WHY do people CHEAT?

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Then suddenly everyone becomes an expert on behavior science.

how so?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I agree with most of the article posted. In my experience things have happened that way right on queue, 2-3 year in and I'm bored. Nothing lasted longer than 5 years and that's with a few years tossed in trying to save it. I was in one poly relationship for a short time but it came down to someone breaking ground rules and now it's cheating. Meh. I really love the idea of monogamy but I'm not sure about it, same as poly relationships. There's a time when being exclusive feels good and secure and a time where it feels like prison. I also get hella jealous so I'm not so sure about sharing. Human relationships are difficult and that's why I'm going to go live in the woods. goodbye. :wink:

I agree with all of this, but odd thing is? I very rarely ever get jealous. My jealousy isn't the problem, it's apparently the lack thereof that seems to be a problem.

I don't do possessiveness and someone wanting to explore and be with other people doesn't offend me. In the past, it might have, but my relationship is as such now that if they wanted to go be with another partner, as long as they don't bring home diseases, drama or babies, I'm okay because I know that that person will come back. We're happy (mostly) together and I have encouraged my SO to explore (if he wants to), but he tells me he's not interested. **shrugs** But at least he knows the option is there for him if it changes.

But yes.. ALL relationships with people are hard, even friendships. Ugh.

i thought i grew out of being possessive/jealous but turns out i just dgaf at the time

i hate it, it’s the worst feeling

i’ve been wondering if it’s possible to outgrow it. if it serves a purpose. if it can be used for good

I kinda doubt it.

others would argue 'yes'....

but humans can argue about most anything.

i feel like you’re trying to bait me 😂❤️

... no more than usual. B)<3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    maybe people cheat because the Tinder app provokes them to ...

Is that a joke? There's no one putting a gun to anyone's head to use the app as an easy way to cheat on your spouse, or to even download it in the first place.
    The large amount of "matches" women receive on there is no joke. It's apparent that a lot of girls want an ideal "prince charming" (evident from reading what they write under the profile section). Just imagine how easy tinder can make cheating a reality if they are in an unfulfilling relationship.
    The only way that it fails is if women are spammed by male users from different countries making it too messy and irritating to work through. The app is so vain that it really shouldn't even exist.

Tinder scares the crap out of me. I just can't understand the appeal of being comfortable hooking up with or dating random strangers you met through an app.

Honestly, we could probably start a whole other thread about the psychology/sociology of Tinder and other dating apps.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Humans man... we some complex mfp’ers amirite??? Human mind is fascinating isn’t it.

I still don't understand the human mind itself

it's not that difficult....

just start with Pizza, then work your way down.

• BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Humans man... we some complex mfp’ers amirite??? Human mind is fascinating isn’t it.

I had a Stromboli once....
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    BW__NOT wrote: »

penicillin should have cleared that right up...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Then suddenly everyone becomes an expert on behavior science.

Curiosity and discourse can lead to a better understanding of topics on which one is not an expert.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Those are good. And yet I love a good slice...the depth and complexity of my love for pizza amazes me

Fascinating right??
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Is that a joke? There's no one putting a gun to anyone's head to use the app as an easy way to cheat on your spouse, or to even download it in the first place.
    The large amount of "matches" women receive on there is no joke. It's apparent that a lot of girls want an ideal "prince charming" (evident from reading what they write under the profile section). Just imagine how easy tinder can make cheating a reality if they are in an unfulfilling relationship.
    The only way that it fails is if women are spammed by male users from different countries making it too messy and irritating to work through. The app is so vain that it really shouldn't even exist.

Where in this expert explanation of a woman's needs does it tell me how an app on a phone is responsible for provoking someone to cheat on their spouse? I'm struggling to understand this point of view.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Those are good. And yet I love a good slice...the depth and complexity of my love for pizza amazes me

Fascinating right??

😜
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Exactly - if you're in a committed relationship - there's absolutely no excuse to have it. None.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Where in this expert explanation of a woman's needs does it tell me how an app on a phone is responsible for provoking someone to cheat on their spouse? I'm struggling to understand this point of view.

My personal experience...tons of married men on there. Some just want to chat and pretend they're single...some trying to make it happen and meet up. I do think the app makes it easier to "safely" coerce women or manipulate a situation to their benefit with very little fear of repercussion. And it happens on the flip side too...there are married women on there too.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Definitely no app required to get a quick hook up. A couple that my hubby & I have known for at least 2 decades and who have been married for at least 23 years are having major marital issues right now. She filed for divorce 2 or 3 weeks ago, he showed my husband some of the text messages that he has received in that 2 to 3 weeks from married women that are offering some "comfort" because they heard what he is going thru...I know a couple of these women that have contacted him and WOW! it just goes to show that you never really know what goes on behind the closed doors of anyone's marriage!