Will so that soon.

Welcome to the new ladies (at least to me since I missed most of Oct-Dec) I think there are two of you from KY... I am near Dayton, OH. My daughter lives in Independence, KY and is a UK and WKU grad. My MIL is currently selling the farm that they own in Maysville, KY. You live in such a beautiful state!

Healing and peace prayers to all those who are injured, ill, or dealing with either. I have learned things from all of you!

May your day be full of love, laughter, sunshine (even if you have to make your own), and the best choices you can make at the time. We can't redo the past, but we can learn and move forward!

Time to pay some bills and taxes-ugh as well as get paperwork together for accountant.

<3
    Kylia in Sun is shining but man is it cold Ohio

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Barbie: Your comments on knowing what you want to put in the will are right on. We know what we want to put in the will, we just need to get it done and copies sent to both of our kids. :embarassed: Regarding taxes, we also use an accountant. It is worth the money ten times over in the reduction of stress and worry. My husband keeps all the records and it will be hell for me if he passes on before I do. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    M in Oz, I am sorry people close to you downplayed what you were feeling. After I spoke with a therapist, I realized that I had shared in the experience of my husband's illness, and healing. That I survived a traumatic event. That sentence alone gave me permission to grieve, to adjust, and to be empowered. It was like I had been holding my breath for months, and the therapist told me to breathe deep. I know my husband makes light of his experience. But I have another version, the daily stress of him not understanding, or comprehending his life. All while raising a teenager in whatever normalcy I could make. You bet we survived! Any day where I feel my inadequacies, I remember what we all went thru.💗. You, and husband share and live a life of epic triumphs!
    💗Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Yup! Off my cholesterol meds, but doubled my Nexium and Celexa. I tried to get off both but ended up paying in the ER with panic attacks and constant diarrhea these past four weeks. Now dealing with water retention and constipation. Upped my water / liquid intake to half my body weight with one 20 oz bottle of power are zero included in that for electrolytes. Helping. Water weight gone. Constipation is a side effect of keto so upping fiber intake. I take psyllium husk pills daily for fiber, need to add more of a different form that is keto friendly.

RV Rita
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kylia ~ So glad to see Aubrey flourishing and pray it will continue.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

manual treadmill- 13.26min, 142ahr, 154mhr, 1mi= 150c
    arm dip-chin-up assist machine- 17.23min, 5sets of 10ea w/3diff exercises in btwn, 143ahr, 158mhr= 200c
    hoist core machine- 142mhr= 13.05min, 3sets of 10ea with 4 diff exercises in btwn, 120ahr, 142mhr= 119c

total cal 469
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to hold my plank then take the extremepump class.

Sharon – what a wonderful family you have! You must be so proud. Our second home was the neighborhood meeting place, too. I almost never had just my own kids. I’d drive to the house and kids would beat me there.

Heather – your dh sounds like he’s getting worse and worse. Is he on any type of antibiotic? And you're not doing so hot, either

Lisa – have a question for you. Vince just bought some GS cookies (I knew I should have gone to the store in place of him!). Anyway, they had this pricing of 5 for $20. Did the cookies go up to $4.50 a box?

Kylia – what I do is I mark down on a piece of paper what I ate during the day and what I will have for dinner. Then I log it all. Many times I find that I need to eliminate something just so I come under goal. Yes, I have planned what exercise I will do each day and what we are going to have for dinner (the main portion, I add in the veges etc later in the day). You are doing so great, making fantastic choices. Sometimes (like for the past few years for me) we don’t lose weight even tho we’re doing everything right. Basically, that’s our body’s way of saying “you’re at the weight I want you to be”

Rita – way to go girl! You rock

Mary – I’m so sorry you have had such a hard time lately. (((HUGS))) Safe travels!

I’ve been thinking about the shower. Right now I’m thinking that making a diaper ship would be nice. Gotta think more on the favors. I don’t want to make something that looks cheap. But I have ideas, like a bag of Chips Ahoy, something where people can write on a diaper hints for the mom-to-be, a bottle of nail polish with some sort of sticker “10 fingers and 10 toes” (not sure about that one) Maybe some popcorn kernels in a small popcorn container with a saying “she’s about to pop”, maybe a tea bag with a saying “something’s brewing”. I remember they didn’t do any games at the wedding shower so I’m thinking that they won’t be wanting to do any games at a baby shower. What I think would be cute but I don’t know if I can do this since it’s not at a house is make ice cubes and in each one put a plastic craft baby. When the ice melts, someone can yell “my water broke”. But I don’t know how to do that. Wonder if I can ask them to write on the cake “from beer bottles to baby bottles” and have a bottle of each – one on one side and one on the other. Maybe I can put these all in a gift bag with something on the front saying “thank you for coming to Denise’s baby shower”. I saw this apron for the dad and on it says “daddy Duty” and below it says “panic button” “call grandma”. I thought that might be cute for Pete. Denise said that he’s supposed to be at the shower. Well…if he isn’t, she can take the present home to him.

Katla – I told Vince that I do enjoy Newcomer membership, but I don’t enjoy the way I’ve been treated and I really don’t want to work with this “new directory”, it doesn’t have the functionality. So if it comes to it, I’ll just say that in good conscience I can’t use the new directory and if we’re going to use it, I think they need to look for someone else to do membership

Michele in NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husks do have carbs but minus the fiber and it evens out to 1 or 0 net carbs depending on the type and brand you get.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Great day, long day, tiring day! Time for bed. Husband has a stress test in early morning-3 hours!

Lisa- That is so tragic! Prayers for all!

<3
    Kylia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Thanks for the support gals, I will fill 3 of the hours a week with the embroidery business growth. I can fill the rest with gardening no problem, but in working for the YMCA I was getting some benefits – sick time, some taxes and social security paid by the company, and if I fill the time with private clients the benifits come out of my money, and it’s just nice to have someone else pay for it… Additionally over the weekend someone from the park department and I were talking and he said so I hear the Y is leaving, there are a few other groups considering taking over, I asked do you think they’ll keep the garden, he was not sure but felt it was a priority for the park department. I’ll be working on my resume!

Lisa – knee replacement! That’s exciting and quick! Were you able to move over sick time so you can have off the time you need? How sad to hear of your co-worker

Viv – hang in there, vent to us, get support from your friends and try to listen and not judge too much for your mom, mine lives her whole life in denial and really there is nothing to do for or with it. I refuse to validate it – but just let her talk when she wants to.

Tracey – a walking commute is great! Tailor that resume !

Heather – take care of you and DH

Kelly – I want to come to day care! I am so sad to hear about the child who isn’t getting quality/quantity of food that would be good. But so glad he’s with you for a few meals a week. I love the idea of sharing a recipe with the parent, one that he likes and is both healthy and less expensive. I think many of us that have worked with kids have heard a story about food insecurity from a child it’s heart breaking. There is more poverty and food insecurity than many imagine. Some of it comes from not knowing how to cook well enough to make things that stretch a budget, the American dependence on pre-made food (from a restaurant or the grocery store –frozen) has many down sides. Health, budgets, even time together.

Allie – so glad the doctor is saying nice things, you sounded unsure of him at first. Take care of yourself, it’s important to find the way that is best for your body, and it may not be a cookie cutter of a diet plan but a plan with the tweaks that make it yours.

Kim from N. California