April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat and @Elise4270 I love the shirt! And I was just thinking this morning about whether we ever decided to do a virtual group run this year. I could have easily missed something as quickly as these threads move. LOL I think the "hug a runner" challenge sounds like a good idea.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I have new x rays. He was very pleased with the bone growth. I think the articulation of the hip look much better than it had. I’m hoping that alleviates my torn labrum pain.
    iofpcqrlhq3d.jpg
    3hyorgo5wkbj.jpg
    bmw5z4vlcje1.jpg

@Avidkeo if I could pick your brain... is it just me, or is Shenton’s line disrupted by the femoral head? The doc mentioned the acetabulum was, uh a possible surgical fix. don’t think we went into that and I am unclear if he was talking about the other side, which also could be a candidate for the same surgery to help the sciatic impingement by the piriformis. (I’m seriously hoping this is it).
    The left appears to have a normal mckibbins index, +31(acetabular version +14 (+14, 0), femoral +17 (+14,+3) the right (rod side) before surgery, +55 (AV +18 (+17,+1), FV +37 (+27,+10). FV should be +15 post op).

I should really go study for my muscle practical and leave my X-rays alone... ohhh I have the mri cd... hehe! Oh that’s the left not the right, rod side. I have a follow with with both surgeons in a month, i like to get a once over before I see them so I follow and ask better questions. Dh wants me to look at PA school. Meh.. uh Physician Assistant, idk if you have that title there down under. Is New Zealand still “down under”?

Muscles. Go study.

@elise4270 it's hard to say cause about Shentons line cause it follows the bottom of the femoral neck and head, into the public ramai and they are masked by the shielding. From what I can see it looks normal. Never heard of mckibbins index! Cant say I've ever heard of a physicians assistant but it might be another name or done by nurses. And yeah technically we are "down under" though that's almost always just used to reference Australia.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all!

ANZAC day here - I guess the equivalent of veterans day. Have come to the city to go to the movies (avengers, woo hoo) and stayed the night last night in a hotel. Across the road is the Hatea Loop - a shared walking/running/biking track around the river in the centre of the city. Its 4.35kms to do the loop, so I did it 3 times to get 12km run in this morning. It's basically just flat so a nice easy run. Total for the month 141/150!
    hbsuzcl4rbze.jpg

I'm going tonight and am super excited. I'm a giant nerd and it cracks me up that the stuff I was teased for loving as a kid has completely taken over pop culture now.

I am 300 posts behind. I have been running/tapering but not recording here.

I am starting to have SERIOUS panicky doubts about next weekend. I don't know if I have 2 marathons in me. I seriously overestimated my abilities in signing up for this. Someone tell me this is not going to kill me. Ugh.

Upcoming Races:
    5/4 = Wisconsin Marathon (Mittens Challenge Part 1)
    5/5 = Kalamazoo Marathon (Mittens Challenge Part 2)
    6/15 = Fit Foodie 5k

You can and will do this, and it will not kill you!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    UGH! I am such an old-fart. I pulled a muscle SLEEPING. AGAIN. No run for a day or three probably. Good thing I am not training for a Marathon followed by a 50k, right? #grumble

A thought: when I complained to my osteopath about sleeping injuries, he told me that this was almost impossible, bar falling out of bed, and instead I had been injured earlier (accident or overuse) and the night’s sleep had just exacerbated it. You may want to find out what’s really going on.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    UGH! I am such an old-fart. I pulled a muscle SLEEPING. AGAIN. No run for a day or three probably. Good thing I am not training for a Marathon followed by a 50k, right? #grumble

A thought: when I complained to my osteopath about sleeping injuries, he told me that this was almost impossible, bar falling out of bed, and instead I had been injured earlier (accident or overuse) and the night’s sleep had just exacerbated it. You may want to find out what’s really going on.

There is no garrentee I did not fall out of bed or be kicked by my wife... dangerous stuff! :lol:
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, my original goal in March was 80 miles and I ended the month with 101 miles. I'd like to be in for 100 miles again as goal #1 with a stretch goal of 110 miles for goal #2.

We shall see!

April 1 - 5 miles

Miles until Goal # 1 - 95 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 105 miles

April 3 - 3.3 miles. Did some speed work and felt really good.

Miles until Goal #1 - 91.7 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 101.7 miles

April 5 - 3.1 miles
    April 6 - 13.1 miles
    =16.2 miles

Miles until goal #1 = 75.5 miles
    Miles until goal #2 = 85.5 miles

I wanted to see how a few miles felt on drained legs after yesterday's half marathon. The first mile was rough as I worked through some tightness and stiffness, but felt great after that.

April 7 - 3.3 miles

27.8 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) = 72.2 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) = 82.2 miles

April 9 - 3 miles of speed work
    April 10 - 3.16 miles
    = 6.16 miles

33.96 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 66.04 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 76.04 miles

April 11 - 5 miles

38.96 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 - 61.04 miles
    Miles until goal #2 - 71.04 miles

April 13 - 9.06 miles

48.02 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 51.98 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 61.98 miles

April 14 - 8 miles

56.02 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 43.98 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 53.98 miles

April 16 - 3 miles

59.06 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 40.98 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 50.98 miles

Have a 5K on Saturday that I'm running for time, so keeping the mileage a bit lower this week. Still planning on busting out at least 10 miles on Sunday.

UGH! This whole "keep the mileage low so you can race Saturday" sucks. Did a little speed work last night just for the heck of it.

April 17 - 3 miles

62.06 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 37.98 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 47.98 miles

FINALLY after 4 long years of not PR'ing any race distance, it happened today. Wasn't even trying for it, just naturally happened. Old 5K PR was 26:17, new is 25:58.

April 19 - 4 miles
    April 20 - 3.11miles

69.17 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 30.83 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 40.83 miles

April 21 - 7 miles

76.17 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 23.83 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 33.83 miles

Decided to try some slow miles tonight. Ouch. Should have waited until tomorrow.

April 22 - 4 miles

80.17 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 19.83 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 29.83 miles

April 24 -5 miles of speed work

85.17 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 14.83 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 24.83 miles

I know I'll get the first goal.....#2 is going to be a stretch. We shall see!

April 25 - 4 miles

89.17 miles for the month

Miles until goal #1 (100 miles) - 10.83 miles
    Miles until goal #2 (110 miles) - 20.83 miles