WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Thank you again for all your support. I plan to start writing a rough draft once I get a good night's sleep. Still gathering info from social workers and his case manager.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was resisting going for a run all day, even dead heading the front garden instead. Eventually got out of the house about 15.40. Did my 5k, despite feeling c**p. Totalled 1,030 calories burned altogether for the day. :D It was a struggle though with no DH to cheer me on. The weather was beautiful and loads of people were out and about. The Easter Holidays have started.
    I felt I had to do it because I was comfort eating without DH there.
    I did cook a fabulous cabbage, sauerkraut and kielbasa stew in the IP. Microwaved it for DH when he came in. He was delighted with it.
    Must do some writing tomorrow.
    Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    ok im having a bit of a freak out, have had my neighbors keys to start her car for the last couple months and I can't find them anywhere.. I hang them on the key hanger and they arent there, not in my purses not in my jackets.. I will have to buy this poor woman a key and a new garage door opener.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Every photo you have shown contains beautiful people. You are blessed as I am sure to count you as one of them.

Katla & Allie ~ Glad to hear the the colonoscopies Katla's husband and you had turned out well. One of my college friends passed away with colon cancer last summer. It remains a sad thought in my mind.

Heather ~ I am sorry that you have problems when your DH is not there. I know it can get lonely. When my husband was doing his monthly antique shows, I really did not like those long weekends.

Bought a walker for my upcoming surgery today. This is getting expensive... :s Put the hospital's estimated fee on my charge card...the first charge I have made in over a year and this did not include the dr's services. Hoping my other knee can wait a while.

We are going to the BnL's rehab place tomorrow to hear about his discharge. Since we still have no power to help in any way (except to carry him to appointments and be there), I hope the case worker can get it across to him that he needs to appoint someone to manage his affairs. He is so secretive and stubborn. Even though he has been diagnosed with dementia, he still believes he can handle everything.

Welcome to all the new posters and healing thoughts for those who need them!

Carol in GA
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to your son. I do think you should consider speaking to a lawyer. Many people with mental illness can't rationalize what "following orders" is to them. Tasing seems like excessive force to me.

Vickie - I'm so sorry about your aunt. Thoughts for peace and comfort for your family.

My mom gave me a scare this morning. She had a mild stroke 2 months ago. She called me this morning to say she had a severe headache and her blood pressure was up. We got to the hospital and is was 220/100. They gave her IV medication, and it began to drop. Repeat CT scan of her head showed no new evidence of a stroke or aneurysm, thank goodness!!

Happy news...I'm down another 2 pounds. Not so happy news...I just ate a dinner that probably was the poorest nutritional choice I've made in 2 months. Too much going on this afternoon.

Connie in KY
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Allie - Breathe That key did not get up all on its own and walk away! and probably no one broke into your place and stole just the neighbors car key LOL :D You'll find it, probably somewhere weird like the fridge!

Smiles Kim in N. Cal
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    Well I sure hope I find them....
    On a happy note..my DFIL finally ate something tonight ..almost 4 days without solid food..Tom got 2 milkshakes in him one with meds in it,I came and gave him 2 ice creams ,and I got a whole bowl of mashed and gravy in him and potato soup.whooo hooo.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    :) I've been watching the British Baking Show on TV and enjoying the people and the amazing things they bake. I am reminded of Heather whenever they name an ingredient that I've never heard of because of all the amazing things she prepares.

:) I'm being very careful with what I eat but when Jake suggested going for frozen yogurt I accepted the invitation. It's important for me to do things with him. I had a small portion and enjoyed it and was glad that this was a dance day so I burned extra calories this morning.

:)Allie, relax. You will find that key soon in some unlikely place.

:)Connie, One bad meal won't derail your good work. Just get back to your plan and all will be well. Sorry about the scare with your mom. The last time I had a scare with my husband's health, I grabbed a meal at Jack in the Box on the way to the emergency room rather than going hungry.

<3 Barbie in beautiful NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Debbie Sebers Slim in Six DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class.

Margaret – (((HUGS)))) What more can I say???

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room, then we want to cut the grass. Tonight is Newcomer bowling. The next session will be the last one.

Allie – get better fast

Was pretty warm last night. I even put on my shortie pajamas and Vince turned on the a/c

Allie – it’s a good thing they’re keeping an eye out on your colon. Perhaps your FIL can take like an Ensure to be sure he’s getting the needed nutrients, vitamins, etc.

Janetr – what a lovely gd you have there!

Connie – so glad for your mom and you. Congrats on the weight down.

Michele in NC
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Catching up on old posts from 4/8…...
    @Katla49~ Thanks for the welcome. There are so many in this group. I hope to get to know some. Somedays I have more time to read/chat and it helps me stay focused.

@coastalgosgal~ Rebecca hugs for you and your son.

@MariMcKeon & lisa196922~ I can usually curb my snacking with some protein sweets that I make at home. My favorite go to is what I call a No Bake Fake
    Thoroughly mix together the following:
    3 cups oats
    5 scoops of chocolate protein powder
    1 C of water
    1T Hershey’s Dark cocoa
    8T peanut butter powder
    1tsp vanilla

Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick pan spray. Put the mixture into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit overnight. Cut into 16 squares. 131 calories depending on your protein powder.

@MariMcKeon~ brag away! You must feel great. And kudos for getting to the gym and using a trainer. Yeah you!!

Was hoping to chat longer, but just tuckered out.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.10min, 13.2amph, 133mhr, 1.57mi= 75c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 20min, lvl2, 4resist, 114mhr, 129ahr, 1.02mi= 187c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.28min, 129mhr, 16.3amph 1.48mi= 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.07min, 11.4mph, 136mhr,2.87mi= 128c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.21min, 9.55min mi, 143mhr, .54mi= 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta windy- 4.43min, 148mhr, 10.03min mi, .46mi= 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- windy and misty- 21.27min, 7.3amph, 140mhr, 2.6mi= 200c

total cal 752
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    <3<3Margaret <3<3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    tlth2003 wrote: »
    The 19/5 intermittent time restricted eating plan is a helpful tool for me.

What is 19/5?

I follow 19/5. As mentioned, it’s also known as intermittent fasting. I “fast for at least 19 hours and only eat during a 5 hour window. Since the first of the year, I have lost a little over 20 pounds by restricting the times I eat, focusing on better nutrition and moderate exercise.

Beth

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Thursday, April 11th
    ✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (33g)
    ✖️2. Fiber 25g. (19g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (40 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Slept in late today. Feeling good.
    • Exercise: Got 40 minutes by doing some fast paced housewor. I got reslly swaety so I’m counting it. Didn’t hit the 5000 step mark. Started too late today. Opted for gearing down to get ready for sleep.
    • Eating deadline. Just a late day all around and i didn’t feel like eating. Iit was probably 9pm when i had supper.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. In bed by midnight. Haven’t given up my iPad yet.
    • Bright Spot today: Lazy morning dozing in bed catching up on rest from the night before. And, i didn’t drink any coffee today. Plus dropped another 1 lb.+
    • Today I’m grateful for: My comfortable ASICS sneakers. Pinterest with its endless idea content. Encouraging Facebook groups keeping me energized to stay on top of my chores to knock them out quick.The 2 minute relax mode on my Fitbit. Barkeepers Friend for helping me keep things clean around here.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Plan to go visit Dad (92) tomorrow.
    -- Ginger in Texas
    0i8x290zdy7a.jpeg