WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,830 Member
    Options
    Rita
    That was my highest weight too..I'm down 25 and will keep up with it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    :)Heather, I didn't look at the video of the Shim Sham when you mentioned it, but I just watched a couple of different versions. It looks like fun but too many steps to learn. I admire you for tackling it.

:)Rita, Your story is quite inspiring. I remember when you weren't having success and then you found the KETO plan that you're using now and you've had success and you feel good about continuing with it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

:) Jake started planting his gladiola bulbs today. He is using my plan of working on them for only a short time each day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,898 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,818 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Condolences to you and your family.

Katla - what a relief that Jinny’s colonoscopy was clear. He has been having a lot of issues though so do they have any suggestions for relieving some of them?

Kim - our minds went to the same place on the joint class. Lol. What a remarkable sale day, that would be awesome to attend! Glad you took your Mom in.

Ginger - I love your daily list.

Barbara - Hugs it is difficult being far away in times of need.

Allie - hope your prep goes well.

Lisa - I love long drives for catching up with friends.

Barbie - I love your attitude about husband dancing and golf. I am the same way, I expect a waltz or two when the opportunity arises, but I don’t push it even though the first time I really noticed my husband we were dancing together at a teen dance.

I am getting ready to leave for my election training. It’s a two hour in class course and I did about an hour of online training as well. I am going to be at the registration desk.

I woke this morning hearing my husband talking to someone, I came out as he was hanging up the phone. He got his call back to work! He starts on April 23, this as about 3 weeks earlier than last year. What a relief!

I met with another career counsellor person yesterday that was recommended to me, this company can assist the employer with my wages for the first 10-12 weeks for on the job training. It is a government subsidized program to help people on EI get back to work quicker. The meeting went well and he told me my resume was excellent. He said that it seems a lot of employers have stopped hiring right now waiting for the election to be over.

I just need to be patient.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Katla--Glad to hear DH's test went well. Sounds like you found a gem in the dog caring dept. That always makes things better.

Allie--You can do this, Ijust kept telling myself it will over soon.

Heather--What fun they look like they are having making the village. They are so lucky to have both you and DH so close and to spend time with. I looked up the dance Shim Sham and it looks like a good workout. It would take me a long time to figure out the steps too.

Well weather is starting to cool down and get dark. Storm is on the way. I just hope it gets over and clears up so Friday we can go to my Aunt's funeral. It is about 80 miles. Take care and those in the path of this storm stay safe and warm.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I am going to borrow a word from you and post it on our refrigerator—“FodmapWise.” It is brilliant and may help DH to avoid the temptation to cheat and eat something he shouldn’t. It will also encourage me to be supportive. Thanks!!! :heart:

Snowflake: Thanks for your comments about smokers. The comments help me to feel just a little better. :flowerforyou:

Point of view: I love your use of BLT—bite lick & taste. :bigsmile:

Michele: Thanks for your supportive comments about dealing with a smoking parent. They fit my views perfectly. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Thanks for your encouragement. It helps. :star:

Viv: The exercise you will stick to is one that feels like fun. Everyone has different notions of fun. Yoga and horseback riding are mine. I have friends who love to dance, and others who take long walks. It is all good. The best exercise is the one you enjoy and want to do often. :wink:

Allie: Your foods sound quite familiar. DH was told to avoid red and purple foods. He had yellow jello. Good luck with your testing. :smiley:

(((Machka))) DDIL is a big supporter of Pilates. It helped her save herself from chronic pain. She even became a certified instructor. :star:

Rita: I love your post, and especially this comment, “Never give up! Never surrender! But find changes you can live with forever!” Wise words, indeed. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,743 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ud1war9vvayf.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy!- 7.08min, 13.4amph, 139mhr, 1.58mi= 81c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk/jog- 30min, 126ahr, 154mhr, 2mi= 262c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, windy!- 5min est., 142mhr, 17amph est, 1.47mi= 75c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy!- 13.48min, 13.3mph, 148mhr,3.05mi= 145c
    jog sta 2 wrk, slow- 4.53min, 9.40min mi, 149mhr, .50mi= 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta, Windy!- 4.53min, 9.40min mi, 151mhr, .5mi= 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 13mph winds!- 19.08, 8.2ammph, 152mhr, 2.61mi= 210c

total cal 891
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Long day. A lot of busy stuff at work. Church dinner tonight, carry in. Pieced together a dinner and had to guess on some of the calories- ate small portions of a couple of items. Since I had lots of steps in today (611 exercise calories) and had a very small piece of the homemade carrot cake (a personal weakness). Going to leave some of the calories on the table. While I think I was fairly accurate, don't know for sure.

Another busy day tomorrow, but will be off early on Friday.

Thanks to all for your sharing today.

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did The Firm Fat Burning Cardio Toning DVD. Not bad but I thought there would be more cardio. Oh well…it’s a good band DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to try doing Stephanie Vitorino’s Body Target 60 DVD. I had trouble with it once before, hopefully, this time I won’t.

We’re going to the Newcomer general meeting, but getting there late purposely.

Kim – and here I was thinking I was the only one who thought that about the “joint class”!!! Glad to know that I’m not the only one

Vince wants to come home right after the general meeting because we have a phone conference with our financial advisor. The weather is getting nicer and I’d like to try doing something out by the pool. See, I like doing things a little at a time, Vince likes to do everything at one time. Maybe today I can clean off the crud from the sides of the pool. That doesn’t take long, but it’ll just be one more thing that’s done. At least that’s the way I look at it. Update: I did clean it off and got some more leave out of the pool and spa

Irish Terry – I’ve been able to wear sandals, too. Admitted, I’ve had to wear pants --- but it felt so good to have sandals on!

KJ – What a shame for you that you can’t see Joaquin! My heart breaks for you. I have a feeling that once Denise has the baby, she won’t want to come here. Too much work

Oh, it feels so very good not to have any worries about the general meeting, not to have to get the people to bring the snacks, not to have to call the people to remind them to bring the snack, not to have to call the place to remind them, not to have to clean (before and after), not to have to go early to set up. Just to be able to go and enjoy. How great can things get???

Went to the general meeting. They seem hell-bent on going to this new website and the gal who is supposed to be doing membership seems to be going along with this. I told her that if she was successful in having them go to an outside source, I would be more than willing to work with her on a welcome email/packet. It seems Carol has made up a welcome packet. My guess is that Sandi told her that there wasn’t one. Now I find out that Sandi took two applications. How am I supposed to put them on the mailing list? Wouldn’t surprise me if Carol told her to take them because the guy who had them was going to give them to me but gave them to Sandi. I still care and I know that I need to let it go. I need to get more involved in something else.

Am supposed to go later this month for a checkup on my ear. The problem is that they text me to confirm the appointment and I very seldom look at my texts. Fortunately, this time I just happened to see them but if I hadn’t, they might have given my appointment to someone else. So I asked them to take my cell phone number out of their system. Supposedly they did, I guess we shall see next year.

Lala – welcome!

Finished my Winnie the Pooh at ceramics tonight and spot-fixed the turtle so they can re-fire it tomorrow. Will pick them up Monday. Then stopped at Publix to get farmer’s cheese. A friend invited us to her house, she’s from Poland, I believe her husband is, too. I’m thinking that I’ll make a few pierogi. I made cookies for the new neighbors next door so I froze some to take with me.

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Made it to page 17. Lots going on. Hope to catch up tomorrow.
    SueBDew in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather <3 Model Villages