WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Welcome PAC and Christina and anyone else who had discovered this lovely group of women! :)

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Sorry so long!!!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Kylia - Whew! I think you and your family have had more "adventure" in the past three months than I've had in the past 3 years. (((HUGS)))) <3 . Here's to a much calmer and much smoother 2020! <3B)

Thank you too for the update on sweet Aubrey, such great news for a little one with a rocky start. Happy birthday to her!!

Lanette
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Kylia))) What a time you have had! But, you sound upbeat and let us know that even though some things were tough there were also a lot of good things going on! :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Kylia. <3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I need to do a makeup dumbbells session as soon as lunch settles. I think whatever bug that was has passed because I no longer feel like going back to bed all day long. Thanks for the well wishes - that was a mysterious bug. Now to get back on track. Every exerciser has setbacks, but the real athletes are the ones who fight back. Less than three months to my dude ranch vacation!

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @klanders30 it sounds like you are on a healthy path.

@Machka9 congratulations on your work done and exercise. Do you like dressing up for work?

@SuziQ113 did you get clear polish or coloured polish? Good idea about dealing with the new in priority.

@LisaInAR nice word

@KJLaMore crossing fingers for your child care jobs.

@cityjaneLondon your lamp seems to have golden cracks like lisainar's word. If you are a francofile you might enjoy her series. she's got tons of videos.

@kymarai well mountain highs is nice. I've done stupid games too at times, though it's not my major way of escaping. I tend to watch videos and series and read news and information. but I used to play spades online and I did a stint of solitaire with my new computer.

I WAS NOT ABLE TO RETURN THE COMPUTER. It says you can within 15 days online, on the receipt, but then you have to go to point 8.3 in conditions and it says you need to have the box; ALWAYS KEEP THE BOX! I complained and moaned and sent it in for repair and said I would contest with the mediator (there was a poster listing the address of the mediator). I don't know if I will really get to it, but I might. A bummer and a dud computer I think.
    Anyway. there are worse things in life.

Then I was meeting a friend-neighbour for tea. We exchanged a lot of professional ideas and information. She's from the USA so there is something more straightforward and supportive in a sort of "you can do it" sort of way. It was nice.

I had the 3rd and last ready made organic dish (about 3-4 euros a dish). Again it was boring and very so-so but became much more interesting by dumping a bunch of curry powder on it. I do like having only to plop the package in boiling water for 10 minutes on double boiler. (I don' have a microwave)

The word for a shredder in France is "Destructeur de documents" (Document Destroyer). LOL. it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    @bananasandoranges if you bought it with a Visa credit card you can go through them and contest the billing and get your money back that way. 90% of the time the customer wins!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    So I muscled through most of my workout, almost fainted, had to rest a bit. I still have lunges and crunches to do. Resting a bit more. I am so bad at knowing when to quit. My body always tells me to quit, but that won't get me any better. I had more water but I really want a cookie. I had a full lunch. Eating now will make the crunches fail anyway. I can do this if I rest a bit. I think.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    Options
    qx6tm9lthb64.jpg
    lg2c3dy5arxz.jpg

Cooking today. Apple crisp in oven. Comfort foods. Plenty to eat for a few days. I am sharing lasagna with my youngest daughter's family.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Annie, you are inspiring! I am posting pictures of food and you are trying to work out. Sorry.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka - I typically wear dress pants and a nice top/blouse to work. I really enjoy being able to dress more casually, if the feeling calls for it.

Bananas - I usually keep my nails completely natural. For the event I choose a shimmering red. My outfit is black and cream so I figured the little flash of color was needed.

Lanette - LOL. I probably wouldn't notice, if some did flirt. I have 3 hours to hit 75 vendors and possibly grab a little something to eat. It will be a little like speed dating.

Heather - Love the table.

Rita - Feel better!

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ SFL