Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Today, a local buffet joint had to close down. The owner is in the hospital and spouse has it, too. They didn't believe in masks for the staff or anyone. Experience had to be their teacher. Now, they're out there telling everyone this is real y'all. We should've listened and this is 10x worse than the flu. Can't see the forest for the trees. It gives me a really big pinch.

dok2uipd80aw.png
    Side note - really neat image to go with the post/saying!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Today, a local buffet joint had to close down. The owner is in the hospital and spouse has it, too. They didn't believe in masks for the staff or anyone. Experience had to be their teacher. Now, they're out there telling everyone this is real y'all. We should've listened and this is 10x worse than the flu. Can't see the forest for the trees. It gives me a really big pinch.

dok2uipd80aw.png

I'm all out of sympathy for the "I thought it was fake but now it is happening to ME" folks. And I feel like there are going to be many, many more in the near future.

Yes, I feel some people need to learn for themselves. Unfortunately, it will be a hard painful way to learn. :(
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @moonangel12

I wish we had that type of graphic news available here. Today reports of 48 new cases in a week and up to two weeks ago we had none most days for over a month. Its coming back!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Just received our school reopening plan this morning for my to be 3rd and 5th graders. Distance learning starting August 12 and then back to the classroom after labor day on an every other week schedule. Last name A-L one week Tuesday through Friday and M-Z the next week Tuesday through Friday. Masks required. Mondays will be distance learning for all while the school gets a deep clean.

Kansas gave their announcement as well. We are delaying the first day of school until after Labor Day (set to start August 13). Further information on how the in-person learning is yet to be announced, but I do know there will be a virtual option. Hoping our numbers will start to decrease soon, and if not that those who can keep their kids home do so as to not over populate the schools/classrooms any more than necessary.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Our Mayor in Chicago said if the young people don't start wearing masks and practice social distancing, we are going back to Phase 3 which means closing businesses, restaurants, salons and THE GYM!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!! :'(:'(:'(

I am in NY and we still don't have gyms open even though we are doing way better than most other states!

I work in healthcare and have to wear N95 for 12-15h a day. It does suck, but it is better than spreading the virus. I even developed a really bad face rash because of it the past few weeks. I do find it really hard to breath as I have asthma, but I am allowed to take it off during my breaks when I can go outside which helps.

I've seen a lot of people on bike paths running and biking with masks and don't know how they can do it but if they can while working out, I should be able to with light activity.

We, Illinois, followed NY example. We shutdown fast and started making progress. The cases are rising but not as fast as the Southern states. If everyone can get on the same page we might be able to fight it better
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    In some ways we actually shut down before NY, but since it hasn't been as dire here (although it's been bad enough), I think some people still aren't taking it seriously enough -- particularly the young.

Here's a somewhat frustrating story about that, that echoes what I've seen: https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-life-young-adults-chicago-covid-uptick-reaction-tt-0715-20200716-vslgp4i2t5eudgt3hchthv6ute-story.html