Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,745 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.07min, 13.5amph, 131mhr, 1.60mi= 86c
    apple watch- 60c
    ELIPTICAL- 42min, variety program, 121mhr, 107ahr, 5610strides, 3-10incl, 3-9resist, 3.79mi= 311c
    apple watch- 295c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.03min, 17.3amph, 134mhr, 1.48mi= 64c
    apple watch- 40c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.10min, 12amph, 146mhr,3.04mi= 146c
    apple watch- 112c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.03min, 131ahr, 145mhr, 10.25min mi, .50mi= 74c
    apple watch- 58
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.12min, 9.18min mi, 149mhr, .45mi= 108c
    apple watch- 83c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDDY!- - 20.43min, 7.5amph, 146mhr, 2.59mi= 234c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 1019
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a rebounder DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Power Yoga DVD. This is a new one for me, so we shall see how it goes

Sharon – your dad certainly has a “Cary Grant” look. Isn’t it amazing how things have changed?

Barbie – is there a reason they take the xray of your root canal? I’ve never had one taken of mine

Margaret – (((HUGS)))

JR – JR is adorable!!! The way we were abused, isn’t it any wonder that we’re alive (having to get up to change the television channel)

Pip – how did you do that??

Jess gave me this starfruit jam for Christmas. Just today I threw it out. Shhhh..don’t tell her, but I really don’t need all that sugar. But I did like the jar that it came in

Tracey – fingers crossed for you for that interview

Katla – I hope your dream comes true, too.

Michele in NC

my ankle got stuck between the pedals, and there you go
  • pipcd34
    Options
    oh on the elliptical machine. something I don't use a lot
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Michele-Medicare does not pay for Silver Sneakers. Your supplement may or may not pay for it. When you get to that stage, check our if the supplement you choose will pay for Silver Sneakers. You c@n take other classes as well.
    Had a date night and went to our club for dinner.
    SueBDew in TX
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    May 2019 answer Https://eligibility.com/medicare/programs/silver-sneakers Depends on which Medicare provider you chose .Well goodness you think they would all cover it foooey on them! https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/faq/what-is-silversneakers/
    I’d call and ask by what I’m reading some Insurances are dropping it others - cover it. Their changing what they cover so much the gyms will know in your area. Some states with a certain Medicare cover it others don’t. My Aunt in Texas has Medicare She’s in Silver sneakers but read found another Aunt same coverage is not since December! So who knows who’s right I’d call Medicare or your local gym. They got it all messed up like everything else they touch since Washington lol.
    Texas Amber

Made tuna now hopefully bed JR wants to live on the potty I’m exhausted.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @KetoneKaren - my nephew has had a yes, he does/no, he doesn’t diagnosis of Asperger’s for years. For the record, I’m pretty sure he does. I was in my late 30s when my therapist suggest I get evaluated. The decision for me was very borderline. I’ve since learned that girls seem to have better coping mechanisms because we are taught to be social, but boys aren’t. It was nice to finally understand why I had some of my quirky behaviors. I imagine your grandson will have similar feelings.

Hang in there and keep up the great work!

Connie in KY
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,818 Member
    Options
    Katla - I so hope you get to take your trip. I’ve been on here for over a year and haven’t seen you mention seeing your children and grandchildren that must be so hard.

Katie - that sounds like a nice program you are trying.

Barbie - I walk to sporadically to see the same people out and about, maybe I need to get more scheduled.

Evelyn - believe it or not I actually know a lot of small town locations in Alberta and Manitoba because I use to have to schedule audits/mystery shops at different small stores throughout the two provinces.

Sharon - Wow On the weight loss! When is your Granddaughter’s wedding?

Beth - I’m hoping my husband cuts some trees down this weekend too. We have two cedars that are dead and some other one on the middle of them. I don’t envy you having to clean up that “crime scene”. I don’t know that I could handle that.

Karen in VA - what an incredible accomplishment for your Grandson, he must be quite proud of himself with those marks. It’s probably hard to hear about the Autism diagnosis but so much easier to know how to move forward with the knowledge. What a Blessing you were able to do the teaching this year.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Beth, oh dear, you and your poor dog.... and your poor bathroom..... You are clearly made of sterner stuff than I am, I suspect my first thought would be to move, or burn the house down, possibly both! I do hope everything gets cleared up quickly!
    Karen in VA, major congrats to your grandson! I know how upset you were at this time last year and I can only imagine just how proud you are of him this year! Must be a relief to finally have a diagnosis, I know the autism spectrum can be a challenge, but at least with a diagnosis there are coping mechanisms that can be learned and taught. In fact, I think you were already teaching him coping mechanisms and using some yourself. And good for Gramma Meany for making him do the extra work, clearly it paid off big time! (also happy to hear that your son is embracing the autism diagnosis)
    Pip, OUCH! That's just such a tender spot.... hope you heal quickly!
    Sharon, MIL was in care for about 2 years, not counting the time she was in the hospital beforehand (she had fallen, hit her head, broken her wrist and had a small brain bleed - it was the final push down a slippery slope for her) We actually figured she was probably in the best health she had been for a long time as she was eating regularly, taking her meds and wasn't smoking, but I guess the damage was already done. She had her 89th birthday in Nov, so pretty good run.
    Off to bed with me! I've been putting it off for about an hour now! Morning will come too early and I do have to go to work! lol
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Evelyn: So sorry about you MiL. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Margaret: your son is fortunate to have you in his corner. The genetic testing Beth suggested might be a good idea.
    Pip: Ouch!
    Michele: I have several jars of my own jam in the store cupboard. DH loves homemade jams/jelly, but he has cut down since he became more health conscious. I used make several kinds every autumn, and to we would go through a lot, but now I don't make as much, and I mostly gift it to my elder girl and her boys. I still have the odd teaspoon full on a piece of toast from time to time.

☘️ Terri in N Ireland
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- My husband and I walked 2.8 km to and from a get-together to talk about WordPress and then went for a bicycle ride. :)

Distance: 16.62km
    Elevation: 119m
    Moving Time: 1:00:46
    Elapsed Time: 1:02:59
    Speed: 16.4km/h | 27.4km/h

48022982666_a7827fa4be_c.jpg

48022982841_068c54cec0_c.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2019
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rita ~ Beautiful Photo!

Went to the gym for the first time. You get a free visit with a fitness trainer and I really regret scheduling it. He tried to sell me on hiring him to work with me. I just wanted someone to show me how to use the machines. I will make myself go back on Monday, but, I feel like today's visit left me wanting not to go back. Now, I don't know how to set any of the machines and feel lost. Suggestions from any of you would be appreciated.

Carol in GA

I would go back and ask someone at the front desk to show you how to use everything. Explain that a fitness trainer took you around, but didn't show you what you needed to know.

Then, when they show you around, be sure to ask questions. :)

Even though I trained with an amateur bodybuilder for a couple years, and have been going to gyms since I was in my late teens, I still ask to be shown around a new gym.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2019
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    DH got a phone call last night from the care facility where his mom was. I say was as she passed at 5 am today. The call last night was to say that she wasn't doing well, labored breathing, running a temp.... So this morning's phone call was not unexpected, although it's still sad. Oh well, we shall carry on. Her final arrangements are all taken care of (we had to get the ducks in a row when she was admitted to the facility.) And yes, we paid for it all as she has/had no money.

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

{{Hug}}

evie1958 wrote: »
    Tracy, younger son is in Roblin Manitoba. It's an itty bitty town near the border with Sask, the nearest "larger" center is Yorkton, Sask, it's 45 min away.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Life is strange sometimes.

After not even thinking about Yorkton for years, all of a sudden it's come up in conversation twice in about 2 days!

The first time was in a conversation about the movie Jaws and then again now!

Why Jaws?

For me, Yorkton is the Bermuda Triangle of the Canadian prairies. My ex-husband and I lived in Winnipeg and my family lived in Alberta so we travelled back and forth across Saskatchewan a number of times. Going via Yorkton was the shortest route so it was the one we used ... at first. But for some reason, if anything bad was going to happen on the route, it happened in Yorkton!! The car broke down there. Blizzards blew in and roads closed around us when we got there. A freak dust storm stopped us there.

The night that the blizzard blew in ... we crawled into Yorkton and after having spent a rather frightening couple hours getting there decided to stay the night and start again in the morning. The only place available was a horrible little motel with one room left ... the room that had a door that didn't close. Well, it closed but sure didn't lock or stay closed. It kept blowing open. So I stayed up quite a while and watched TV ... I couldn't sleep with the door blowing open at random. And what was on TV? A Jaws marathon. That was all I could get! No, I didn't watch it all. I got part way through it and decided that enough was enough. It wasn't a great night.

After a few episodes like that, we finally started driving around Yorkton. :lol:

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I am up having my tea.. not feeling great.. think I have either a bladder or kidney infection... will call the on call today to see if they can prescribe something.. want to nip it in the bud..
    It is supposed to be a spectacular weekend here.. and me I have no plans..so will come home and do laundry and hang out with my pup.. and chill on my patio if it isnt to hot..
    I have befriended Elena ,Toms girlfriend so that it will make it alot easier to deal with things.. I forgave Tom a long time ago and have moved on.. I love his first wife dearly and we are great friends...
    I bought freeze dried meal worms and put them out on my retaining wall early while I have my tea.. so I can still enjoy the birds.. and dont get flack from other residents...
    My DFIL was a hoot last night and cracking himself up.. and ate well.. love to see him like that, we take the good with the bad daily..
    Yesterday Mary called out because a pipe burst somewhere between the road and the house and her basement flooded,poor thing... but I was left to my own up front and it is a 2-3 man job.. I explained this to the Dr..he is a micro manager and wants everything just so, I told him ,Dr P Mary and I are doing the best we possibly can..you have her working on a project that takes all her time, but both of us have to greet patients, take payments, make appts,answer phones ,plus I have to confirm patients,for following day,check all insurances and eligibility for the next day or 2 ahead... we have lost quite a few patients because of the shenannigans of the other 2 office managers and the change of ownership.. he wants a full schedule.. have also explained to him that this is a small town with 3 other offices , and if something goes down ,people talk .. we have gone over the unscheduled list and called numerous times to no availe, he wants the hygienists to punch out or leave or come in late , if they dont have patients, he also is only paying us for 4 holidays and only 4 days vacation and no sick time..He said when he bought the practice nothing would change...
    The stress of this job is making me sick.. I got a second call from Sarasota Hospital , and I have to figure out what I am going to do..
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Saturday -- My husband and I walked 2.8 km to and from a get-together to talk about WordPress and then went for a bicycle ride. :)

Machka in Oz

Regarding WordPress ...

I've got my own website which I've coded from scratch in HTML. That's OK, and I don't mind using HTML, but it does take time which I don't have.

So I've decided to move it all to WordPress. I'm not 100% keen on using a package to do something I can do, but it should be quicker and easier to make updates when I need to.

Today, my husband and I went to a WordPress group and I got some good tips on how to go about making the change.

After I write my final exam next week for the course I'm in, I'll start working on this WordPress project.

Oh, incidentally, if I haven't mentioned it ... I write a final exam next week in Network Security.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    Options
    ☘️