When Peter shows up uninvited

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    If I had a "Peter" i would not call it that. I would probably call it Francis.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

because he needs to lighten up?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,740 Member
    Sometimes the best response is to ignore it completely, not acknowledging it all and ending the conversation. The complex that the sender gets from that then becomes of his own insecurities.

I like this, but maybe keep the conversation going without acknowledging receipt. If he asks, deny it was received and he can wonder about where that picture may have gone.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    slessofme wrote: »
    Sometimes the best response is to ignore it completely, not acknowledging it all and ending the conversation. The complex that the sender gets from that then becomes of his own insecurities.

I like this, but maybe keep the conversation going without acknowledging receipt. If he asks, deny it was received and he can wonder about where that picture may have gone.

This wouldn’t work for me. It would feel like playing games and that makes me uncomfortable.

If it were a stranger I would just block contact and delete or junk box it as evidence in case he escalated.

A friend who made a faux pas would get a warning most likely.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    When Peter shows up uninvited....don't do Dick.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

because he needs to lighten up?

Sgt Hulka?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,740 Member

This wouldn’t work for me. It would feel like playing games and that makes me uncomfortable.

If it were a stranger I would just block contact and delete or junk box it as evidence in case he escalated.

Valid point.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Honestly I think alot of guys who do this are expressing theyre frustration of a lack of a sex life this way so they are just like *kitten* it throwing up a hail mary which will more than likely not be caught.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

I'm too old for games.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I keep expecting this thread to go in a weird way and surprisingly, it really hasn't. Well played, Internet.. but I still don't trust you. :no_mouth:
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    If I had a peter, aka Francis, I would probably dress it up and show it to all my friends.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    If I had a peter, aka Francis, I would probably dress it up and show it to all my friends.

Tea Parties ?

Games of Twister ??

• your_future_ex_wife

Princess Grace likes playing dress up from time to time
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member

Princess Grace likes playing dress up from time to time

tenor.gif?itemid=4186205
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2019
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I also think its hard to send those kind of pics on MFP....no? Dont you usually need Instagram, or Snapchat or something like that? I dont have any other social media other than here. Anytime i have been asked to send such a pic its because they gave me another way to send it.....or i simply said no i cant.

Usually, it is done through normal texts. Using Apps is newer and more cloak n dagger, which allows for secretive license.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    I also think its hard to send those kind of pics on MFP....no? Dont you usually need Instagram, or Snapchat or something like that? I dont have any other social media other than here. Anytime i have been asked to send such a pic its because they gave me another way to send it.....or i simply said no i cant.

Usually, it is done through normal texts. Using Apps is newer and more cloak n dagger, which allows for secretive license.

so, the cool thing about snapchat is that you can set a timer on the pic so it disappears quickly making it harder to screenshot AND you are alerted if a screenshot is taken. Of course there are workarounds.

Instagram autodeletes photos taken in app but not ones that are attached. I don’t know much about the different settings because ive never really played with them.

But yes, if there is trust and/or you don’t mind your photos being saved, text works fine.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member

so, the cool thing about snapchat is that you can set a timer on the pic so it disappears quickly making it harder to screenshot AND you are alerted if a screenshot is taken. Of course there are workarounds.

Instagram autodeletes photos taken in app but not ones that are attached. I don’t know much about the different settings because ive never really played with them.

But yes, if there is trust and/or you don’t mind your photos being saved, text works fine.

Something about Snapchat seems shady to me.

• your_future_ex_wife
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Something about Snapchat seems shady to me.

because it can be used by inappropriate ages and to keep secrets.