WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,847 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

:) I listen to "Savor" (about food and its history), "Happier" (Gretchen Rubin), "10% Happier" (Dan Harris), "Spilled Milk" (sort of about food, but mostly comedy). I check out audio books from the library and am currently listening to the most recent book by J.A. Jance,

<3 Barbie from NW WA

Thank you for the other podcast suggestions! Yes I love my library! Audio books are easy and free to download. Also just walked the dog 2 miles to and from library to drop off a physical book while listening to the audio book.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,847 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes I fainted last Sunday a week ago and felt woozy last night and this morning. I had plenty of food and water, and my heart checked out fine. I have a little sniffle cold. My workouts are not new. And I am sure I am not pregnant lol! I don't know what it could be, but if it doesn't pass, I will see a doctor.

Were you standing in one place or for a long period (blood pooling in feet), dehydrated, stressed? All of these lead me to have issues. Testing showed that my heart was fine. Cardiologist did a "tilt test" and it turned out I have vasovagal syncope ... any one of these three triggers causes my heart rate and blood pressure to drop suddenly.
    I'm not on any meds but the recommendations from the doctor were to ensure I drink plenty of water 64-80oz per day and walk at least 30 min per day. Of course reducing stress and standing when I have to are hard to tackle ... that takes a little more focus! I do have to be careful with decongestants ... they cause dizziness or racing heart.

Good luck!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    Yes I fainted last Sunday a week ago and felt woozy last night and this morning. I had plenty of food and water, and my heart checked out fine. I have a little sniffle cold. My workouts are not new. And I am sure I am not pregnant lol! I don't know what it could be, but if it doesn't pass, I will see a doctor.

Is there somewhere you can get blood pressured checked. Low blood pressure can make you feel faint too.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 How can I go through them and contest? I did buy it through a Visa card? I think the laws may be different from country to country on that. That would be great if it worked.

@SuziQ113 fun for the flash of red

@FunUsername Welcome!

@trucker743 I didn't know there were some guys here. Welcome to them too. Nice picture !!

@Machka Thank goodness there are many comfy work options these days (flats, etc), but it sounds like sweats etc, are better for you. In the usa many people don't dress for work. I was stunned to see my niece wore pyjamas to a telemarketing job. but apparently that is/was done. LOL.

@exermom, Vince is right. Lesson learned. I don't usually toss right out but I wasn't thinking. It sounds like no planning is ideal if people are not dependable. If they show up you could always find a quick take away or bite out or solutions like that.

more skimming today after a few days of reading all and writing lots of "personal" messages.

Back to work day. lots of unexpected mails etc to deal with.
    about 3h correcting papers (expected). 20 min on stationary bike About 30 min weight training. I hadn't done weight training in a while and I like it. I put very light weights, especially for arms. legs and abs are more medium light. It was nice to go to the gym after 3h of correcting papers. I couldn't bring myself to correct papers at home so I went to the café again and again got a "thé gourmand" : tea, plus 3 tiny desserts (about 1/4 cup each: fruit salad, creme caramel and chocolate mousse. It really hits the spot with the small quantities.

I didn't track all well yesterday at the end of the day and had to go back and do from memory. Went over by about 400 or so.

Lots of complicated work stuff to deal with. the strikes have made it more complicated. About 1200 net since Jan 1.
    Very slight deficit average it looks like.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    @bananasandoranges my husband says that it is the Visa card policy and to go through your.visa card company they have a form to fill out on line.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Congrats Lisa! I've lost a grandchild somewhere.....I knew this was your daughters 3rd, where does the 4th come in? How have I forgotten a little one? Shame on me!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,241 Member
    Options

@Machka Thank goodness there are many comfy work options these days (flats, etc), but it sounds like sweats etc, are better for you. In the usa many people don't dress for work. I was stunned to see my niece wore pyjamas to a telemarketing job. but apparently that is/was done. LOL.

Sweats are too scratchy for me ... for my skin, material needs to be very smooth and relatively cool.

And by comfy work options, I mean ... for example, today I'm wearing a white cotton T-shirt, Target shorts (as in the photo below) and a loose, knee-length, sleeveless dress over top. When I get home, I'll stay in the shorts, but replace everything else with a tank top.

wlr945m543ce.png

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,452 Member
    Options
    ☘️