WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Ginny if them 20 yr olds can go swimming all sizes in string Y I mean string bikinis! Looks like buns floss . We can all wear what we want since we’re more conservative than them by far.
    Amber Tx
    I go without a bra just a T-shirt at home too old too many hot flashes to care if a neighbor looks in our window or peers into the backyard that’s their fault if they go blind seeing me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,219 Member
    Options
    Son passed the eating test so now on soft foods. I had bought some coffee for me and it quickly became his. So glad he was up for it. He walked the hall and sat in a chair for two hours. He is able to tell us now what he wants and doesn't want. Tremendous progress. They will be moving him back to the psych ward. I did ask about genectic testing. Said not covered by insurance. If it will help I will pay for it. I will also come and stay in psch ward with him like I am here in intensive care during visiting hours. I think having me and husband present makes a big difference in the care he is getting. I know it will get him out of here sooner and his prognosis will be better too. Another voice to ask questions and make sure they are giving the best care is important. I also think the staff appreciates it too. Helping son eat makes me think of you Allie and how you help you DFIL.

Thanks again for all your support. <3<3<3

Yes ... I've been the voice in my husband's situation.

:heart:
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Bike Ride
    I’m not really sure how to determine calorie burn. I have an ebike, peddle assist. I do peddle relatively hard most of the time. I went 32 miles in 3 hours. So I calculated it at 2/3 the time for a leisurely bike ride. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

I go with 100 calories for every 5 km. So you did about 50 km ... I'd go with 1000 calories. If you feel you used pedal assist for 1/3 of it, I might reduce it to 650 cal.

The 100 calories for every 5 km roughly matches Strava ... and also MFP when I choose a "light" option.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Margaret – so glad your fall wasn’t worse. Get better fast

Pip – really the only time I wear a HRM is when I do spinning. Usually I can tell when I’m out of my zone, but I find that it is so very easy for me to go out of my zone when spinning.

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    danna love new hair cut
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, that was an amazing swim meet video! She's as regular as a side-wheel paddle boat!

Oh dear, Machka! I laughed and laughed at that cartoon! It reminds me of the good old Far Side cartoons! Just that wry down-to-earth sensibility. Pulling no punches.

Pip, I'm sorry Winkle is having issues. You two have taken excellent care of those dogs, it's plain to see. I hope you get to enjoy his company for a long while yet.

I lost a larger post, but am tired after an evening swim with DD and DGS. I often forget to post casual exercise like that. Glad I remembered tonight.

Sleep well, everyone, and dream only good things.

Sharon Nearly Asleep Near Seattle
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 59.5 stable, not losing...
    -2. log all
    -30 min exercise
    - 4. five minutes meditation
    maybe 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    - 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    - 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    - 10.average 1100 calories net,

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all: -
    • Exercise: meeting friend for walk at park at 10 am
    • 1100 calories net average:
    • Long term writing 2h : more or less
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project (from June 1 to June 10,):maybe
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: yes on Monday

Grateful :
    1. my corrector
    2. my friend who likes to go for walks on Sundays
    3. Sunny morning light coming in window.

59.66 average the week up to June 1, 59.43, lol .22 k loss in 8 days, or about half a pound. very slow, not very steady.

I've been dragging all week physically.
    when I get out of bed I want to go back to bed after shower.
    Haven't tidied last 2 days and home is in disarray
    Writing is coming along. I really didn't know if I'd make it.
    I need to send 8 more pages. Have 4.5 partially done.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Heather – thanks for the update on Penny

Pip – the pictures are great sending hugs for you Kirby and pup! It is hard to have them age…

Terri in Ireland - So your DH is a typical guy!

Well I sat down to catch and write abit but 2 hours later… and I’m caught up – I’ll write a bit tomorrow.

Kim from N. California
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I don't really diet per se but my instinct would be to eat more.

@Snowflake1968 thanks. you have good discipline. It sounds like you are enjoying the fix up work somewhat.

@auntiebk awesome that you are able to read so much. I just skim most of the time.nice about taichi
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I really, really, really need to tidy today.

meeting a friend in 2 hours for little walk in park. would be good to have breakfast and tidy up for an hour before then.........

too much screen time. everytihings on screen these days...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sunday -- My husband and I got out for a decent ride this afternoon. :) It's great to be able to ride outside during winter like this! It was lightly overcast, 11-12C, and very light wind.

Distance: 27.14km
    Elevation: 171m
    Moving Time: 1:31:20
    Elapsed Time: 1:40:06
    Speed: Avg: 17.8km/h | Max: 29.9km/h

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    morning my lovelies~
    I am up and having my tea, will do a quick run to Walmart in a bit for a few things go feed my DFIL, and then come home and start cleaning...
    I haven't called back Sarasota .. I would have to fly down for an interview and haven't really had a long think about it..
    I would have to sell the condo and move down there and with Capital gains I don't know if that is even possible.. all my friends and family are here.. but I definatly have to find another job..